Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation.

3 posters

Go down

Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. Empty Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation.

Post  CF Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:20 am

Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation.
Kandyba E, Leung Y, Chen YB, Widelitz R, Chuong CM, Kobielak K.
Eli and Edythe Broad CIRM Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University

Abstract
Hair follicles facilitate the study of stem cell behavior because stem cells in progressive activation stages, ordered within the follicle architecture, are capable of cyclic regeneration. To study the gene network governing the homeostasis of hair bulge stem cells, we developed a Keratin 15-driven genetic model to directly perturb molecular signaling in the stem cells. We visualize the behavior of these modified stem cells, evaluating their hair-regenerating ability and profile their molecular expression. Bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-inactivated stem cells exhibit molecular profiles resembling those of hair germs, yet still possess multipotentiality in vivo. These cells also exhibit up-regulation of Wnt7a, Wnt7b, and Wnt16 ligands and Frizzled (Fzd) 10 receptor. We demonstrate direct transcriptional modulation of the Wnt7a promoter. These results highlight a previously unknown intra-stem cell antagonistic competition, between BMP and Wnt signaling, to balance stem cell activity. Reduced BMP signaling and increased Wnt signaling tilts each stem cell toward a hair germ fate and, vice versa, based on a continuous scale dependent on the ratio of BMP/Wnt activity. This work reveals one more hierarchical layer regulating stem cell homeostasis beneath the stem cell-dermal papilla-based epithelial-mesenchymal interaction layer and the hair follicle-intradermal adipocyte-based tissue interaction layer. Although hierarchical layers are all based on BMP/Wnt signaling, the multilayered control ensures that all information is taken into consideration and allows hair stem cells to sum up the total activators/inhibitors involved in making the decision of activation.

CF

Back to top Go down

Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. Empty Re: Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation.

Post  AS54 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 am

Wnt signalling is incrediblyimportant to all of this. Good post, CF. This aspect of the process is probably the one I'm least familiar with but on some other forums there are some great threads by guys like ganster/boldy on the role of wnt signalling. I believe CS has some posts concerning this as well.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation. Empty Re: Competitive balance of intrabulge BMP/Wnt signaling reveals a robust gene network ruling stem cell homeostasis and cyclic activation.

Post  CF Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks anthony.  I was looking for something to increase WNT naturally but have not found anything other than the study about the Aconiti Ciliare Tuber extract where there's a table inside the publication with other natural substances that increase WNT, but I can't really afford to pay the 35 bucks to access it at the moment.  However in my prior post it says TGF-β2 antagonizes BNP.  And TGF-β2 is upregulated by 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and all trans retinoic acid.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:05 am

Yes, A and D have important signalling functions, and wasn't even aware of their relationship with wnt, only that they regulate the androgen response. Man this is turning into an interesting post. I like posts like these that kind of turn into spring boards for more research.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:50 am

Wish I was smarter so I could understand these studies better :/

CF wrote:However in my prior post it says TGF-β2 antagonizes BNP.  And TGF-β2 is upregulated by 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and all trans retinoic acid.

So D3 and Vit A are good in this scenario ya?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:05 am

Yep, both A and D are good in this scenario.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down