Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole

Go down

Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole  Empty Itching halted with omega 3 / 6 > 1 and ketoconazole

Post  nextstep Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 am

Hi all,

I've been reading Immortal Hair for quite some time now, but I just registered to report about my progress, since I think it might be of interest to everyone here. I'd also like to ask some questions.

I'm 29 and IMHO I have (mild) AGA. Two dermatologists have also confirmed this, although I think they tend to over-diagnose. My dad had decent but thin hair till his 60s, when he also experienced prostate problems.

My hair looks totally cool for the moment, though. It's long, full and nice. I have a pretty straight hairline, although it's receded a tiny bit recently. But it's still really nice. Definitely NW 2. In fact, people think I'm much younger, around 20 or 22.

Nevertheless, I shed a lot of hair, and I seem to have less overall density than before. This is only noticeable when it is wet. A small area in the vertex is the only slightly worrying area for the moment.

Furthermore, my hair becomes extremely greasy after 24 hours. Especially in the vertex area, which is literally flooded with sebum. Itching has been continuous for more than 1.5 years now, and my scalp always looks red. In fact, I have developed horrible yellow scaly patches in many areas. And some permanent zits in the vertex. This became even worse when I moved to Copenhagen, where we have some mighty hard water.

I have tried many things, but very few have worked. I will only talk about what has worked to stop itching. Redness and sebum production are still there, but they're less acute:

1. I have implemented a very strict diet. My diet was already very clean (no wheat, sugars or fresh dairy), but itching was still horrible. I almost lost hope. I have increased carbohydrate intake (only from bananas, berries, sweet potatoes and regular ones) and banned all dairy. Besides, and I think this is the key point, I have an extremely strict omega 3 / omega 6 ratio now. I try to make it > 1 on most meals, and I have eliminated most omega 6 sources. I used to supplement, but it didn't work alone.

2. I wash my hair every other day with a very mild Eucerin shampoo, and apply Nizoral cream to my scalp vertex. I also did this before, but it didn't work alone either.

Two questions:

1. What food guidelines have reduced your sebum production?

2. I think topical Ketoconazole is a very safe and useful drug, and I will continue using it unless I find a good alternative. I have tried their shampoo, but it's really harsh due to SLS. Same with many Ciclopirox forumalas. Have you found any good (natural or synthetic) alternatives? I'd like something I can apply to my whole scalp. Cream is quite difficult to apply everywhere.

nextstep

Back to top Go down