Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread

+5
whodathunkit
Complexx
NevadaNed
CF
TapItIn
9 posters

Go down

Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread Empty Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread

Post  TapItIn Sat May 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them before. I tend to have a very oily scalp with tons of sebum. I was having tons of pain on the top of my head when I moved my hair or touched my scalp and I finally figured out what was causing it. There is a layer of dried sebum that is cemented in my scalp, it is rock hard. I have tried various topicals, brushes, etc and nothing has worked. Has this happened to anyone before? I think I am going to try the violet ray since some have reported it being good to fight sebum.

Any help or experiences would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread Empty Re: Help! Dried Sebum on Scalp Thread

Post  CF Sat May 10, 2014 1:44 pm

TapItIn, have you ever tried applying a paste of baking soda mixed with water to your head?  I'm not sure if it will be able to fully tackle the issue but it may be a start to putting you on the road to success.  I found it really helpful with an oily nose of mine.  

Also, are you taking a vitamin A supplement?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Sat May 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Yes lots of gunk. dead skin, perspiration, hair products etc.

First thing is to think of your scalp as any other part of your skin, like face/back/whatever etc.  Your skin needs exfoliation.  I would start with brushing your scalp (board bristles).  I would recommend running your fingernails on your scalp to loosen up the dead skin.  Others might disagree with this but do what you feel is best.

Do scalp exercises especially pinching between two fingers and yes this will take a while to loosen up and even be possible.  Do as often as you can to start then just maintain.  Apply ACV, magnesium, emu oil, hemp oil, black seed oil prior to scalp exericises

Do scalp peels/masks, ACV/Bentonite clay, polysorbate 80 or whatever has been talked about - I never really messed with it but you could go that route.

Dermarolling I feel is beneficial as well (and easy)

I feel that diet and keeping chemicals away from your scalp is important in preventing this from happening again as well. I used to have lots of dandruff - Cut out the wheat/non natural sugars and stop using commercial shampoo/products I feel are important in preventing this from reoccuring. I think the shampoo's I was using daily for most of my life (prior to about 5 years ago really caused the dandruff/dry scalp.

I still use commercial non natural hair gel but I feel that by exfoliating and the other processes I mentioned prevent my scalp from getting layers of sebum which clog up the pores/hair follicles.

I do not use shampoo any more unless traveling and my hair is greasy from not washing it for a week or more. My hair does not get greasy at all any more unless its for extended periods of time and in those cases I feel that using a proper oil/acv/castile soap/also Seabuckthorn soap is all you need. Shampoo I feel is totally unnecessary, at least for me.

Hope this helps

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat May 10, 2014 5:06 pm

NevadaNed wrote:Yes lots of gunk. dead skin, perspiration, hair products etc.

First thing is to think of your scalp as any other part of your skin, like face/back/whatever etc.  Your skin needs exfoliation.  I would start with brushing your scalp (board bristles).  I would recommend running your fingernails on your scalp to loosen up the dead skin.  Others might disagree with this but do what you feel is best.

Do scalp exercises especially pinching between two fingers and yes this will take a while to loosen up and even be possible.  Do as often as you can to start then just maintain.  Apply ACV, magnesium, emu oil, hemp oil, black seed oil prior to scalp exericises

Do scalp peels/masks, ACV/Bentonite clay, polysorbate 80 or whatever has been talked about - I never really messed with it but you could go that route.

Dermarolling I feel is beneficial as well (and easy)

I feel that diet and keeping chemicals away from your scalp is important in preventing this from happening again as well. I used to have lots of dandruff - Cut out the wheat/non natural sugars and stop using commercial shampoo/products I feel are important in preventing this from reoccuring.  I think the shampoo's I was using daily for most of my life (prior to about 5 years ago really caused the dandruff/dry scalp.

I still use commercial non natural hair gel but I feel that by exfoliating and the other processes I mentioned prevent my scalp from getting layers of sebum which clog up the pores/hair follicles.

