Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
what causes collagen loss in face? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

what causes collagen loss in face?

+10
whodathunkit
Nuada
shaftless
CF
AS54
CausticSymmetry
BelieveInIt
YAER
RisingFist
sanderson
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what causes collagen loss in face? Empty what causes collagen loss in face?

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm

guys, i have noticed something not good. i just realize i have lost a lot of collagen in my face recently. i think i am not eating enough or something in the last 6 months. i don't know what happened. what can cause this? i am definetely not eating enough carbs lately. is this very bad?

i was doing high doses of iodine maybe my metabolsim is too fast? holy shit. could doing facial exercises too much cause it?

or can too much marjuana cause it? i was doing heavy doses of cannabis oil and then stopped tkaing it for the last a week or two.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

what causes collagen loss in face? Empty Re: what causes collagen loss in face?

Post  RisingFist Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:00 pm

bone broth should help in that departement. Aren't you only supposed to use a few grams of cannabis oil? For hair growth I'm guessing it's topical as well. One user got results from it after trying many other things. Good luck

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:15 pm

sanderson wrote:guys, i have noticed something not good. i just realize i have lost a lot of collagen in my face recently. i think i am not eating enough or something in the last 6 months. i don't know what happened. what can cause this? i am definetely not eating enough carbs lately. is this very bad?

i was doing high doses of iodine maybe my metabolsim is too fast? holy shit. could doing facial exercises too much cause it?

or can too much marjuana cause it? i was doing heavy doses of cannabis oil and then stopped tkaing it for the last a week or two.

http://www.evitamins.com/a/copper-boosts-collagen-production-healthy-skin-joints-308#.UslMDtIW1ds

u really are underestimating ur copper deficiency...i can bet a million pounds u are far below the normal value...take 10-15 mg at least for a week and see how ur doing...this is from 1st hand experience with copper...observe ur hair and face...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 pm

YAER wrote:
sanderson wrote:guys, i have noticed something not good. i just realize i have lost a lot of collagen in my face recently. i think i am not eating enough or something in the last 6 months. i don't know what happened. what can cause this? i am definetely not eating enough carbs lately. is this very bad?

http://www.evitamins.com/a/copper-boosts-collagen-production-healthy-skin-joints-308#.UslMDtIW1ds

u really are underestimating ur copper deficiency...i can bet a million pounds u are far below the normal value...take 10-15 mg at least for a week and see how ur doing...this is from 1st hand experience with copper...observe ur hair and face...

u think thats what it is? ive been doing 2mg/day. dude, i dont know what it is. my face looks COMPLETELY different. like no one even recognizes me. it's like i've turned into someone different. i'm worried about all the shit i'm tkaing now. holy shit. this is not good. a lot of the color is gone in my face.

i wonder if it is the facial exercises that did this? FUCK.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:31 pm

sanderson wrote:
YAER wrote:

u think thats what it is? ive been doing 2mg/day. dude, i dont know what it is. my face looks COMPLETELY different. like no one even recognizes me. it's like i've turned into someone different. i'm worried about all the shit i'm tkaing now. holy shit. this is not good.

id stop the vitamin c if i were u, if u observe the natural sources of vitamin c, no food contains any mega doses, this means it was never meant for mega dosing and IMO it is dangerous to do so...please take my advice and i can guarantee that in 1 week, 1 WEEEEEEK only u will see a major difference...this was my experience, cut the zinc and the vitamin c and do as i tell u and look at urself after 1 week...u will be astonished...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm

dude it´s not the facial exercises, i do them every day get better and better looking with them.

sanderson i think you have to chill a little bit dude, you're worrying WAY to much about EVERYTHING...

go on a NORMAL diet like some veggies, fruits, chicken, eggs, meat, nuts and you can exclude any food issues on hair, skin and wellbeeing.

then keep on doing detumescence and brushing twice a day, maybe stop doing the scalp exercises all the time since one can become addicted to them.

the rest of the time lay back relax and stop worrying so much!

