Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe?

+7
nidhogge
whodathunkit
ElmoSuper8
NYJets
Zaphod
CausticSymmetry
sizzlinghairs
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? Empty Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe?

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:59 am

Thoughts? CS? Just want to make sure what Im doing is safe. I dont feel any side effects, but wanted to run it by the forum.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? Empty Re: Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:54 am

Without sulfur we would die.

The problem is anyone who isn't taking it is probably sulfur deficient.

We can "thank" big agriculture for destroying the soils (using petrochemical based NPK) and
the herbicides which further deplete necessary nutrients, especially sulfur from plants and animals.

It's more than safe...it's necessary if you're interested in being healthy.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe? Empty Re: Been taking 8grams MSM and 4 grams Vit C daily for 2 years. Is it safe?

Post  Zaphod Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 am

It was until i went 4+g a day of MSM until i noticed anything beneficial. Add another essential minerals and trace minerals with a vitamin C and there will probably be even more winning situations...

Still dont know if there is any synergy between vitamin C and MSM if taken one after the other.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:21 am

Have you been able to monitor or notice any results from this combo? I take both at similar dosages a bit higher on the C but lately I'm leary of the absorption rate of Vit C as I've read some information citing 18% absorption rate (I use 100% pure Vitamin C Crystals as Ascorbic Acid). Any comments on this CS? I know you recommend the Pureway tech. which I've had and are great but where does just plain Vitamin C Crystals stand?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:29 am

NYJets wrote:Have you been able to monitor or notice any results from this combo? I take both at similar dosages a bit higher on the C but lately I'm leary of the absorption rate of Vit C as I've read some information citing 18% absorption rate (I use 100% pure Vitamin C Crystals as Ascorbic Acid). Any comments on this CS? I know you recommend the Pureway tech. which I've had and are great but where does just plain Vitamin C Crystals stand?

Either kind is fine.

Using a pure vitamin C, such as the crystals might be a better idea, especially if taken together (with MSM). The reason is fillers.

In my case, I take the metabolic C, only because I take it separately at totally different times than the MSM.
The metabolic C has about a 6-hour half-life. That's really its only advantage. Unfortunately, it is not without some type of filler, which may render MSM less effective.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Thx CS. Do you agree with the idea that the stomach acid alters the vitamin C Crystals making the effective dose much lower than intended?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am

NYJets wrote:Thx CS. Do you agree with the idea that the stomach acid alters the vitamin C Crystals making the effective dose much lower than intended?

I'm not certain. However, taking MSM 30 minutes or more before taking any supplement improves the action of those supplements.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 am

Beebrox wrote:It was until i went 4+g a day of MSM until i noticed anything beneficial. Add another essential minerals and trace minerals with a vitamin C and there will probably be even more winning situations...

Still dont know if there is any synergy between vitamin C and MSM if taken one after the other.

Hi, what benefits did you notice when you went to 4+ grams of MSM?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 am

Elmo, I"m not the Beeb but I have been taking large doses of MSM (12g or more per day) for a little over a month now.  It seems to have diminished my scalp shedding, and my skin quality seems to be better.  A bit tauter, more naturally moist.  The color of my skin has also improved, more like when I was younger.  To use a hackneyed expression, skin color used to be kind of like porcelain, like a fine yellowish bone china, and that seems to be coming back a bit.  The color's just better.  Hard to explain.

Beware if you start taking MSM, especially if you take CS's advice and take pure powder with no fillers on an empty stomach, you may have a detox reaction.  I sure did.  Kind of brutal.  Took a few weeks but it's good now.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am

I've used organic gold standard MSM crystals for about a half a year now, ran out a few weeks ago so it's definitely on the "replenish" list... probably a good product for us to carry for folks in the future.

Anyway, I'm just about 30 days in on a raw, organic, vegetarian diet combined with the DHerbs.com Full Body Detox and, subsequently, the blood/lymphatic detox on their site, and the results are nothing short of ASTOUNDING. Zero shedding, skin is nearly glowing, hair growing in quicker and thicker, tons of energy, less lactic acid and more stamina in the gym, stubborn fat shed away... this is the way to live right here. The higher the vibration of the molecules in the food that you consume ("light" is the highest vibration of energy, so you want to get as close to light as possible since we are, technically, light beings), and this includes sunlight, then the higher you will vibrate. Lower density foods would include meats (you consume the chemicals, emotions, hormones, and antibiotics of the slaughtered creatures), dairy, processed foods and sugars.