I do not use shampoo any more unless traveling and my hair is greasy from not washing it for a week or more.  My hair does not get greasy at all any more unless its for extended periods of time and in those cases I feel that using a proper oil/acv/castile soap/also Seabuckthorn soap is all you need.  Shampoo I feel is totally unnecessary, at least for me.

Hope this helps

Have you tried the shampoo on the hairevo site yet? It's supposed to be good I hear....
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun May 11, 2014 1:13 am

Try putting a castor oil/jojoba oil/EVOO mix on your head and then rubbing your scalp all over with your finger tips for a while. The mixture acts like a solvent for sebum and will lift a lot of crap out of your follicles and pores. Think of it like using gasoline to clean gunky, dirty motor oil off an engine or using mineral spirits to clean oil paint off of paintbrushes. It's the same principle.

It's actually a soap-free method for cleaning your face, but it can be used on the scalp, too. Google "oil cleansing method" to find out more about it.

You'll still have to wash your hair afterwards but this will get rid of the "crust".

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun May 11, 2014 1:31 am

i second the baking soda paste. when i got the bad batch of DS labs revita, which left residue on my scalp that when i tried to wash, the shampoo just kept adding layers to it until it was a big sticky mess, the baking soda paste was the only thing that rectified the situation.

just add a spoonful of baking soda to ur palmful of shampoo, and scrub. i wouldnt do it too often though. just when theres crap to remove.

it that doesnt work, try straight baking soda, and water. try to keep out of eyes.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Sun May 11, 2014 9:55 am

I have not tried the shampoo. What are the ingredients?  If it is reasonably priced and you have the money I would try it out.

In addition to what others have said I recommend tea tree oil - although I don't use it much anymore - dilute with mag oil/water in a spray bottle is the way I use it.

Also you could try out a a violet ray.  I would start with a cheap one off of amazon or ebay for around $30.  Absolutely no reason to pay 300-500 when starting off like others have recommended here, that is unless you hate your money.  This has helped clear up my skin, esp. blackheads, I imagine it helps with the same type of clogged pores on the scalp.

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  lamka Sun May 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi guys, I use Hanz de Fuko shampoo and it is really good. 10 times better then every other shampoo I have tried. However... what do you think about this shampoo/soap ? Babassu Shampoo and Body Bar
( http://www.soapforgoodnesssake.com/mm5/merchant.mvc? )

Ingredients: Saponified Expeller Pressed Babassu Oil (Orbignya Oleifera Oil), Distilled Water.

Shall I try it ?

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Mon May 12, 2014 9:10 am

Hi Nevadaned,

Do you use the violet ray for your scalp as well? Do you use the $30 version?

thanks

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Mon May 12, 2014 10:33 am

Yes I do use the $30 version on my scalp - although not too much lately. If nothing else I feel that it stimulates the scalp and seems to help with circulation. Also it is effective on acne/bacteria type skin conditions so I am inferring that it also helps with these issues on the scalp.

I don't really understand the negativity of those who ppl who dismiss the violet ray. It has certainly helped with my skin -> reduced acne, sebum, and seems to really help the tone/glow of the skin. If for the latter ppl say that it is nothing but placebo so be it I feel it helps and for the measly investment you can't go wrong.

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks for your reply! Have you been able to stop your hairloss? What else seems to be helping you?

Thanks nevadaned!

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Yes I have basically halted by hairloss and owe it all to this forum, so I'm a big believer.

Started to notice thinning in the crown at age 20 - at this time I was typical college student eating lots of junk, drinking alc. and not exercising much. Stupidly tried fin. for about 6 months- year or so which was one of the worst things I've done to my body. I noticed the effects almost right away but for some reason continued doing it, dumb dumb dumb. But anyways that doesn't matter anymore but I would never advise anyone to take that poison. I have a friend who takes it and am so sad for him because I know what it does but he doesn't listen so I let that be. Started using nizoral at this time which I think helped thickness of hair but not sure if it really did anything

Anyways...Since about age 21...

