Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair

+5
Jonoh
AgapeBerry
dickadlop
Xenon
Samfry
9 posters

Go down

Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair Empty Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair

Post  Samfry Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:21 pm

At 19 years old I can grow a reasonably pathetic beard, patchy. My chest hair isn't much better. My facial hairs been growing in ridiculously slowly since age 16 or 17, Chest hair only started growing in the past year. If they follow every other puberty related hair growth on my body, it seems they will come in painstakingly slowly and patchily, until it finally fills in after many years of an awkward stage of half grown disgusting patchy hair. My dad and brother didn't have full beards until they were atleast 25 or so.

Basically if I don't shave for a while my face basically looks like shit. I don't like at all. Is there anyway to speed up the follicle maturation of my facial and chest hair in any way.

The obvious answer would be boost testosterone, what are some reliable ways I can do that.
I've also heard rogain being used on the facial hair, I want to stay away from that.

Samfry

Back to top Go down

Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair Empty Re: Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair

Post  Xenon Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:43 am

This is interesting you bring this topic up because I have actually recently noticed that my chest, stomach and beard hair has become thicker and darker. This all seemed to coincide with completely cutting out all hot drinks and switching to drinking cold ones instead (not too many though).

A stab in the dark as to why this has happened; cold drinks reduce the temperature of the face muscles, so in order for the body to keep these muscles at core temperature (and to prevent cramps), beard hair becomes thicker. Similarly so, cold drinks pass down the throat and cool the chest / torso areas, so this might be another reason why the hair here has become thicker (to retain heat).
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair Empty Re: Is there anyway to speed up the natural maturation of the beard and/chest hair

Post  dickadlop Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:21 am

Very interesting topic indeed, I must say i actually noticed the opossite.. I drink lot of hot drinks and overheat very easily yet my body/facial hair is growing thicker and thicker.. especially in the past month when the weather became really hot here.. also i have a friend who rarely sweats/can wear layers of clothes even when the weather is hot, yet has almost no body/facial hair which is weird because his relatives are pretty hairy people. Strange. Sry4myEnglish

dickadlop

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:58 am

This is why I cut out my life long habit of drinking hot tea throughout the day because of the amount of body heat it caused me to generate. Excessive body heat is very uncomfortable.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Samfry Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Xenon, the same thing could be achieved by a cold shower yes?

Samfry

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Samfry wrote:Xenon, the same thing could be achieved by a cold shower yes?

Perhaps. Many anorexia sufferers develop thicker face and body hair in response to colder body temperatures. This is called Lanugo. I don't think it is healthy to allow your body temperature to drop too low below core temperature though; I only cut out hot drinks because they were causing way too much body heat, especially within the scalp.

Regular daily consumption of hot drinks is likely much worse than a five minute hot shower, as too many hot drinks throughout the day cause consistent increase in body temperature. I personally opt for a lukewarm shower and try to avoid wearing thick layers of clothing / blankets when necessary.

When the body overheats and can't cool down fast enough via sweating, the hypothalamus and pituitary reduce thyroid stimulating hormone, so that the muscles and organs can have a better chance of cooling down. You may have noticed feeling fatigued when you become too hot. This is one of the reasons why this happens. I'd imagine that body hair may be reduced to aid this cooling process if the hypothalamus thermostat is set too high for too long. it is certainly interesting that my face and torso hair has thickened since i stopped drinking hot tea throughout the day. I only hope the same thing happens with my temple hair in good time.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:06 am

About two weeks into abstaining from ejaculation, taking 20mg biotin daily, and taking a few grams of MSM daily, my beard came in thicker and my body hair grew out a little longer. I was also getting a lot of sun during that time. It wasn't much but definitely noticeable to me.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonoh Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:32 am

A simple solution? Shaving it off makes it come through more, for me at least.

Jonoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Samfry Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Is that legit? I've heard shaving with a razor everyday makes hair grows thicker. Any truth to that

Samfry

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:31 am

no its a myth. hair is thicker at the base, so if u cut it at the base, the stubble are wider than the width of longer hairs. This makes ppl think its regrowing thicker.

by the way consider urselves lucky. i am in my 30's and can still only grow the circle of stubble around the mouth. at this rate, ill never have a full beard. then again my mpb is slowly progressing to where i will have a island , so i will have an island on my head, and an island around my mouth. maybe i can get some palm trees implanted, and some boat tattoos.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:06 pm

I would also be interested in having a thicker moustache. Would applying topicals we use for the scalp work there ?

@ rofl what regimen are you on ? you had no luck in stopping you hair loss ?

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:23 pm

here are some ways to get thicker body hair in general that are proven to work:

- cut down masturbation or sex to max 1x every few days/week and even less is better (very noticably effect after about 1month or so)
- incorporate lots of minerals into your diet (best green leafy vegetables), can also affect color, texture and shininess of hair.
- brush the areas you want to improve growth at least 1x a day, face included (this will also give your great skin)
- do not smoke, it has huge impact on hair thickness
- exercise to sweating often

with those it is possible to go from a fuzzy weak to a nice sturdy beard and chest hair, but have no illusions your chest or face won't get hairy were it's not genetically determined to grow hair.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Believeinit thanks for the reply !!

- I'm not able to cut down sex, try explaining that to my gf :p But I have cut down masturbation drastically. I used to masturbate way too much, even like 3 times a day. But for sex that's happening nearly every day.

Will start brushing my moustache and see how it goes Wink Still not sure if my hair loss is stabilised or if I regrew some hair and now lost it again. It seems I'm going into shedding regrowth cycles... I'll post some pics soon

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Radiance:

without listing everything ive tried, and some of the scams i fell victim to,

my regime at the moment is minimalist because i am a university graduate struggling to find work. in fact im undertaking another degree, so money is limited.

for me though seb... derm is a big problem, and has been since i was a teen. i think ive finally got it under control. alternating lots of different anti fungals is the key, i use coal tar, selsun gold, sometimes nizoral, and various natural shampoos, as well as a tea tree oil topical.

i also use LLLT, hair skin and nails supplements. fish oil, or krill oil, vit d, magnesium. between these 3 supplments theres alot of ingrediants, vitamins, minerals, and herbs.
i use other supplements when i can afford it.

Id like to try the theradome, because its a different wavelength. cant afford it though. so im using a cheapy, if it turns out as claimed, i will sell my body or something to buy one.

On one hand, essentially ive failed, because im still slowly balding @ nw3, on the other hand im in my 30's, and still have most of my hair, allbeit with a receded hairline. I prefer to look at it as a success. I have alot of vellis hairs just hangingg out. Thats why i always think others are too quick to call regrowth, when they may be growing bigger, but cycling smaller and smaller each time they fall out and regrow.

thats me in a nut shell. (help im in a nut shell!)

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  radiance Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks for the answer rofl!!

I'm also 29 and alternating in between NW 2 and 3 !! I don't want to shed the money for LLLT as I know I won't be constant enough... I have the same problem with detu and brushing, I do them a little but never get to those 20m a day!

radiance

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 pm

I found zinc helped with my body hair/facial hair.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonoh Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 am

I know people say it's a myth, but all I can go on is my experience, both facial and body hair have responded to shaving in that it's made areas which were hairless sprout new hairs. I only have facial hair along my jaw line (which I don't particularly mind to be honest) but if I either trim with scissors or a number 1 shaver, no new hairs will come, yet every time I shave to the base, I'll find new hairs are creeping up my face. Same goes for body hair.

Jonoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down