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am

BelieveInIt wrote:dude it´s not the facial exercises, i do them every day get better and better looking with them.

sanderson i think you have to chill a little bit dude, you're worrying WAY to much about EVERYTHING...

go on a NORMAL diet like some veggies, fruits, chicken, eggs, meat, nuts and you can exclude any food issues on hair, skin and wellbeeing.

then keep on doing detumescence and brushing twice a day, maybe stop doing the scalp exercises all the time since one can become addicted to them.

dude i'm serious i look completely different. like my face is sagging or something. i think it was too much scalp exercises, it made my face sag or something. omg dude. i am just realizing it now how different i look from before. i'm seirous, if you saw a before and after picture, in between buzzing my head and my face, it's like all the collagen has been stripped from my face. like when i smile, i have like extra lines on my face and wrinkles on my eyes. something screwed me up completely. i think it was me trying to loosen my scalp left and right. or the marjiuana i used was too much and now it screwed my face up. i dont know. even girls are like digsted by me, even my friends didnt recognize me. i saw my friend, he didnt even recognize me when i was like right next to him, im seirou.s what. the. fuck. has. happened. to. me. propecia ruined my life.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 am

sanderson wrote:
BelieveInIt wrote:dude it´s not the facial exercises, i do them every day get better and better looking with them.

dude i'm serious i look completely different. like my face is sagging or something. i think it was too much scalp exercises, it made my face sag or something. omg dude. i am just realizing it now how different i look from before. i'm seirous, if you saw a before and after picture, in between buzzing my head and my face, it's like all the collagen has been stripped from my face. like when i smile, i have like extra lines on my face and wrinkles on my eyes. something screwed me up completely. i think it was me trying to loosen my scalp left and right. or the marjiuana i used was too much and now it screwed my face up. i dont know. even girls are like digsted by me, even my friends didnt recognize me. i saw my friend, he didnt even recognize me when i was like right next to him, im seirou.s  what. the. fuck. has. happened. to. me. propecia ruined my life.

come on don't freak out, this won't help..my face changes everyday...as I said, give it a week of a healthy normal diet without supplements, stop the scalp exercises, instead do the face exerciases, do some sport. you should be fine and things will be reversed...and stop the marihuana, this obviously can't be good for your appeareance.

also the most important aspect in appearance to other people is attitude, you just need to relax. what's your normal day diet + supplements?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:20 am

I wanted to comment here about vitamin C.

Vitamin C helps produce collagen and elastin, it's not an issue. I've been taking several grams doses for over 20 years.
I'm nearly 45 now. Taking vitamin C in even large doses is not going to delete out all of the copper

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/skin/vitaminC/

To retain collagen and skin, the body needs sulfur (first and foremost above everything). Silica (Silicon) is also needed with some copper to produce it as well.

I used to take a lot of hyaluronic acid (HA) for skin, but have switched to sulfur instead. I still use
Ecklonia Cava for hair and it enhances collagen and elastin as well.

I wrote the following article a few years ago, it might help: I'll be updating it soon to incorporate sulfur in place of HA

http://web.archive.org/web/20111217002545/http://healthyfixx.com/plan/9/fighting-wrinkles

Last edited by CausticSymmetry on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:26 am

BelieveInIt wrote:
sanderson wrote:

dude i'm serious i look completely different. like my face is sagging or something. i think it was too much scalp exercises, it made my face sag or something. omg dude. i am just realizing it now how different i look from before. i'm seirous, if you saw a before and after picture, in between buzzing my head and my face, it's like all the collagen has been stripped from my face. like when i smile, i have like extra lines on my face and wrinkles on my eyes. something screwed me up completely. i think it was me trying to loosen my scalp left and right. or the marjiuana i used was too much and now it screwed my face up. i dont know. even girls are like digsted by me, even my friends didnt recognize me. i saw my friend, he didnt even recognize me when i was like right next to him, im seirou.s  what. the. fuck. has. happened. to. me. propecia ruined my life.

come on don't freak out, this won't help..my face changes everyday...as I said, give it a week of a healthy normal diet without supplements, stop the scalp exercises, instead do the face exerciases, do some sport.  you should be fine and things will be reversed...and stop the marihuana, this obviously can't be good for your appeareance.

also the most important aspect in appearance to other people is attitude, you just need to relax. what's your normal day diet + supplements?

well my diet has not been good lately. i have not been eating healthy the past few days, but before this, i had a very weird appearance before as well. i realize now my skin is like ruined, i have many bumps on my face, i just look like a crack dealer or something, like super skinny or aneorixic or something. like thats how it feels.

