Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts?

2 posters

Go down

DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? Empty DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts?

Post  PolandSpring Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:40 am

Hey guys. A lot of you are likely familiar with my case of hairloss that I attribute to Cohns disease, and after trying a multitude of natural (and unnatural) cures for CD, I've come across another one that I am going to try, assuming the smart people here thing it's a good idea / possibly effective.

Here is a much better write up on the actual process than I could give you.
http://simplehealthsolutions.info/a-to-z/dmso-for-crohns-disease/

The short version - Topical DSMO on the abdomen with Melatonin at night time. Also adding dissolved folic acid and/or vitamin B12 to the DSMO solution so it can be absorbed topically. There are many reports online about topical DSMO reducing abdominal pain in people with Crohns, and that has always been my biggest symptom. Needless to say, I'm excited to try it. If I could get rid of this constant abdominal pain I'd be extremely happy. I'm going on 4 years of hell over here. I'd be willing to try anything.

Obviously this should go hand in hand with a good diet, which I have right now. I've been gluten and dairy free (aside from a few slip ups) for months now. That is no longer an issue, but my stomach still hurts and I'm still 'backed up' all the time. I think I may have a semi - stricture in my intestine, and DSMO is supposed to help that.

I come to you guys because I trust your knowledge and you guys have helped me in the past with this issue. What do you guys think?

Another few web pages suggested 50% DSMO with 50% Colloidal Silver on the abdomen. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks again, friends.

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? Empty Re: DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts?

Post  Zaphod Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 am

I dont think crohn's is solvable if not very dedicated. Is your pain in the stomach or gut?

From the list of dr. Loyd, you are quite loaded with various pathogens in the gut. What works for giardia (there are threads), works also for some others parasites. But think tapeworm need more attention.

In short:
- improving oxidation and killing the pathogens: vit C+MSM is option, so is baking soda+vitamin C, so is hydrogen peroxide, ozonated water, etc.

- being short in magnesium and potassium, means attention towards it: from the cheaper, buying magnesium flakes (pharmaceutical grade) and dilute it in water to drink it multiple times a day to support bowel movements. ACV is good source of potassium and offers many other benefits, so is plant based food.

- intestinal villi healing: There are lot of options: bone broth, l-Glutamine, diet rich with organic meat. Dermatrophin is product you want to google for a shortcut, but i have no experiences with it. It might be expensive.

- probiotics: VSL3 type is getting most votes here.

- elimination of allergens with no cheating. gluten, dairy, alcohol,...

- boosting immunity so the healing can take place. Plenty of vitamin C, zinc, and a quality colostrum. I guess unless the pathogenic burden is dealt with, you cant expect long term results with any above alone. It will sure make feel you better.

- Metals are surely present with your situation. Starting slowly with safe solutions as humifulvate is what i recommend. By now you are sure in lack of some essential nutrients as silica, boron, copper, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iodine.

There are studies that connect gut issues with those with methylation problems. Supplementing with any of active forms of B vitamins as discussed on the other thread can make a change.

- i guess mold toxins need special attention for some as well. Cholestepure or fiber+bitter+fatty foods. Limiting the exposure from moldy places is also what would be needed.

I don't know how would topical DMSO work, but think the above should make some positive results... Do you have any blood lab work done? I'd be interested to see.

Sorry, cant help you with stomach issues. However if acid reflux is a case, focusing on repairing hiatal hernia as on the link below and balancing stomach acid, but if there is damage on the stomach, i am not sure this is so simple. You wish other members for making their contributions as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrdNfaanpIs

I don't think there is much new for you, but still i find it all rather important for treating Crohn's... There are other things that would need attention as dental issues or amalgam toxicity. Hope you find it worthy...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? Empty Re: DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts?

Post  PolandSpring Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 am

Thank you for taking the time Beebrox,

I've tried some combination of most of those products. Some for longer periods of time than others.

I've tried so many things in an effort to get rid of worms. Clark Tapeworm, other worm solutions .. either they are all gone or I never had any. I've stayed on those longer than you are supposed to trying to make sure everything gets out. I never noticed anything.

Bovine Colostrum has always bothered me. I've tried to start using that again at least 4 times now. It gives me the same feeling dairy does.

MSM is something I use almost every day. 200-400mg per night. It's frustrating because my body is right on the line between constipation and diarrhea, and sometimes even 200 MG pushed me over the edge, and sometimes 400mg doesn't even help. I think, well, I know - I have issues with absorbing anything I'm taking.

I take 1000 mg of L-Glutamine every morning.

I started going to the gym daily about 3 months ago, and I take ZMA to recover at night (Zing, Magnesium, Vitamin b6)

I take probiotics (culturelle and pearls) every night.

I've tried helping my digestions with enzymes after / before eating. Zypan for stomach acid support. All sorts of things that would help me break down food. That hasn't been very successful.

I've also tried dermatrophin on two different occasions. I didn't notice anything.

But I blame my bodies poor ability to absorb things over anything else. I don't even know if these things are getting to where they need to go, which is why the topical DMSO sounded interesting to me. It goes in through the skin.

