Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Blood and heat? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Blood and heat? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Blood and heat? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Blood and heat? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Blood and heat? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Blood and heat? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Blood and heat? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Blood and heat? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Blood and heat? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Blood and heat?

5 posters

Go down

Blood and heat? Empty Blood and heat?

Post  Growdamnit Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Blood flow causes heat in the scalp. I have heard that blood flow is the answer to our problems, but heat causes many problems in our scalp. Can someone please elaborate what we should be doing? Get blood to the scalp or flush it out with cold showers?

Thanks.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Blood and heat? Empty Re: Blood and heat?

Post  Xenon Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I just got thinking about something... if scalp tissue was hypoxic, then wouldn't it generally be colder to the touch and more pale in appearance? (my temple skin is more pale in appearance, but have since learned that this could be related to a fungal infection). Wouldn't we suffer the sensation of pins and needles due to lack of blood to the nerves? My scalp is never cold (especially the temples), it is probably always warmer than the rest of my body. Just touching it determines the difference in temperature. It has cooled down a lot more, but it is still much warmer than other bodily tissues.

And on that note, heat causes vasodilation, so shouldn't bloodflow to capillaries be more efficient in that respect?

This is a very confusing issue because on one level you would think that the tighter tissue of the scalp would inhibit bloodflow, yet the fact that heat is released in large quantities from the scalp would suggest increased bloodflow.

The issue of hyperoxemia takes us back to reactive oxygen species:

"Excess oxygen administration is thought to damage tissue through the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS). These oxygen-containing molecules that form covalent bonds with other molecules through their unpaired electrons are produced by the mitochondria during oxidative phosphorylation and serve a number of important biological functions. In excessive concentrations, ROS-mediated oxidative stress can lead to cellular necrosis or apoptosis."

So... could it simply be that these areas of skin have been purposely designed to release more heat, produce more sweat, so that venous blood can be cooled to regulate brain temperature faster?
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:25 am

It's very confusing. But it is already well established that hypoxia is induced when the scalp becomes tight & hypoxia is reduced/eliminated when it isn't... resukting in lowered DHT production/accumilation and of course, REGROWTH. Can't argue with that fact.

Xenon: Just like Mastery, you don't seem to hav much of e a severe case like the rest of the people seem to have on here. I actually let my case get as bad as it did before i chose to counteract it so I can confirm the validity in all of these manual techniques that induce blood flow. The thing is, im pretty sure the temples and crown don't get as much blood supply as the rest of the scalp gets.... So I think once blood flow is disrupted those parts are the first to suffer. I also believe your head shape can also determine what parts of the scalp you will start balding in first, too. The fact that you and Mastery don't have severe cases shows why you guys haven't experienced the infamous "pins and needles feeling" or numbness like most people on here do/have. At the beginning of all of this, I had lots of feeling in my scalp.... But after purposely letting my scalp get tight on me i discovered that i started to experience a lot less feeling as well as the pins and needles feeling you're talking about. Several other people with advanced cases feel it too. Just try letting your scalp get extemeley tight on you and you'll see what I mean. ( (IM KIDDING! Don't do that!) Ha

But yea.... Even though blood flow is disrupted there is still blood flowing through all areas of the scalp or else our skin would be blue..... This is why people say the blood supply to the follicles is disrupted, not cut off. I believe (from my experience at least) that as the scalp gets tighter, and blood flow becomes more disrupted, you will experience less feeling/increased itching/pins and needles feeling etc. etc. etc. When thus issue is successfully counteracted/reversed, and your scalp gets looser, you won't feel that the blood is "rushing" to the scalp as much as it did when you barely had blood flowing through most of the scalp.

The heat is something to look into though.

PS: Xenon, can you bump the other thread where you mentioned your experience from refraining from masturbation? I wanted to respond but I can't find it. Thanks a lot if you can.

