Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Circulation and vertex thinning  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Circulation and vertex thinning

+3
Nuuu_Dx
takingaction
Southside
7 posters

Go down

Circulation and vertex thinning  Empty Circulation and vertex thinning

Post  Southside Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:18 am

I found this site while researching thyroid health because I show a few of those symptoms: cold hands/feet, tired most of the time, cold body temperatures, sensitive to cold weather (and hot) and of course increased hair loss along with a change in hair texture.
So this morning I went to the doctor office to have some tests taken. I am going back in a couple of days when the results come back from the lab.  
He could see the hemoglobin levels immediately though, and it got me thinking.

He told me the reference range is 130-170 g/l and that my number was 176. He asked if I was a heavy smoker or if I had been at a high altitude lately and I have not, nor do I ever smoke. He didn't seem to concerned with it even though he told me that my blood pressure was a bit high as well.
The nurse also commented that my blood had a thick consistency and looked dark dark in color. She even had to massage my arm in order to fill up the vial.

I did some reading and it seems my blood could be poorly oxygenated. Is this true and is this a problem?

It could correlate with some other things as well: even though I was a decent athlete during my teens I never really had any great stamina, I have noticed my heart beats really powerfully (not irregularly), by default my breaths are very shallow and the last five years I haven't really been working out regularly; now even when I just play around with friends I get winded. Could this also play a role in the fact that my eyes are blood shot most of the time and i see large veins in them?  

Just as I was leaving he noted that it could have something to do with being dehydrated as well. This stood out as I have noticed that I can't seem to retain water at all. Some days it seems that I piss out double the amount of water I take in. I tried experimenting with it a few time; drinking almost a gallon a day. I went to the bathroom probably 10-15 times those days.
Is this a problem, does it relate to the blood test and what should I do?

Lastly, could this poorly oxygenated blood/bad circulation play a role in the fact that my hair seems to be thinning more in the vertex area than anywhere else (hairline hasn't changed)? I think I read that the vertex is more sensitive to poor circulation than other areas, not sure though.

I am a 25 year old, slim/athletic built guy by the way

Thanks guys!

Southside

Back to top Go down

Circulation and vertex thinning  Empty Re: Circulation and vertex thinning

Post  takingaction Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:34 am

Look up dysautonomia. Extremities are more prone to poor circulation, though I'm unsure if dysautonomia could directly affect hemoglobin.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:27 am

I also think there is something in this, I think vertex thinning is a different animal than hairline, I often wonder if my hairloss isnt mpb at all, just a maturing hairline and vertex thinning caused by poor lifestyle. I smoke, dont excersise and had a poor diet which I changed about a year ago. I think this way because although I see many people my age with slightly receeded hairline, I rarely see any with vertex thinning, im only mid twentys and I dont believe a man should have tinning vertex until much later on.

Also another thing that I base my theory on is that my vertex has thinned much more rapidly than hairline has receeded, plus the only other people my age who I notice have vertex thinning are out of shape 'neckbeard' types.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Lead poisoning. How is your thyroid?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:29 pm

moby wrote:Lead poisoning. How is your thyroid?
Yeah I agree with the thyroid issue. I always had cold hands also.. even as bad as them turning different colors from no blood going there. I def. noticed increased blood flow as soon as I started using iodine. Iodine is tricky though.. you really have to do your research. Iodine actually has upped my hair loss I think, but I have been doing low dose lately (just one drop of iosol) and I think it does pretty well as I ramp my way up and make sure I take co factors.

Regarding high iron.. I'm pretty sure you can donate blood and that will take care of that issue.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:33 pm

sanderson wrote:
Yeah I agree with the thyroid issue. I always had cold hands also.. even as bad as them turning different colors from no blood going there. I def. noticed increased blood flow as soon as I started using iodine. Iodine is tricky though.. you really have to do your research. Iodine actually has upped my hair loss I think, but I have been doing low dose lately (just one drop of iosol) and I think it does pretty well as I ramp my way up and make sure I take co factors.

Regarding high iron.. I'm pretty sure you can donate blood and that will take care of that issue.
Your hair loss is being aggravated by iodine cause it simply binds to hair follicles and the body has a difficult
time to detox it from there.

If you dont believe me just do a hair analysis and you will find high levels of iodine there.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  Southside Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm not sure about the thyroid to be honest. I thought that I might be a bit hypo at first but I don't know anymore. I think my metabolism is quite fast because I can't seem to put on weight that easily but I have no problem loosing it and I'm hungry more often than not. The only place i seem to store fat is around my butt and lower abdomen otherwise I'm very "fit"/skinny.
Isn't this controlled by the thyroid? It almost seems I have more of the Hyperthyroidism symptoms when checking wikipedia.

The one thing that does still bug me, is the fact that my body temperature is consistently low. Low to mid 96 is where I'm at most of the times I've checked it.

I don't know Moby, how does one get lead into their body? I have thought about iron, copper and mercury possibly being too high. I show some signs of mercury overload: excessive sweating, increased mucus/saliva and a very white coated tongue every morning, bloodshot/irritable eyes and facial redness, excessive urination, short term memory problems and bad sleep.

But I haven't had any dental amalgam fillings in my life. The factors I can remember that may play a part are:

- Both parents had dental fillings when i was conceived
- I have been vaccinated a few times (the usual suspects, I believe: measles, tetanus, rubella, mumps, Diphtheria, polio etc)
- I had braces for about a year and a half
- I love fish and always ate a lot of it. A couple times a week since I can remember
- I went through a time when I was bulking a couple of years ago where I ate on average 5 cans of tuna a week. This went on for 4-5 months before I found out that wasn't a good idea.

I just thought that it would automatically leave your body after some time but could it be that I have too much mercury beacuse of this?

Southside

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 pm

panoslydios wrote:
sanderson wrote:

Your hair loss is being aggravated by iodine cause it simply binds to hair follicles and the body has a difficult

If you dont believe me just do a hair analysis and you will find high levels of iodine there.
Totally inaccurate about iodine.

Hair analysis is not an accurate way to detect iodine sufficiency or excess

And here's a nice "new" nugget of information about vitamins:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/26/vitamin-supplement-benefits.aspx

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:20 am

>> The one thing that does still bug me, is the fact that my body temperature is consistently low. Low to mid 96 is where I'm at most of the times I've checked it.

Yes, you probably have hypothyroidism based on that.

>> I don't know Moby, how does one get lead into their body? I have thought about iron, copper and mercury possibly being too high. I show some signs of mercury overload: excessive sweating, increased mucus/saliva and a very white coated tongue every morning, bloodshot/irritable eyes and facial redness, excessive urination, short term memory problems and bad sleep.

Antibiotics, vaccines, toxic environment in general. Excessive sweating and white coated tongue(candida) are mercury toxicity symptoms. Get yourself tested.

>> I just thought that it would automatically leave your body after some time but could it be that I have too much mercury beacuse of this?

Some people are not that efficient at eliminating heavy metals. Mercury/Lead makes someone more prone to heavy metals by messing up your heavy metal elimination system which invites even more heavy metals which mess up your functions even more.

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:28 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
panoslydios wrote:
sanderson wrote:

Totally inaccurate about iodine.

Hair analysis is not an accurate way to detect iodine sufficiency or excess

And here's a nice "new" nugget of information about vitamins:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/26/vitamin-supplement-benefits.aspx

Its an accurate way to detect poisoning Wink

Once again: EVERYTHING THAT THE BODY HAS DIFFICULT TIME TO DETOX IS POISON!
Its all about keeping the body clean.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down