i think my body is crashing from finasteride from being on a high from the marijuana because i realize now i havent had a sex drive AT ALL in the past like 2 weeks. i just shaved my face for the first time in a while and i see my face looks different, my not shaving it too the appearance away. i think my face is looking extremely feminine or something, i cant put my finger on it. my lips are very chapped, my throat is very dry, my color is very white. i have no color in my face at all. learning lesson.. never take propecia folks jesus christ.

i have like $100 in the bank, i havent been eating healthy because i ran out of money. HOLY SHIT. finasteride completely ruined my life, my looks, my sex drive, everything. i might be very dehydrated or something. i dont know what it is. ive been too spaced out to realize even what was happening i think, i havent even been paying attention.

good idea on the diet. i have a ton of vegeables in my fridge, i'm going to go eat the fuck out of all my vegetables. god i hope i get through this. even my metabolism is screwed up, i have no metabolism at all or feel hungry ever. im slamming down as many good foods as i can right now.

@CS, okay, i have been taking diaemetous earth, like a spoon ful and putting it in water, and then i take vitamin C, not as much anymore, and then i was taking 2mg doses of copper. was i taking too much silica, is that possible?

Last edited by sanderson on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:39 am

It thinks its more than just a loss of collagen too. I think just as importantly is the decline in collagen renewal and a disruption in the matrix structure.

You can think of skin cells as living in this sea of collagen and elastin fibers. Did you ever play that game as a kid where you had a bunch of balls sitting on top of the sticks, and as you removed sticks the balls started to sort of fall through the network of sticks? Its kind of the same thing.

Over time UV radiation, alcohol, infection, poor diet all introduce oxidative stress that damages collagen. One of the big things is blood sugar. Glycation products cause cross-linking of collagen fibers which is whats directly responsible for wrinkles. But glycation products also inhibit fibroblasts which replace collagen and they activated the MMPs (matrix metalloproteinases) which break down collagen. Cumulatively it causes the skin to sag, thin, and form wrinkles over time.

Taking care of the skin and preventing this is a whole lifestyle commitment: avoiding sources of oxidative stress and glycation, lowering stress (cortisol thins the skin), and taking plenty of antioxidants, particularly to offset the effect of eating.

I'd say adequate hydration, lots of antioxidants, and controlling blood sugar, and managing stress are the most important things as you get older. Curcumin and quercetin are both good at lowering the MMPs. Of course, vitamin C and E. Because lipoic acid is fat soluble it is also good.

CS educated me on the silica aspect, and at one time he was recommending the choline stabilized form in Biosil.

As a last note, poor sleep will destroy your skin. I think everyone should get a sleep study once they are in their twenties if they have any sleep problem symptoms whatsoever. You could head off a lot of issues later in life.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:42 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I wanted to comment here about vitamin C.

Vitamin C helps produce collagen and elastin, it's not an issue. I've been taking several grams doses for over 20 years.
I'm nearly 45 now. Taking vitamin C in even large doses is not going to delete out all of the copper

CS, how many grams do you take daily?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:47 am

AS54 wrote:It thinks its more than just a loss of collagen too. I think just as importantly is the decline in collagen renewal and a disruption in the matrix structure.

You can think of skin cells as living in this sea of collagen and elastin fibers. Did you ever play that game as a kid where you had a bunch of balls sitting on top of the sticks, and as you removed sticks the balls started to sort of fall through the network of sticks? Its kind of the same thing.

Over time UV radiation, alcohol, infection, poor diet all introduce oxidative stress that damages collagen. One of the big things is blood sugar. Glycation products cause cross-linking of collagen fibers which is whats directly responsible for wrinkles. But glycation products also inhibit fibroblasts which replace collagen and they activated the MMPs (matrix metalloproteinases) which break down collagen. Cumulatively it causes the skin to sag, thin, and form wrinkles over time.

Taking care of the skin and preventing this is a whole lifestyle commitment: avoiding sources of oxidative stress and glycation, lowering stress (cortisol thins the skin), and taking plenty of antioxidants, particularly to offset the effect of eating.

I'd say adequate hydration, lots of antioxidants, and controlling blood sugar, and managing stress are the most important things as you get older. Curcumin and quercetin are both good at lowering the MMPs. Of course, vitamin C and E. Because lipoic acid is fat soluble it is also good.

CS educated me on the silica aspect, and at one time he was recommending the choline stabilized form in Biosil.