Juicing is *phenomenal* for your health... I make 2 to 3 fresh juices a day.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:55 pm

You don't notice anything special, but when you run out of it, you start to crave it soon. I notice more hydrated skin, better morning breath, more energy and it's sort of amplifier for whatever else i am taking as it influence permeability of ingested substances trough the cell membrane (in and out). I suspect it's also great and gentle as a detox component also, as i don't experience any headaches anymore while taking (enough of) it, the trigger was MSM itself. I made also some serious joint flexibility improvement since i am taking it. Yoga component seem important here as well. No miracles but great supp for the money, if taken in quantities enough hard to ignore. I am waiting for next delivery, and i will be taking it sever table spoons (n x 5g) daily. Will see if liposomal vitamin C contributes something worth not ignoring also...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:28 pm

I've noticed increased hair thickness after a while of consuming MSM on a daily basis... I love the stuff.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:39 pm

whodathunkit wrote:Elmo, I"m not the Beeb but I have been taking large doses of MSM (12g or more per day) for a little over a month now.  It seems to have diminished my scalp shedding, and my skin quality seems to be better.  A bit tauter, more naturally moist.  The color of my skin has also improved, more like when I was younger.  To use a hackneyed expression, skin color used to be kind of like porcelain, like a fine yellowish bone china, and that seems to be coming back a bit.  The color's just better.  Hard to explain.

Beware if you start taking MSM, especially if you take CS's advice and take pure powder with no fillers on an empty stomach, you may have a detox reaction.  I sure did.  Kind of brutal.  Took a few weeks but it's good now.

Hi, that's interesting.... What kind of detox reactions did you get?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:15 am

Elmo, I got headache, flu symptoms, symptoms of severe cold, fever, etc.  Little nausea, too.  All symptoms of detox that I've experienced before doing other regimens (juice fasting, iodine, methylfolate, etc.) The MSM symptoms got better the more water I drank, especially the headaches.  For about a week I was drinking 1.5 gallons of water per day.  What surprised me was how little I urinated compared to how much water I was drinking.  But even with some alleviation of symptoms with increased water consump, I was still pretty sick for a week and kind of dragging ass for the week or two after that.   But everything's fine now.

This might not happen to everyone.  Just throwing it out there as a possibility so no one who gets a reaction like this gets scared off of what I now consider to be a great, must-take supplement.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:37 am

whodathunkit wrote:Elmo, I got headache, flu symptoms, symptoms of severe cold, fever, etc.  Little nausea, too.  All symptoms of detox that I've experienced before doing other regimens (juice fasting, iodine, methylfolate, etc.) The MSM symptoms got better the more water I drank, especially the headaches.  For about a week I was drinking 1.5 gallons of water per day.  What surprised me was how little I urinated compared to how much water I was drinking.  But even with some alleviation of symptoms with increased water consump, I was still pretty sick for a week and kind of dragging ass for the week or two after that.   But everything's fine now.

This might not happen to everyone.  Just throwing it out there as a possibility so no one who gets a reaction like this gets scared off of what I now consider to be a great, must-take supplement.

Hmmm..... Thats interesting about the water... Strange. I'll bear all that in mind. Thanks. The only thing I noticed with MSM was it gave me bad sweat, foul smelling stuff. I thought it was just detox but it went on for weeks. But that was with MSM in pill form made by Natures way (1000mg) I hacve just ordered MRM MSM crystals from iherb so hopefully that will be better.

So you really feel that MSM stopped your shedding?

And did you find that it made your hair thicker?

Cheers

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:54 am

I have a long and sorted history with MSM....ultimately it ended well.

Before the Internet, I only had books to go on and most of the time, important details were left out.

So trying different concoctions of MSM over a period of years often did nothing...until about 2 years ago.

