Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
fallen hair with white blob at root EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

fallen hair with white blob at root

+4
Balthier
randle20
Crusher
teacup
8 posters

Go down

fallen hair with white blob at root Empty fallen hair with white blob at root

Post  teacup Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 am

Some of the hairs that I shed have a white blob at the root, is that white blob the hair follicle's bulb, the dermal papila or the sebum? other hairs do not have this blob at all, anyone knows why??
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

fallen hair with white blob at root Empty Re: fallen hair with white blob at root

Post  Crusher Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 am

Crusher

Back to top Go down

fallen hair with white blob at root Empty Re: fallen hair with white blob at root

Post  teacup Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am

Crusher wrote:Looks like seborrhoeic eczema.

Really? What if the scalp / skin is not discolored like int he eczema pictures ?

I've noticed this white bulb/blob at the root on hairs for years thinking it was the part that attached the hair to the skin tissue, i have been shedding for years. I also do get dandruff, but on and off.

I can't find pictures online of hair follicles with this white bulge at the root online, still looking.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

fallen hair with white blob at root Empty arm hair, chest hair, eyebrow hair bulb?

Post  teacup Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 am

Also, my eyebrows' hairs, when one falls or if I pull one out (usually a few come out easily without much pulling every day) they have that white bulb at the root, usually a little smaller than the white bulb from scalp hairs.

If I pluck an eye brow hair it probably always has this bulb.

One sec... Ok,

I just rubbed my arms to get some hairs off, and pulled some chest hairs affraid -- no I'm not going mad, this is for science --

Here's what I see:

The arm hairs either do not have this while bulb or it is very tiny.
The chest hair had the bulb, more visible than the arm hair bulb.

One thing to note, my arm skin is not as oil-producing as my chest or facial skin.

What is this white blob if not the bulb?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:23 pm

I found that this bulb exist during the Telogen phase and that it's a GOOD sign, because that means the hair fell off at the end of the resting phase, IMO.

Telogen

Telogen is the resting phase and usually accounts for 6% to 8% of all hairs. This phase lasts for about 100 days for hairs on the scalp and longer for hairs on the eyebrow, eyelash, arm, and leg. During this phase, the hair follicle is completely at rest and the club hair is completely formed. Pulling out a hair in this phase will reveal a solid, hard, dry, white material at the root. About 25 to 100 telogen hairs are shed normally each day
http://www.americanhairloss.org/hair_science/

and

Finally, the telogen phase occurs, during which 10 to 15 percent of hair follicles undergo a rest period for about three months. At the conclusion of this phase, the inactive or dead hair is ejected from the skin, leaving a solid, hard, white nodule at its proximal shaft.2 The cycle is then repeated.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0701/p93.html

What's your opinion?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:33 am

teacup,

the answer is the same as written above.
In my opinion a white blob at the root is definitely a sign for secreted sebum / seborrhoeic eczema.
(that's the point where I started my 'hair loss- career'. Found some fallen hairs with
the white blob and didn't know what it was).
What about dandruffs? Is your scalp affected by dandruffs?

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:47 am

yes, dandruff comes and goes - i have been trying many different dietary items, avoiding others, went on IH top 6, so have not narrowed down what causes the dandruff, some weeks i dont notice any other times i rub my hair and u see the dandruff come out like snow flurries.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 am

Anyone have any luck fighting this dandruff/seborrhoeic eczema problem internally?
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:04 am

randle20 wrote:Anyone have any luck fighting this dandruff/seborrhoeic eczema problem internally?
Not me, not yet, I'm relatively new to even trying. I am working on sourcing raw milk and kefir grains so I can make kefir and apply it topically.
Another aspect that affects dandruff is the frequency of washing of the hair, the more I was the less dandruff, if i go 3 days or more without washing i get lots of dandruff.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:39 am

I've read on hairloss talk some users taking aloe juice internally(stuff bought at store lily of the desert if I remember correctly) helped eliminate dandruff.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 am

Green tea actually seems to help internally. I'm talking drinking a couple cups of it, not taking the pills, which I do also.

I think overeating and eating mucus causing foods like dairy (especially cheese) is a big culprit in this area. At least for me. butter doesn;t seem to affect it much.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 am

I also do topical green tea. I switch up topicals a lot. I'll do cayenne pepper in ACV for say 20 minutes then rinsie it off with MSM in water and let that sit.

Here and there green tea, or ginger in water.

Bentonite clay works really well. Salycilic acid does too, but can't use often and if appled for say 5 minutes (scalpicin) cause some burning and a scalp peel. This could be good in the long run, I' not sure.

Jason's dandruff shampoo with collodial sulfur, SA and MSM works pretty well and is very moisturizing. This can kinda of counteract the drying effect of the clay.

Never got too into kefir though I did make it for a while. I stopped because I couldn't find raw milk and thought using organic pasteurized might be an overall negative. Still not sure. Anyone got any input here?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:59 am

I found raw milk thanks to this site http://www.realmilk.com/where2.html - check it out. If you cannot find raw milk then I think pasteurized organic milk will work, but ultra pasteurized doesn't make kefir (the kefir grains dont like the ultra-dead milk).

If you live in the US this map will help you determine the raw milk laws in your state http://www.ftcldf.org/raw_milk_map.htm
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Back to the hairs and blobs,

I am noticing that thick hairs have a larger blob and the thinner hairs have a smaller blob. I have many more of these thin hairs falling off then the thick ones.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  pokemont17 Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Crusher wrote:Looks like seborrhoeic eczema.
Give homemaded kefir a shot =>
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/regrowth-with-topical-kefir-and-agrimony-t1392.htm

Such a very amazing link!

pokemont17

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:00 pm

teacup wrote:If you cannot find raw milk then I think pasteurized organic milk will work...

teacup,

don't use pasteurized milk, apply homogenized milk.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Any update on solving this problem?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:22 am

Yanks wrote:I also do topical green tea. I switch up topicals a lot. I'll do cayenne pepper in ACV for say 20 minutes then rinsie it off with MSM in water and let that sit.

Here and there green tea, or ginger in water.

Bentonite clay works really well. Salycilic acid does too, but can't use often and if appled for say 5 minutes (scalpicin) cause some burning and a scalp peel. This could be good in the long run, I' not sure.

Jason's dandruff shampoo with collodial sulfur, SA and MSM works pretty well and is very moisturizing. This can kinda of counteract the drying effect of the clay.

Never got too into kefir though I did make it for a while. I stopped because I couldn't find raw milk and thought using organic pasteurized might be an overall negative. Still not sure. Anyone got any input here?

This is a second time on this forum, when I encounter useing MSM topically. As my previous question in other thread was not answered, I ask for the second time. Are you useing MSM, that a lot of people take for healing their joints? I mean this?

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

If yes, how and in what dosage?
Thank you...

_jerusln

jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 am

I don't use MSM.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down