Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
my cold shower success EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
my cold shower success EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
my cold shower success EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
my cold shower success EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
my cold shower success EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
my cold shower success EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
my cold shower success EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
my cold shower success EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
my cold shower success EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

my cold shower success

+16
CaptainGiggles
irfoc
NYJets
Mastery
Xenon
bobthebuilder
Duketronix
BelieveInIt
youngbalder
ngb
hawk44
Dannyboy
blahblahblah
Zaphod
stresssucks
john walters
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

my cold shower success Empty my cold shower success

Post  john walters Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Good Morning everyone.

I just wanted to let people know how great it is to have cold showers every morning when you wake up. For those like me who believe MPB is due to tight scalp and blood circulation then a cold shower is superior to most things in getting the blood circulated.

after a long sleep your blood is stagnated in the depths of your body (organs etc) so going to a hot shower really isnt doing much however when you go for a cold shower you are shocking your body, because everything tenses up means that your body has to work harder to push blood around your body, this will naturally increase blood pressure and improve circulation. Its amazing because after about 3minutes of being under freezing cold water my body warms up, I can almost feel the blood rushing round my body.

Not only circulation, cold shower is great for
-strengthening immune system
-lymph draining
-helping with depression/mood
- increased energy

We have it far too easy in our society, we wake up in a warm bed, jump into a warm shower, drive to work in a car with heating, go to work in a warm office and then eat warm food, our bodies are not stressed enough, no wonder we get ill so easy. we need to stress out bodies out a bit, test them and a cold shower is perfect for this

john walters

Back to top Go down

my cold shower success Empty Re: my cold shower success

Post  john walters Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:58 pm

oh yeah and i dont shed anymore Smile + hair looks healthier and thicker

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:04 am

i rinse my scalp with cold water, but cold showers are brutal. tough to do.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:41 am

they are brutal but so so so worth it

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:18 am

After a few months doing it, you will just say no-no to hot water. It will be hard, but worthy journey.

I crave the stuff...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:37 am

I started doing it and it's remarkable. For about a month I've done it.

However, yesterday I was soo tired and didn't want the "stress" of the cold and took a hot shower...hairs were all over my chair at work. This was the first time I took a hot shower in about a month and I felt awful afterwards. I'm glad I took the hot shower because it showed me that it really DOES effect my hair (probably not yours...everyone is different)

Anyways, I also pulled out one of my longer vellus hairs ontop my head and was surprised to see that there was about a half an inch of DARK hair leading to the annoying clear/see-through vellus. It looked like when you bleach your hair and then your normal hair grows out from the root...like that ombre look. It looks like it's making the hair darker? I look in the mirror at the vellus blonde hairs and it looks like there are now darker roots? But could just be a optical illusion.

Also, there are these random BLACK hairs that have started popping up in my thinning areas where it's just annoying vellus hairs. I would take a picture because it's so random but I really don't care enough to...lol. Maybe if it gets thicker. But it just looks really weird cuz it doesn't match my hair at ALL...but when I was younger, my hair was A LOT darker and I've always wondered why my hair is such a nasty orangish blonde now.

Oh, and in addition to the hot showers I used to take I used to take a REALLY hot bath everynight and soak my head in the water - thinking it was helping! LOL. It was probably boiling my hair right off my scalp!

Another thing...you notice with bald men or if you look at your balding scalp, the skin looks extremely smooth. But now I see these tiny little follicle holes everywhere. It seems very natural and like the hairs are ready to get out.

Be mindful that I'm naturally an ashy blonde but over the years my hair has turned kind of a brassy blonde...yeah, it's awful lol. So the black hairs are a big surprise.

My strategy is to buy some MSM, biotin, protein and megadose these and continue with the 2x a day showers. Maybe brush occassionally. But yeah, definitely no more hot water on the head.