Before I get to the point, some back ground might be important.

I had an unusual number of people telling me how MSM changed their lives.....I didn't have a clue why, because
many people did not respond and others did.

There's two things that really matter with MSM

It cannot come from capsules or tablets (these binding agents will impede it from doing everything)

Also, it cannot come with additives (which are often obscured or not told).

It should be in crystal form only. Not powders, tablets or capsules.

The dose has to be high, drink plenty of water. The more bitter it tastes (and it does taste bitter), the more you actually need it. The taste will become more tolerable in time. This stuff is a critical element of life that agriculture and all of its "wisdom" took away with petrochemical fertilizers. It will allow all the other supplements used for hair loss to work better.

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-MSM-Crystals-Maximum-Potency-200-g/41347?=hil335

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 am

CS, do you think that people with certain issues (snps, gut flora issues, or whatever) might be less sensitive to MSM?  I ask because I know people who have had results with apparently "garden variety" MSM, taking it with food, non-specific quality, capsules, etc.  But like you I never had any results from it until I tried your brand your way.  I basically quit bothering with it because it was zip for me.  But now I'm like wow, wish I'd been doing this for about 10 years longer than I have been.

Also, did you get a detox from it when you first started taking it?

Incidentally, I'm experimenting with some OptiMSM flakes, pure, they dissolve in water so there's no apparent filler, they taste like ass just like they're supposed to, but I don't think it's as good as the MRM powder.   Of course that may be because the initial "wow" period is over and also because I've reduced dosage (was taking two tablespoons per day, now only one).  Have you tried flakes?  OptiMSM?

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:35 am

whodathunkit - I agree with your thoughts on all counts. I think that is it exactly.

As far as "Opti" version, it contains hidden additives.

There are benefits to even the "crap" stuff, however the scar/fibrosis benefits will not exist unless it's in the
correct form.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:07 am

CS, so this one isnt as good as the one you linked?
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-MSM-Powder-35-3-oz-1000-g/344#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=msm&rc=424&sr=null&ic=12

Thats the one I have atm, I will def buy the MSM you linked if its better.

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:21 am

Elessar wrote:CS, so this one isnt as good as the one you linked?
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-MSM-Powder-35-3-oz-1000-g/344#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=msm&rc=424&sr=null&ic=12

Thats the one I have atm, I will def buy the MSM you linked if its better.

The one you linked is OPTI MSM (read the label). Almost all the major brands use optiMSM, which is not pure; it has flow agents and such.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 am

NDW,
Thanks alot man, will continue taking this brand until I get the MSM crystals

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I have a long and sorted history with MSM....ultimately it ended well.

Before the Internet, I only had books to go on and most of the time, important details were left out.

So trying different concoctions of MSM over a period of years often did nothing...until about 2 years ago.

Before I get to the point, some back ground might be important.

I had an unusual number of people telling me how MSM changed their lives.....I didn't have a clue why, because
many people did not respond and others did.

There's two things that really matter with MSM

It cannot come from capsules or tablets (these binding agents will impede it from doing everything)

Also, it cannot come with additives (which are often obscured or not told).

It should be in crystal form only. Not powders, tablets or capsules.

The dose has to be high, drink plenty of water. The more bitter it tastes (and it does taste bitter), the more you actually need it. The taste will become more tolerable in time. This stuff is a critical element of life that agriculture and all of its "wisdom" took away with petrochemical fertilizers. It will allow all the other supplements used for hair loss to work better.

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-MSM-Crystals-Maximum-Potency-200-g/41347?=hil335

Hi, what benefits have you noticed from taking MSM?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Effects of sulfur (MSM crystals) will be different in everybody. The main interest with it is that is essentially a missing element that allows cellular regeneration and oxygenation and detoxification.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:19 am

CS, in your opinion is there any harm in staying at an elevated dose (like a couple tablespoons per day) for a while?

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am

whodathunkit wrote:CS, in your opinion is there any harm in staying at an elevated dose (like a couple tablespoons per day) for a while?

There's no risk.

A study was conducted, which was taking the equivalent dose of a full 200 gram tub per day. There was no harm.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next