Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
DHT sensitivity EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
DHT sensitivity EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
DHT sensitivity EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
DHT sensitivity EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
DHT sensitivity EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
DHT sensitivity EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
DHT sensitivity EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
DHT sensitivity EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
DHT sensitivity EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DHT sensitivity

4 posters

Go down

DHT sensitivity Empty DHT sensitivity

Post  JamesDean Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello guys,

I'm back with a new question !
Does DHT sensitivity for follicles exist ? Because if it does, don't think that even by doing DT or dermarolling and by fixing inflammation in your body, you can actually still loose your hair ?
Because fixing inflammation is a good thing, but it doesn't lower your DHT levels, so if the follicles are still in contact with it, then even if perfectly irrigated and not inflamed they could sill fall... Am I right ?
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

DHT sensitivity Empty Re: DHT sensitivity

Post  egodust Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:53 pm

JamesDean wrote:Hello guys,

Does DHT sensitivity for follicles exist ? Because if it does, don't think that even by doing DT or dermarolling and by fixing inflammation in your body, you can actually still loose your hair ?
Because fixing inflammation is a good thing, but it doesn't lower your DHT levels, so if the follicles are still in contact with it, then even if perfectly irrigated and not inflamed they could sill fall... Am I right ?

DHT 'sensitivity' is a meaningless term, cells have receptors that T, DHT, estrogen can bind to, it really doesn't
mean anything.

DHT is 'bad' in that it promotes TGF which can promote caspase which kills hair cells, TGF itself is also related
to abiogenesis and hair GROWTH.

Shutting down inflammation means controlling TGF and controlling DHT allows other hormones to do their work
instead.

DT/Dermarolling is about using TGF for its abiogenesis properties, it also promotes oxygen to the area which
changes the hormonal activity.

egodust

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesDean Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 am

egodust wrote:
JamesDean wrote:Hello guys,

DHT 'sensitivity' is a meaningless term, cells have receptors that T, DHT, estrogen can bind to, it really doesn't
mean anything.

DHT is 'bad' in that it promotes TGF which can promote caspase which kills hair cells, TGF itself is also related
to abiogenesis and hair GROWTH.

Shutting down inflammation means controlling TGF and controlling DHT allows other hormones to do their work
instead.

DT/Dermarolling is about using TGF for its abiogenesis properties, it also promotes oxygen to the area which
changes the hormonal activity.

thanks for your clear answer egodust ! But I'm still wondering about this DHAT sensitivity because if it wasn't about that, all bald people should be very hairy, no ? Because I thought that DHT was promoting body hair growth... mixed up Rolling Eyes 
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:18 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9496234

I'm guessing this is what it's about.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesDean Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:56 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9496234

So there actually is a sensitivity to androgens in balding men's follicles... That is worrying because even if everything in type of blood flow and inflammation is fixed, the sensitivity would sill be here...
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

Post  egodust Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:49 am

JamesDean wrote:

So there actually is a sensitivity to androgens in balding men's follicles... That is worrying because even if everything in type of blood flow and inflammation is fixed, the sensitivity would sill be here...

It says 'androgen' and not just DHT, you can change your hormone profile via diet, exercise, mineral status, etc - increasing
SHBG, supressing 5ar, increasing Iodine (so it increases thyroid ouput) will create hormones that bind to receptors and stop
hormones like DHT creating effects even though you might have receptors.

This is why hair loss drugs work, they do work after all, but to get the effect naturally takes more work, inflammation also
stops the later chain of events of DHT, which is vital.

egodust

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:59 am

JamesDean wrote:

This has already been debunked by some recent studies & many of our members regrowing hair via increasing blood flow. Follicles are only "sensitive" to DHT in a low oxygen environment. When you have enough blood flow and oxygen flowing through your scalp you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Your hair has been fine before the period you went bald... A random occurring sensitivity doesn't even make any sense at all... And if that were the case why do the vast majority of people with MPB retain the hair on the back and sides of their heads? This theory is the sole theory that kept us away from the actual cure for DECADES.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesDean Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:15 am

Complexx wrote:
JamesDean wrote:

This has already been debunked by some recent studies & many of our members regrowing hair via increasing blood flow. Follicles are only "sensitive" to DHT in a low oxygen environment. When you have enough blood flow and oxygen flowing through your scalp you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Your hair has been fine before the period you went bald... A random occurring sensitivity doesn't even make any sense at all... And if that were the case why do the vast majority of people with MPB retain the hair on the back and sides of their heads? This theory is the sole theory that kept us away from the actual cure for DECADES.

Thanks Complexx and egodust for these responses. I'm convinced  Smile 
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesDean Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:16 am

By the way Complexx, are you having regrowth by doing detumescence ? and stop shedding ?
JamesDean
JamesDean

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:25 am

JamesDean wrote:By the way Complexx, are you having regrowth by doing detumescence ? and stop shedding ?

Yup =] I've had regrowth occur before I even started DT. I would usually place the palms of my hands on the sides of my scalp and push upwards (you can literally feel the blood rush) and the Maliniak Method before getting into the DT. DT skyrocketed my results though!
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down