Started on IH top 6 - I take lots of supplements and will give you guys a full list of stuff I've tried and currently take if you'd like.

Exercised - ranging from little, moderate, to a lot. I think moderate exercise is all you need.
Light weights
Yoga - need to get back on this ASAP
cardio - I like running where I run for a mile or so and take a break and walk for a minute or two then continue running, I feel there is no reason to kill myself running when it's much more enjoyable running hard for awhile then stopping when my body tells me. I think vigorous runners are in a constant state of stress - coritisol etc. causing aging, fatigue etc.

Cleaned up diet (which I have changed often, tried new things, not followed strictly when I didn't want to) -I believe this is the biggest factor and easiest thing to change for most people.
I stopped eating wheat which I realized had basically been interfering with my body/brain for 24-5 years or so. I wasn't fat before but wheat gave me a ton of water weight/wheat belly towards my 24th year. I only realized how much brain fog it gave me when I was studying for my LSAT and after eating whole wheat pasta I realized I could not concentrate on anything. I threw away the wheat and haven't gone back (I will still eat a little bit here or there if it's the only choice and I'm hungry - I'm not a freak about that stuff as I feel you can't really let your diet interfere with your life and if your life revolves around that stuff then you aren't really living).
I also cut out dairy, cheese, milk for about 4 years but have recently been eating some ice cream/milk when I feel like it although I try not to do this often.
I now try to eat exclusively organic fruits and veggies
Grass fed beef, bison, lamb
Organic eggs - I stopped eggs for a couple years but have reintroduced, might cut out to see if I notice a difference soon
Wild Fish - I avoid mahi mahi and tuna and swordfish - although this is a somewhat personal decision and not based on any extensive research I have done
Nuts - still trying to figure this out -I have a feeling these aren't great to consume all the time but I think certain nuts are much better than others - ie tree nuts

I try to do a cleanse twice a year for 10-14 days - Am open to ideas but I feel this gives your body a respite and I notice an increase of energy/creativity - I think there's something to this

Intermittent fasting - little to no food for a 12-24 hours etc. - I don't even notice I do this anymore as my body has adapted very well

Get plenty of fresh air, away from civilization/society/electronics as often as I can

Meditation - quiet your mind/stop the constant stream of thoughts/worries, stop the insanity of self imposed stress.
An aside to stopping the stress/anxiety that I feel might have aggravated my initial thinning are the following - I don't watch tv, the news (I might read it every few weeks but I read financial news most days), closed my facebook account - read the goods books and shun the stuff that the masses use to occupy their minds.

10-15 minutes of sun per day on full body/indirect

bought a laser helmet

have used a Violet ray for about 10 months

Recently have started dermarolling

There's probably much more I could share so ask away but I am now almost 28 and am a living testament that this stuff works. It's not just one thing you can do as it is truly systematic and everything effects another.

I have a full head of hair with no signs of thinning nor receding hairline. BTW my Dad's side is very bald and my mom's side has good hair but I was definitely prone to hairloss and luckily noticed it quickly and changed my lifestyle. I look very young for my age and still get carded everwhere I go. It's amazing when I see my old friends from HS/college and they look chubby, with receding hairlines etc. basically middle aged 25 years old.

Anyways your mileage will vary and I don't intend to persuade anyone to do what I have done. All I say is to try things out for yourself as you are the only one who can decide what works for you.

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Mon May 12, 2014 2:49 pm

wow thanks for sharing your story. Im sure your story will give hope to others out there. As far as supplements.. Do you know the which ones have helped you the most? Do you take iodine?

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaNed Mon May 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Definitely the top 6

Aceytl L Carintine
ALA
Ecklonia Cava

also:
Krill Oil/ Cod Liver Oil
Vitamin C
MSM
Selenium

topical Magnesium

I also like Brewers Yeast powder and wheat grass and Spirulina a lot

This is not the full list...