My grandpa had beautifully thick hair and I don't think he washed it much. In the 50s/60s...they'd only wash it once a week at the barber shop and then just slap Brylcreem on it the other days. THeir hair probably rarely came into contact with hot water. THe whole "wash your hair everyday" is a new marketing invention Smile

ANyway, I was sad cuz the manuals didn't work and I dont' have enough will power to do NOFAP but I'll see with this cold water thing. LOL

blahblahblah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 am

From what I know it is good to start to shower with hot water - especially if you are using a good quality SLS free shampoo, it opens the pores for better absorption and better cleaning of the scalp, then you end up and wash with cold water to close the pores - does it make sense?

So what about if you take a shower before using LLLT or other stimulation devices? in case you shower with cold water it seems that the absorption of the lasers will drop- isn't that so?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:12 am

Dannyboy wrote:From what I know it is good to start to shower with hot water - especially if you are using a good quality SLS free shampoo, it opens the pores for better absorption and better cleaning of the scalp, then you end up and wash with cold water to close the pores - does it make sense?

So what about if you take a shower before using LLLT or other stimulation devices? in case you shower with cold water it seems that the absorption of the lasers will drop- isn't that so?

How do you know this? From your personal experience? is your hair regrowing at all?

blahblahblah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:28 am

blahblahblah wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:From what I know it is good to start to shower with hot water - especially if you are using a good quality SLS free shampoo, it opens the pores for better absorption and better cleaning of the scalp, then you end up and wash with cold water to close the pores - does it make sense?

How do you know this? From your personal experience? is your hair regrowing at all?

An Ebook which was very interesting: http://hairlossblackbook.ugmp.net/ and it makes much sense.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  hawk44 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:29 am

Cold showers have been on my "to do" list for a while. Not ready to give up my hot showers during this brutal winter, but soon enough I will give it a try.

I know people say the benefits are immense, and it seems to me to be a good idea at least in theory.

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 am

I dont think we shouldnt open the pores, the idea of cleaning them out its crazy in my idea. Our bodies is amazing and we think we need to clean it with soaps and shampoos when it is doing so much harm. dont use soap, dont use shampoo. wash every morning with cold water and put talc on your pits. my skin is so much softer and I feel so much healthier

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:55 am

One thing to consider is that a cold shower is really just an ambient temperature shower. If you live up north then a winter cold water shower is probably unbearable and a summer cold water shower is probably over 60 degrees. It's probably better to take an ice water bath. If you live down south I'm not sure a cold water shower really does anything any time of year even if it is a little uncomfortable. My cold water is over 60 degrees in the winter in California so I'm not sure it really has any effect.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 am

john walters wrote:Good Morning everyone.

I just wanted to let people know how great it is to have cold showers every morning when you wake up. For those like me who believe MPB is due to tight scalp and blood circulation then a cold shower is superior to most things in getting the blood circulated.

after a long sleep your blood is stagnated in the depths of your body (organs etc) so going to a hot shower really isnt doing much however when you go for a cold shower you are shocking your body, because everything tenses up means that your body has to work harder to push blood around your body, this will naturally increase blood pressure and improve circulation. Its amazing because after about 3minutes of being under freezing cold water my body warms up, I can almost feel the blood rushing round my body.

Not only circulation, cold shower is great for
-strengthening immune system
-lymph draining
-helping with depression/mood
- increased energy

We have it far too easy in our society, we wake up in a warm bed, jump into a warm shower, drive to work in a car with heating, go to work in a warm office and then eat warm food, our bodies are not stressed enough, no wonder we get ill so easy. we need to stress out bodies out a bit, test them and a cold shower is perfect for this

Hey man i started hot(warm) and cold showers recently more cold than hot. When that cold water hits your body you want to scream but as soon as your body is immerse in cold water head to toe, its an instant energy boost, your mood is lifted and circulation is definitely plus for us with mpb. I always finish my showers with cold water. Summertime is gonna only cold. Ill give myself another to see if notice a difference in how i shed.

