Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Vertex Thread EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Vertex Thread EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Vertex Thread EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vertex Thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Vertex Thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vertex Thread EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Vertex Thread EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vertex Thread EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vertex Thread EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vertex Thread

+6
elan164
zanza
CausticSymmetry
tooyoung
Joey
Yanks
10 posters

Go down

Vertex Thread Empty Vertex Thread

Post  Yanks Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Is there a thread out there geared specifically towards vertex thinning? If so can someone point me towards it because I haven't seen it. There are only 2 I found that don't have much discussion.

If not, let's make this the one!

I started noticing thinning on my crown when I was 19. It's probably my biggest concern. Even more so than general thinning. The link to heart disease scares me too. I've started thinking lately that the main treatment for the crown should be things to increase blood flow to that area and better all around circulation and heart function. Things like ubiquinol, EC, cayenne, and NO producers.

Is there any concret evidence of things that work particuarly for the crown/vertex? Has anyone had any success? Does anyone have any ideas??
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Vertex Thread Empty Re: Vertex Thread

Post  Joey Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:42 am

Although I am thinning all over, the vertex has thinned out the most and really looking for something which I can use to specifically target that area. They do say it easier to grow hair on the vertex than other parts, how much truth there is in that, I don't know. My vertex seems to be on a gradual decline Sad

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:57 am

How does vertex thinning link to heart disease?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:53 am

Any news in this area? The link between heart disease and crown thinning as well as the relative ease of treating heart disease (with intense diet changes and supplements) implies that crown thinning should e relatively easy to stop and possibly reverse to a degree, but that has not been my or most people's experience.

What's the best way to tackle this?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:00 am

I'm on the look out for a topical to target this area but looking around, apart from anything minox based there doesn't seem to much out there that people have had any kind of posiive results. Might get back on zix and see how things go.

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 am

Just to add, users on other forums are reporting growth with a cream that contains miconazole. Don't know if this is worth looking into or not

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Both front and vertex hair loss is cardiovascular related.

Vertex can be difficult in theory due to calcification. If not calcification, then at least coagulation problems or poor oxygen transport to the vertex surface area.

Potassium channel openers (natural). Magnesium, and test out topical potassium chloride (rub on scalp during shampoo) in shower.

Take a decalcification supplement (such as something containing MK-7, Magnesium, Boron, D3, etc.). Note that this site will be offering such as supplement in the very near future.

What is paramount is to normalize glucose metabolism. This is the cornerstone of en endocrine system that is driving in the forward direction. Hair loss is a consequence of reverse endocrine direction, such as other degenerate diseases.

Thyroid function is linked to this which is a large determinate of cardiovascular function.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Yanks talks of a "relative ease" to preventing heart disease with diet and supps. Can diet alone prevent it? What supps help it?

CS - How do you normalise glucose metabolism?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  zanza Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 pm

tooyoung wrote:CS - How do you normalise glucose metabolism?

+1

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Bump.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:19 am

Bump.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am

Try searching the heart threads that CS responded on. I can't remember everything, but with a strict diet and good supplement regimine CS said that in relation to hair loss clogged arteries are much easier to treat. I'll try to track it down too...
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Raw yogurt is good for cardiovascular.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanas Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:01 am

read this -

http://www.nutritiondynamics.com/nutrinews/marchapril/

Nanas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Has there been any further research or developments on improving the vertex? I am taking the full IH regimen as well as magnesium, K-2, Silica Complex and GTF Chromium.

My dad had thinning vertex and went through a couple of hair transplants. He has thinned badly in his old age (early 70's). He also had mega high cholesterol levels too and some years back had heart valve replacement surgery. Not sure if that relates or not?

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 am

The vertex is a particularly tight region of the scalp because of skull bone growth. If the skull bones are overgrown around the vertex, then it's likely that the tissue would be more tighter, too. I have a friend who has overgrown vertex bones which continue to the crown, when he started going bald, there was no hair line recession per se - just diffuse thinning where the skull bones have overgrown.

I'd also say that pillow compression plays a very significant part in choking off blood to the vertex albeit being more prominent around the temples because the temples take the weight of the head and the pillow is usually more firmly pressed against the temples (during sleep) than it is the vertex. Still... the pillow does make some contact with the vertex and still does cause compression to capillaries.

My 6 month old niece has a huge bald patch at the crown because she is positioned with her crown rested against a pillow a great deal of the time. Similarly so, if I have my hands pressing against my scalp during crunch exercises I'll always experience some thinning some time later.