As a last note, poor sleep will destroy your skin. I think everyone should get a sleep study once they are in their twenties if they have any sleep problem symptoms whatsoever. You could head off a lot of issues later in life.

god man, you are probably right about the oxidative stress. finasteride i know depletes glutathione and when i crash or get worse, that has to be happening. plus on top of that, all the bad food i was eating for a little while is probably adding up in my system on top of that. god damn..

what would you guys say is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat? i'm thinking liver? i need some of the most nutritious foods on the planet right now, my body is completely falling apart. i am incredibly scared and worried.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 am

of course you'll get through this..i feel your money problems, not much better on my side..relatively cheap but very healthy foods are:

-vegetables like celery (i highly recommend eating tons of this, gives huge boost to sex drive, it's what some pornstars inc peter north do.) i eat like 5 stalks a day, carrots, field salad. (cost 3€/2-3days)

- eggs, whenever i eat 5 scambled eggs i feel better the next day, i try to do it daily unsalted only eggs 1,30€/2days

-bananas, apples also very cheap 2€/days

-pumpkin seed, relatively cheap, super healthy esp for hair loss 2€/2days

meat, chicken and fish unfortunately are very expensive, luckily you can compensate this almost fully through eggs

..stay away from all, especially processed carbs except fruits.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 am

Totally second what you're saying AS54.

Things like Ecklonia Cava inhibit excessive MMP's (including MMP-1).

Lipoic acid (a must if you like junk like Moi), helps recycle those antioxidant enzymes.

Sulfur (the stuff will help produce essential amino acids to support collagen).

It's hard to "over do" silicon, I load up on it as much as I can. It's loaded in bone, it keeps one flexible.
It is the necessary material to build hydroxyproline, which is a potent antioxidant in skin.

Finasteride inhibits neurosteroids in the brain, which means (more anxiety and depression). It's only a matter of time until more negatives are discovered.

CF - During the night (I never take C with meals or near exercise), usually before bedtime, usually between 2 to 4 grams. Usually a few times per week.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:54 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Totally second what you're saying AS54.

Lipoic acid (a must if you like junk like Moi), helps recycle those antioxidant enzymes.

It's hard to "over do" silicon, I load up on it as much as I can. It's loaded in bone, it keeps one flexible.
It is the necessary material to build hydroxyproline, which is a potent antioxidant in skin.

Finasteride inhibits neurosteroids in the brain, which means (more anxiety and depression). It's only a matter of time until more negatives are discovered.

CF - During the night (I never take C with meals or near exercise), usually before bedtime, usually between 2 to 4 grams. Usually a few times per week.

okay i see. i will lay off everything i think for a bit until i get back to some kind of baseline and out of this hole i'm in right now.

do you think that a lack of omega 3's can cause this?  i was taking cod liver oil everyday for a while and then i stopped because i ran out.. but i'm wondering if it happened around the same time as i started declining? i wonder if the cod liver oil had some heavy metals in it or something that i could not get out? my face is almost shockingly white.. and the acne on my face is clear, my complexion is absolutely horrible. i cant believe i let myself get this bad.

also, is it possible for if your collagen disappears for it to come back again? like when they say it decreases as you age, does the production decrease as you age? or is it one of those things when you lose it, it doesnt come back again?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:46 am

Sanderson,

I'd say the anxiety you are feeling about your health is probably just as dangerous for you. Even if it is true your health isn't good right now, chronic fear about it will tank it hard. You've got to find a way to get right with where you are. Instead of being afraid, say to yourself, "Okay, I don't like where my health is at. I have some ideas on how to improve. But these ideas don't work overnight. It will take time. But I will get there if I follow my plan. I trust that I will get better even if that isn't tomorrow or the next day or even in a month." I don't mean say this as an affirmation or anything haha, I'm just illustrating that its important to not be in constant fear. Understand that this dis-ease is a state, it can change, and it will. You aren't going to just keel over and die (at least, not from your current condition) so approach tomorrow and the next day thinking not about where you are and how bad it is, but about where you want to be.

I'm not that "everything is positive and wonderful" kind of guy, really. I know how cheesy all of that sounds, but regardless of what you do, you've got to find a way to reduce the anxiety. Stress/anxiety is a murderer. The research on its physiological effects is astounding.