Complexx
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:01 am

Complexx, that's interesting how you are looking at the blood flow disruption. In another thread I was kind of trying to paint a picture of how I think the loss of subcutaenous fat might be the cause of this issue.

Imagine you had a hose lying on the floor that was constantly pumping water through it. But that hose was running through a rubbery pad that was supporting a heavy object on top. Imagine that that rubbery pad slowly started to disappear. Over time you'd start to see the hose get compressed between the object above it and the floor, sort of deflating it. This is what I'm imagining in the scalp, although I don't have proof, I just think its an interesting concept. That the subcutaenous fat pad might deteriorate and leave the arterial supply sort of compressed between the dermis and the galea. Now I'm not sure this type of compression would be enough to impinge the blood supply, perhaps just enough. For me, its more of a concern what this kind of abrasion and sort of torsional strain would have the arteries themselves. It would be enough to create inflammation and a sort of drying out of the endothelium...it would just propagate itself and get worse over time. Any immune cell recruitment would put those immune cells directly in the presence of the deeper part of the hair follicle, and maybe thats the reason we see this "sea" of immune cells we do with balding. It looks like hair follicles in a pool of immune cells.

If we replaced the cushion and distracted the immune system, I almost wonder if we could regrow hair. I don't know if it would require some other type of growth factor or not.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:07 am

You make some great points there, Complexx. I was never aware that the tight galea crew felt these pins and needles / numbness. I suppose I've never felt this because - as you pointed out - my hairloss is not that severe, nor is my scalp that tight.

You know? I might abandon hairloss research and start building a time machine. I'd have a better fucking chance succeeding at the latter.

BTW here's that thread you asked for: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t9579p15-white-patches-of-skin-where-hairline-has-receded
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:05 am

AS54 wrote:Complexx, that's interesting how you are looking at the blood flow disruption. In another thread I was kind of trying to paint a picture of how I think the loss of subcutaenous fat might be the cause of this issue.

Imagine you had a hose lying on the floor that was constantly pumping water through it. But that hose was running through a rubbery pad that was supporting a heavy object on top. Imagine that that rubbery pad slowly started to disappear. Over time you'd start to see the hose get compressed between the object above it and the floor, sort of deflating it. This is what I'm imagining in the scalp, although I don't have proof, I just think its an interesting concept. That the subcutaenous fat pad might deteriorate and leave the arterial supply sort of compressed between the dermis and the galea. Now I'm not sure this type of compression would be enough to impinge the blood supply, perhaps just enough. For me, its more of a concern what this kind of abrasion and sort of torsional strain would have the arteries themselves. It would be enough to create inflammation and a sort of drying out of the endothelium...it would just propagate itself and get worse over time. Any immune cell recruitment would put those immune cells directly in the presence of the deeper part of the hair follicle, and maybe thats the reason we see this "sea" of immune cells we do with balding. It looks like hair follicles in a pool of immune cells.

If we replaced the cushion and distracted the immune system, I almost wonder if we could regrow hair. I don't know if it would require some other type of growth factor or not.
Yes, one quick route to this that I visioned once was a surgery that loosened the scalp by adding skin between an incision.. I dont know how that really sounds from a surgical or medical stand point, but it would be the fastest way I could think of that keeps the scalp consistently looser (to where the entire scalp is spongy, rather than like a tight sheet pulled over a bone) so that the fat tissue could rebuild and re situate itself assuming all other variables are dealt with, fibrosis being one.. Significantly improved micro circulation and hair growth, & heat stress issues in scalp would likely vanish, thus additional inflammatory markers, and fibrosis would not be getting laid since the immune system would not need to give attention to the area..

Complex, I agree, and that is my experience, which is why I dont emphasis manuals. If you are holding a normal blood flow rate in the scalp, things like brushing and scalp massage will not feel as dramatic to you as it would to someone with subnormal blood flow levels, though doing them anyways is still useful; but to a smaller degree than internal efforts...

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:17 pm

How do you guys suggest we get more subcutaneous fat underneath our scalp?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down