Anywhere within the galea is susceptible to hairloss because there is little fat there and no muscles - like there is in the lower back and sides of the head. Adipose tissue and muscles act as a form of cushioning to prevent capillaries suffering from compression and to prevent the disruption of bloodflow. Because the galea lacks this cushioning, capillaries readily compress against solid skull bones, bloodflow and oxygen is disrupted, which then causes increased acidity / slow waste removal (lymph drainage). This then causes heightened inflammation and hair loss.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Tue May 06, 2014 10:52 pm

What are the main supplements to focus on with the vertex? What are the main causes for vertex thinning?

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:06 pm

I wanted to bump this thread please. Any updates on vertex thinners? What key supplements do people take that show some success?
Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Bump again...

Would really welcome some thoughts, discussion and insight on this topic. I am a vertex thinner and still trying to win the fight.

Here is what I am doing so far;

I take full IH supplement range from Iherb as well as, Magnesium, Scute, Boron and MSM. I am currently taking some high doses of MSM powder (mixed with water) and will taper the dosage back in time.

I am dermarolling and have been doing this for about 4 weeks now. Once a week with a 1.5mm needle roller (as per the pubmed trial). Boy does this hurt! I get tears in my eyes and my nose runs. I spend about 10 minutes dermarolling on scalp as well as face and neck. Skin becomes very pink and I do get some minor bleeding on the scalp, just little blood spots kind of all over.

I am also doing some scalp massage to stretch the scalp a little. Scalp does not seem to be that tight to be honest, but I will do the scalp exercises anyway.

I plan to do this for the long haul, a year at least before I reassess progress.

I would really welcome any input on whether I am doing all that I can.

I have been on the IH regimen for 2-3 years now and my health is great. I am 6 months off turning 40 and are probably close to Frank Zane's physical dimensions at his peak (but not as ripped). I guess that I am maybe at about 15% bodyfat? I eat clean, do not smoke, no drugs, no steroids, and hardly touch alcohol. Before I got on the IH regimen, I was slightly overweight (about 10-15lbs - roughly 25% bodyfat) and battled chronic dandruff, reflux and rosacea. Dandruff, reflux and rosacea are all gone now.

With my vertex situation, there has to be something missing... I am at a loss on what it could be.

Would really welcome any advice, comments or help.

THANKS in advance!

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:54 am

2-300 strokes a day with a stiff boar bristle brush thickened mine up
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:59 am

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

I am doing scalp massage (intermittently) and derma-rolling with 1.5 needle roller once a week (as per the pub med study). Scalp has been a little itchy lately, but I am guessing this is because of scalp healing.

Any other thoughts and opinions are very welcome.

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:05 pm

It definitely appears to be a diffuse type thinning on my vertex.

I thought I had it under control, but wondered if something has gone a miss. I am taking the full IH supplement range + some. I am starting to place a very heavy emphasis on minerals now and will see how it goes.

6 months should be a good marker to see if there is any improvement, should it not?

As discussed, I would really welcome some discussion on this. Natural is the route I am taking with no chemicals. I have even backed right off on the amount of hair spray.

Thanks and I look forward to some good discussion and experiences.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:57 am

Bump... Nobody has any thoughts or opinions?

I am trying to throw everything at my diffuser thinning and really want to make sure that I am on the right path.

I am doing about 10 drops of iodine twice a day
Taking full IH range of supplements
Diet is clean
I lift weights, so I am relatively lean (probably about 13% body fat)
I am taking scute
I am dermarolling once a week with a 1.5mm needle roller (as per pubmed study)
I take MSM - about 8-12mg per day
I also take copper and Boron and Magnesium

I only started dermarolling in December, so it is too early to assess this aspect.

I got back on MSM after a couple of months of being off it.

I have only been taking scute since December.

I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything?

Only other thing I can think of is my intense and high-volume workouts and taking creatine (again) has caused an issue? Maybe I have flogged my body too hard and it is... I don't know, in distress? I was working out 5 days a week for a while, twice a day with half hour sessions in the am and pm. I have backed this off a bit now being that I have reached most of my goals with physique. No steroids ever taken.

My scalp gits a little itchy these days, but I wonder if this is from the scalp healing from the dermarolling? No dandruff or anything like that.

Any thoughts, opinions and comments would be truly gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:44 pm

BUMP (again)

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down