Have you been to a physician and had any hormone levels tested recently?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 am

AS54 wrote:Sanderson,

I'd say the anxiety you are feeling about your health is probably just as dangerous for you. Even if it is true your health isn't good right now, chronic fear about it will tank it hard. You've got to find a way to get right with where you are. Instead of being afraid, say to yourself, "Okay, I don't like where my health is at. I have some ideas on how to improve. But these ideas don't work overnight. It will take time. But I will get there if I follow my plan. I trust that I will get better even if that isn't tomorrow or the next day or even in a month." I don't mean say this as an affirmation or anything haha, I'm just illustrating that its important to not be in constant fear. Understand that this dis-ease is a state, it can change, and it will. You aren't going to just keel over and die (at least, not from your current condition) so approach tomorrow and the next day thinking not about where you are and how bad it is, but about where you want to be.

I'm not that "everything is positive and wonderful" kind of guy, really. I know how cheesy all of that sounds, but regardless of what you do, you've got to find a way to reduce the anxiety. Stress/anxiety is a murderer. The research on its physiological effects is astounding.

Have you been to a physician and had any hormone levels tested recently?

anthony, i agree with you man. but it is really shocking how different my face looks right now. i think i did my facial exercises too intensly or something and stretched my skin around my mouth. i pray to god it will go back to normal and some collagen will form on my face again. oh my god.

and i know, this stress is so bad, but this is hitting me like a ton of bricks right now. i feel like i was so delusional for a little while. i was wondering why people were acting differently towards me. i'm going to go to the library and get some books and read them to calm down because i am absolutely off my knockers right now.

i have been to a physican, but he basically said he doesnt know what can help me. i have been to so many doctors man, it is completely unreal the amount of doctors i have been to. i'll try to go soon though in light of this problem i am having now. do you think a big testosterone decrease can account for this? or a big estrogen increase can account for it? i think i have a big excess of estrogen recently because i have been feeling very emotional and shit lately. like really effected by my surroundings and all that, i have not been myself at all.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:56 pm

What exactly is going on with your face?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:00 pm

AS54 wrote:What exactly is going on with your face?

i don't know man, it's like it looks different than it did before. i think i am just freaking out from not eating healthy or something, but i do actually notice i have softer features. i think i was having a lack of protein in my diet because i just ate 3 pieces of chicken and i feel a little bit more calm and my throat is not as dry.

my face looks thinner. less fat on my face, but i checked my weight and i do seem to be at my normal weight. i think i have not been sleeping as much either. my color is very off. i am like a ghost white and i have acne all around, that must be part of why people are looking at me like not attractive.

it's almost like softer features. my face lost volume or something.

i think i just took too logn without eating healthy and i did too much cannabis oil or something. i am going to never let this happen again. dear god man. i feel a little better now, but jesus i was having a freakout moment for sure.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 pm

I know the feeling.

But those are classic avoidant patterns. I know them because I've felt them most of my life.

Trust me, I'm not saying that you are wrong, or that you don't truly believe people are looking at you oddly. You probably think that is very real. But you'd be amazed at how your brain can trick you into believing all sorts of things that aren't objectively true, when the real negativity is actually your own negative self-assessment. You could be projecting your own negative view of yourself onto others when they aren't really looking at you like that at all.

I've had moments where I've looked at myself and thought I was looking at a different person and just felt disgusted with myself. I am lucky to have some people in my life who don't deal with my bullshit and just call me out, explain to me that I look the same as I've looked for years.

Again, I can't say for sure this is what's going on with you. I'm just suggesting this as something to think about. Sleep on it and see if you still feel you look really different in the morning. Sleep is important and being an apnea sufferer, if I have a bad sleep night I can tell. I wake up with blue puffy circles underneath bloodshot eyes and a puffy face. Get a hard sleep and see if you feel the same in the morning. If you do, then perhaps you really are dealing with an issue that needs a doc's attention.

Typically your facial features won't change that drastically in a short period of time. Again, some puffiness, loss of color, pallor...these can change from day to day. But a sudden thinning out of the face that's enough to upset you that bad, that's something a professional needs to see. You mentioned your doctor said there is nothing he can do...did you ask him if he acknowledged there was a problem to begin with? I would be interested to know whether he recognized a problem at all. Sometimes when you go in to a doc and tell them your problem, they'll talk to you about it as if your self-diagnosis is truth without actually acknowledging (or denying) that they feel there is really a problem.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 pm

I've been taking copper (3 mg) for some time now and sometimes my face looks weird, especially around my eyes. I think I'll stop everything and let my body return to normal. A lot of these vitamins aren't doing shit anyway. That's the trouble with taking tons of stuff that your body isn't used to. Try stopping the copper for awhile and see what happens.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:52 pm

AS54 wrote:I know the feeling.