Iiodine: Yes I started taking maybe 2 years ago.  I noticed first that it gave me a burst of energy and then made me extremely tired another time (Yes probably overdid it and didnt follow the salt/selenium protocol properly).  All I can take from this is that my thyroid was probably messed up and now I can't say I notice any difference day to day but am not really paying much attention as I've been very busy.  But yes I feel iodine is vital and it obviously does not exist in the modern American's diet.  

In addition to iodine I avoid flouride/chlorine/muni water as much as I can, 95% of time.  I believe flouride calcify's the pineal gland which is immensely important.  Forgive me for I am going off the top of my head but I think they believe the pineal gland is vital for things like creativity/critical thinking - This might not be accurate at all so refer to CS's posts on this.  It seems awfully weird to me that the govt. flouridates the water of its citizens when it obviously has no real reason to do so.  I am not a conspiracy person but this is just too strange not to raise red flags for those of us who haven't been
brainwashed into believing that the govt always tells the truth and wants to do what's best for its citizens.  It seems flouride is a good means to help dull the masses to the point that they don't question anything as long as they get their govt entitlements, tv, and beer.  I

I noticed another thread re: this which I will try to add to.  I have a RO filter in my house but am looking into a water distiller as well. I first need to determine whether distilled water deserves the bad reputation it has amongst certain people and whether those minerals can be added back in.

Just look at your average middle American that consists on soda/KFC/veg oils/white flour etc -  carbo loaded, bloated, lethargic, overweight, dull complexion and empty eyes versus the japanese or any other culture that still eats a healthy/natural/well balanced diet - whether it be in latin america or elsewhere - they look vibrant, with clear eyes etc.  Also this has to relate to how much time Americans spend in front of the TV/Computer versus other societies which live and interact with the natural elements and spend a significant amount of time outdoors/nature etc.  

This is a massive generalization but the more time I experience with these types of people the more I believe diet and environment (actual and mental) is the most important thing.

NevadaNed

Back to top Go down

Post  u2hcondition Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello all,

I had the same problem and lost a lot of hair over the past few years. Oily hair, sebum plugs/balls, hair loss, etc... If you want a permanent cure, you have fix the problem internally by changing your diet. Eat organic vegetables for as long as you can and you will notice a difference. How long will it take? That depends on how severe your problem is. You need to be patient and not lose hope.

In my case, it took a couple of months. The vitamins and minerals from the vegetables will cleanse your body by getting all the junk out. If you have a hard time maintaining such a diet, just start gradually. For example, for a start, have a meal of organic vegetables once a day and then gradually increase it. It's ok to cheat once in a while, as long as you keep eating some healthy vegetables. So my message is simple, eat only vegetables until you are cured and then you can go back to a ''normal'' diet. And if the problem comes back, you know what to do because you have done it.

u2hcondition

Back to top Go down

Post  hairderp Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm

u2hcondition wrote:Hello all,

I had the same problem and lost a lot of hair over the past few years. Oily hair, sebum plugs/balls, hair loss, etc... If you want a permanent cure, you have fix the problem internally by changing your diet. Eat organic vegetables for as long as you can and you will notice a difference. How long will it take? That depends on how severe your problem is. You need to be patient and not lose hope.

In my case, it took a couple of months. The vitamins and minerals from the vegetables will cleanse your body by getting all the junk out. If you have a hard time maintaining such a diet, just start gradually. For example, for a start, have a meal of organic vegetables once a day and then gradually increase it. It's ok to cheat once in a while, as long as you keep eating some healthy vegetables. So my message is simple, eat only vegetables until you are cured and then you can go back to a ''normal'' diet. And if the problem comes back, you know what to do because you have done it.

What do you think is the bigger problem. Dairy,Meat or Gluten??

hairderp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down