To be specific, my pain (constant pain, worse after eating) is between my belly button and pubic bone, so .. lower stomach? or would that be considered the gut? same thing?

I'm a pretty skinny guy (Crohns makes me not want to eat anything on most days) but I have a smaller version of a pot belly down there. It's always distended, feels hard, painful, uncomfortable, etc. Frustrating.

I know I have issues with metal in some form or another. I have 4 or so metal fillings I need to get removed. I went to the dentist to talk about this a few weeks ago and I got a $2,000 quote. As a poor college student there is no way I can afford that right now.

I've also been on LDN for ..4 or so months. Limited positive results, but I'm going to keep giving that one a shot.

Again, beebrox, thank you for the input.

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  PolandSpring Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 am

Also, here is my most recent blood work. It's from September

DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? Img_8411
DMSO and Melatonin for Crohns disease? Thoughts? Img_8412

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 pm

That's a bit embaracing for all the effort and the money you've put into this state.

From what you've mentioned there are some things to consider, firstly is dental - mouth state, secondly is metal/pathogenic accumulation in the colon.

Expanding it more:

Areas affected far away from the intestinal tract include manifestations of mouth ulcers, severe periodontal disease, and involvement of heart and lungs, skin, joints, liver, and urine tracts[3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]. More recent studies have shown the Vitamin D dysfunction and elevated 1,25-D levels in Crohn’s disease patients indicates cell-wall deficient bacteria within macrophages may play a role in the immune suppression aspect of the disease process[9]. If this is the case, then Crohn’s disease has a bacterial cause and could very well be instigated by bacteria that come from the mouth. Nordquist and Krutchkoff further discuss the Vitamin D dysfunction and its cause related to bacteria that get into the body through bleeding diseased “gums” resulting from periodontal disease[10]. If you have Crohn’s disease, it wouldn’t hurt to get your “gums” checked for periodontal disease.

http://lifeguardyourhealth.com/crohn%E2%80%99s-disease-periodontal-disease/

I don't think you can make serious progress unless all the pieces are put together at once. It's depressing to note, i know. But mercury while having amalgams isn't about permanent fix, but more of continual lifestyle to keep things in check once the great metallic burden is lowered. Imagine every time you put fluoride in your mouth mercury is free to go in your blood stream, brain, etc. The same is when you drink a hot meal or drink tea. The same is when you brush your teeth. Being skinny isn't helpful... 4 amalgams is quite a number, i have one and it was changing my life towards for the worse until recently. And for the gums, googling this site for gums diseases will give you plenty options of how to address it. In short, put fluoride toothpaste in the trash and go from there...

By now i'd suspect you have various blockades in your methylation cycle and wish you address it while taking methyl donors. It might you feel you worse before better. Still you wish to address it sooner than later. Emotional experiences from the past are to be experienced along the path, specially if there is metallic burden in the brain. It's known than when in stress body saves more mercury, and pathogens have more free space to spread. Story about pathogens and mercury is connected. Having amalgams still in, i wouldnt use any other things than glutathione, humifulvate and even less intense chelators as active charcoal, MCP. Iodine is probably your friend also, but wish to go slow for the potential fluoride and metal migration worsening of situation. For the removal, regardless of the money if you know the guy will do it ''huggins applied'' way, it's IMO worth it. Until then, selenium is also your everyday's friend. Remember you are naturally short of the antioxidants daily, and put those substances inside to be able to cope better, in comparison with non problematic people they have it all for granted. Long turn, being mercury free wins every aspect of investment...

Pathogens. Food and diet alone while having immune system impaired would do nothing, but prevent more harm. Every time you cheat, the progress (of supps, diet) is lost as pathogens spread with it. Giardia is known to make huge problems with ''hard'' stomach and gut issues. There are better and worse sources of colostrum. 4life has product called ''transfer factor'' that should not give you unpleasant reaction as diary. On the other hand, people report issues while taking colostrum due die off effect, something hard to distinguish while taking both.

Triglycerides can be increased while eating more. Eating well, while eating safe is what you are probably after. Blood glucose could be lower, but addressing nutritional deficiencies, especially those that supply thyroid would bring justice. Again, there are probably problems with low immunity to start with. From the blood, i was interested and hemoglobin, and RBS status, more than anything. The reason is there almost always some sort of anemia present that goes through the fingers of docs.

For the latest you can read this site, for the reasons of malabsorbtion of the nutrients, pathogenesis and toxicity.

http://drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/ANEMIA.htm

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  PolandSpring Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 am

Beebrox, thanks again.

I have ordered some selenium, that 4life colostrum you suggested, and glutathione. After doing some heavy reading on glutathione, I am excited to try that one out.

For anyone else wondering, I have started DSMO treatment, and I have to say .. I think it's doing something? It is helping with my abdominal pains, which is something I will certainly be grateful for. Sorry to be gross here, but I've also been experiencing thicker stool, which is a welcome site when you are a crohns sufferer like myself. Due to constipation and inflammation, I frequently have very thin stool. It's a sure fire sign that you are in the middle of a flare. I don't know if the credit belongs to DSMO, but it's the only thing i've changed.

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down