But those are classic avoidant patterns. I know them because I've felt them most of my life.

Trust me, I'm not saying that you are wrong, or that you don't truly believe people are looking at you oddly. You probably think that is very real. But you'd be amazed at how your brain can trick you into believing all sorts of things that aren't objectively true, when the real negativity is actually your own negative self-assessment. You could be projecting your own negative view of yourself onto others when they aren't really looking at you like that at all.

I've had moments where I've looked at myself and thought I was looking at a different person and just felt disgusted with myself. I am lucky to have some people in my life who don't deal with my bullshit and just call me out, explain to me that I look the same as I've looked for years.

Again, I can't say for sure this is what's going on with you. I'm just suggesting this as something to think about. Sleep on it and see if you still feel you look really different in the morning. Sleep is important and being an apnea sufferer, if I have a bad sleep night I can tell. I wake up with blue puffy circles underneath bloodshot eyes and a puffy face. Get a hard sleep and see if you feel the same in the morning. If you do, then perhaps you really are dealing with an issue that needs a doc's attention.

Typically your facial features won't change that drastically in a short period of time. Again, some puffiness, loss of color, pallor...these can change from day to day. But a sudden thinning out of the face that's enough to upset you that bad, that's something a professional needs to see. You mentioned your doctor said there is nothing he can do...did you ask him if he acknowledged there was a problem to begin with? I would be interested to know whether he recognized a problem at all. Sometimes when you go in to a doc and tell them your problem, they'll talk to you about it as if your self-diagnosis is truth without actually acknowledging (or denying) that they feel there is really a problem.

thanks for the long and thoughtful post. yeah i know you were there before, i remember you had the thread about buzzing your head. my hair has just been getting to a point where now it is pretty obvious what is happening. i've been doing manuals so i think i've been shooting the crap out of my hair lately. i wound up losing a girl recently and that's when i started looking into some old pictures and comparing myself to them and i was just shocked. i almost thought i was the same person. fin really shook me up a lot over the past couple of years.. moreso recently with buzzing the head. i realize i never looked good with buzzed hair and always had that good look with long baggy hair, so it's just one of those things i have to get used to.

my face is lacking the shiny look along with acne and thinning i think had me going crazy. that along with all the food senstivities left my face def. looking different than it used to be, but i think it is expected with the crap i had going through. i'm going to start taking gelatin 3x a day, i just realized i had some here.

i talked to my roommate today and he was like.. yeah you look the same as you have for a while now. he said your face isnt droopy if you think your collagen is gone so i DK what you are talking about. i notice subtle differences.. but i think the biggest is the thinning hair. i've decided i'm just going to go all out on brushing and dermarolling and if that doesnt work, then my priority is to fix fin problems which i almost did fix 100% and then if all else fails.. i'll just get a hair transplant in a year and a half when i finish school.

thanks anthony. always good to hear from ya man. i was in a dark, very weird place. girls + finasteride effects = recipe for disaster.  Rolling Eyes 

@shaftless yeah man.. i'm goign to drop everything except maybe magnesium and K2 or something. i'm not sure. i want to try to get 100% of my calories and get all vitamins from foods. i'll probably also take trace mineral drops. i'm also going to add in the good facial stuff like vit c serum and sunblock.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Totally second what you're saying AS54.

yes forgot about EC.. need to get that again. will make sure i get sulfur in as well. seriously.. FUCK FINSASTERIDE. CS, you ever do things to take care of your skin? have you considered trying the facial exercises? i'm almost worried to try them again, i feel like it stretches your face out too much and you have to keep doing them. i'd be worried it would do a lot of damage into my older age. i did some research and saw it can hurt collagen, not sure if that is true.

i'm going all out on increased collagen production now. i know i can't reverse anything too much, but i def. don't want to get worse. i am detertmined to fix fin effects now full force. i was almost there 100% a few weeks ago, but ran out of cash. will get there again in january.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:48 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

CS is there a specific reason for that ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next