Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I just wanna bang my head against a wall EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I just wanna bang my head against a wall

+3
NDW
AS54
shaftless
7 posters

Go down

I just wanna bang my head against a wall Empty I just wanna bang my head against a wall

Post  shaftless Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:32 pm

I read all these scientific jargon-laded posts here - that probably only a select few can ever understand - and walk away just as pessimistic as ever. There seems to be never-ending studies that say this and that and then you never hear of them again. That's it! I give up on science. I'm going to rub onion juice on my head and throw chicken entrails to the wind while dancing around a fire.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

I just wanna bang my head against a wall Empty Re: I just wanna bang my head against a wall

Post  AS54 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Shaftless,

I love you for this.

I guarantee you the cure will be here soon. The studies might seem disparate but its close, real close.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

I just wanna bang my head against a wall Empty Re: I just wanna bang my head against a wall

Post  NDW Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:53 pm

There are a couple of ways to look at the science.

The first is simply to follow the literature. For example, when the literature said saturated fat was bad, you would have avoided it totally. But when the literature says it is beneficial, you stuff your face with it. Etc etc.It's a constant roller coaster and I think this is a stupid way to approach science.

The other option is a model/theory perspective. These guys (like Ray Peat) lay out a certain framework and if the literature of the time contradicts that framework they just completely ignore it.

When you follow from the second perspective you don't have to worry about the studies coming out tomorrow that will totally contradict everything you're doing today.

NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Lame stream medicine is decades behind.

The news media usually reports abstract data, which is sometimes different from the actual "meat," and many of these people do not understand how to interpret the data. Many current theories of biology are incorrect, I think in many respects we are very much in the dark ages. Often times it's blind leading the blind. Mainstream medicine is over confident, and under educated on the basic tenants of health.

Integrated medicine I think is an improvement, looking at the whole picture, much of which requires a deep exploration of topics often completely obfuscated by mainstream press and textbooks.

However, as long as one ignores mainstream, you're more likely to get something real.

As far as I am concerned the reason for hair loss in most men is already figured out. I'm here strictly for academic purposes. It took me roughly 15 years to figure the puzzle out. Part of the key is that everyone is different and how those triggers occur are different.

In regards to promising headlines in mainstream sites...yes, this is expected to be a disappointment in terms of fast cures or highly effective methods. Many news headlines makes some very bold claims, but nothing really comes of them. There's a reason for the madness.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:59 pm

I feel you shaftless. Although I follow every fucking thing on here that can possibly stop this fucking madness; ray peat/d Roddy, thyroid boosting, detoxifying, mineralizing,  ionizing, cold showering, antioxidant taking, calcium metabolism boosting, body weight training in the sunlight midday, detumescence therapy, topical oils, living as natural as possible (in southern California though) , wearing natural high quality fabrics, no fapping just fucking... Just added NIR sauna maybe this'll be it! Not... Whatever fuck it. I'm going to do it anyways.
Rife?
Dancing around a fire?
I don't even know...

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Most of this stuff seems to either have other health benefits or is a very minimal time commitment.

The diet stuff makes you healthier overall.
The Massaging you can just do while you're driving so you aren't losing time.
Dermaroll is 10 minutes on the weekend.
Switching Shampoo is a money investment but no time. Or you could go no-poo and save on both.
Posture is great.
Stress relief.
etc.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Bred Pittsburgh Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 am

sure that there are a lot of studies about heir loss treatment. And it's really hard to choose one of them for your personal case

Bred Pittsburgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down