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 am

Awesome! I can't believe how little I shed, I can yank at my hair and get nothing, its insane. when i just put cold water on my head I still shedded abit but it was definately reduced. However when I did my whole body it was a drastic improvement.

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:04 am

john walters wrote:Awesome! I can't believe how little I shed, I can yank at my hair and get nothing, its insane. when i just put cold water on my head I still shedded abit but it was definately reduced. However when I did my whole body it was a drastic improvement.

Oh wow, I was thinking you just needed the head for benefits. Guess I'm going to get on the cold shower bandwagon.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:18 am

I thought that too dude. But I guess you need great circulation throughout the body to help with the scalp/ you need the whole body working in harmony

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:53 am

I also dont use shampoo or soaps. I cant stress how much I don't think people should use shampoos. even the natural stuff is full of chemicals. leave your hair alone, stop trying to clean it when its happy with its own oils to self regulate

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:32 am

john walters wrote:I dont think we shouldnt open the pores, the idea of cleaning them out its crazy in my idea. Our bodies is amazing and we think we need to clean it with soaps and shampoos when it is doing so much harm. dont use soap, dont use shampoo. wash every morning with cold water and put talc on your pits. my skin is so much softer and I feel so much healthier

What about after a night when that you are using any topical treatment (lotions / oils ect'? I think you must clean your scalp with Shampoo. I still think that it is necessary to start with hot in order to clean it and then you can end with as long as you want with cold water (how cold btw?). I still wondering though in case before doing an LLLT treatment (as it recommended to do), if its lowing of the effectiveness of the laser to get deeply to the hair follicles, as cold water naturally shrinks the pores.
Any thoughts?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:36 am

I dont use topicals so not sure about that. my pores dont need cleaning out because its hard for the bad stuff to get in, when I do need to clean my pores out i do so by running and therefore sweating. i read somewhere recently that hot water destroys the fatty layers on the scalp too, i l try and find the link.

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:45 am

well most people who are fighting hair loss - do use different kind of topicals.
I think not cleaning the lotions, oils away with shampoo could be harmful. It should be a good shampoo without SLS and harsh stuff - if you don't use any so maybe not using shampoo might be good then.

How long you wash your hair with the cold water and how cold the water is? are you doing it around the other regimes like massage / brushing / VR or whatever your regime is...?

Last edited by Dannyboy on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:25 am

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/739

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/12095-Myth-about-hot-showers-causing-hair-loss-may-be-true

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:34 am

I'm thinking that it's not so much the cold water as much as people washing their hair in the hot water we're used to in the West.

I still take the coldest showers because it makes me feel better mentally.

Was it in this thread where someone said their Latin American hairdresser scolded him for washing his hair in hot water because it makes hair fall out?

blahblahblah

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 am

john walters wrote:I also dont use shampoo or soaps. I cant stress how much I don't think people should use shampoos. even the natural stuff is full of chemicals. leave your hair alone, stop trying to clean it when its happy with its own oils to self regulate

agree, i doubt there's is a single artificial product out there that will help you without sideeffects and won't make you dependent on it, so that if you stop using it the symptons come back amplified. resistance can only build up from within.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 am

john walters wrote:I dont use topicals so not sure about that. my pores dont need cleaning out because its hard for the bad stuff to get in, when I do need to clean my pores out i do so by running and therefore sweating. i read somewhere recently that hot water destroys the fatty layers on the scalp too, i l try and find the link.

Thanks for your answer.
Most people who are fighting hair loss - do use different kind of topicals in their regime, so isn't it a problem avoiding using shampoo?
I think not cleaning the lotions, oils away with shampoo should be harmful. It should be a good shampoo without SLS and harsh stuff - if you don't use any so maybe not using shampoo might be good then.

My concern of cold showers in some degree, is that it can damage the effectiveness of any of hair stimulation devices/treatments like LLLT/VR topical solutions,right after - as the cold water shrink/ close the pores, blood vessels ect'.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:24 am

So don't do those right after.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next