Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Wes Welker Hair Transplant

+9
TrueGround
lutz
CausticSymmetry
CF
AS54
unfortunate
rofl
runnerup
ngb
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 Empty Re: Wes Welker Hair Transplant

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 am

sanderson - You are referring to the "NO-ONO" cycle.

Ecklonia cava helps deal with peroxynitrate. Also in some user people, the enzyme
The enzyme ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) can be problematic if it's too low (it is necessary for
ammonia dumping) and also is important for hair growth.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:56 am

Slowmoe,

No need sir. Just found these. Incredibly interesting.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/72/4_Supplement/B8.abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21856910

It would appear as if the androgens, specifically DHT, attenuate the hypoxic condition. This is a very convincing pathway for local increase in DHT:Estradiol ratios.

It would also add weight to the cellular views of hypoxic stress, given that mitochondrial dysfunction or ROS-related stress is the cellular version of hypoxia.

This actually provides us two different factors for examining the cause of hypoxia: 1) blood flow/respiratory function and 2) mitochondrial function
1) obviously oxygen delivery relies on blood flow
2) without metabolism of that oxygen, it just an angry ROS floating around causing damage; the mitochondria must be functioning and have carbohydrate fuel in sufficient amounts to actually use the oxygen, otherwise despite having a sufficient amount of oxygen intercellularly, you are not using it to produce energy

For that reason, I think a manual-only approach might be ignoring half of the puzzle. Unless the machinery is using oxygen, it might as well not even be there to begin with.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16815102
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15896810

Mitochondrial dysfunction is considered genetic hypoxia. It has been shown to disrupt so many different pathways, and also disrupts protein unfolding, and induces heat shock proteins, which CS posted a study recently showing these to be elevated in hair loss. Ultimately, dysfunction at the level of the mitochondria could precipitate the decline in vascular health that leads to lowered blood flow, a vicious cycle.

For me this is absolutely key, and helps us tie up so many connections to hair loss that we have had trouble relating before, specifically it helps to explain the connection between blood sugar problems, high insulin, and hair loss. (diabetes and insulin resistance are essentially mitochondrial diseases, even pathogen induced insulin resistance is more than likely due to oxidative stress at the cellular level).

Last edited by anthonyspencer54 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:10 am; edited 2 times in total
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:07 am

http://www.surgicalneurologyint.com/article.asp?issn=2152-7806;year=2011;volume=2;issue=1;spage=178;epage=178;aulast=Kemp

Comprising five layers, the scalp is bound by the face anteriorly and the neck laterally and posteriorly.

---The skin is the first layer.
---The second layer is connective tissue, which is a thin layer of fat and fibrous tissue with a thickness of 4-7 mm.
---The third layer is the galea aponeurotica, which exists as a tough layer of dense fibrous tissue that extends between the frontalis and occipitalis muscles.
---Deep to these layers, the loose areolar connective tissue comprises collagen bundles and houses the major blood vessels of the scalp. This layer is laterally attached to the zygomatic arch and mastoid processes and posteriorly attached to the superior nuchal line. This layer provides the separation plane for surgical flaps and traumatic avulsions. [11] The final layer is the pericranium, which is the periosteum of the skull. This layer ends laterally with the origin of the temporalis fascia along the superior temporal line and provides nutrient supply to the bone

So if a person had varying degrees of muscle tension and weak loose connective tissue bloodflow could be significantly disturbed in the galea region....
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:20 am

Wes Welker Hair Transplant - Page 2 STR

The results of treatment in the clinical trial:

Excellent 15%
Lanugo (vellus hair) developed
back to strong terminal hair. Average thick
Hair grew back thicker than before. Compacted hair growth
themselves. complete on the head area

Good 25%
The effects described above occurred primarily at
on the edges of hair loss.

Partial improvement of 25%
The improvements described above occurred, but
with little regrowth.

No change 35%
There were no changes detected.

For the clinical study of 40 subjects, the system was used for a year daily for 2 hours
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:07 am

Slowmoe,

If androgen receptor activity and DHT production are up-regulated in hypoxic conditions, why on earth would you want one of those things choking off blood flow to your scalp for 2 hrs?

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am

TrueGround wrote:

Slowmoe,

If androgen receptor activity and DHT production are up-regulated in hypoxic conditions, why on earth would you want one of those things choking off blood flow to your scalp for 2 hrs?

It doesn't choke it off; it pulls the scalp muscles loose (stretches them) and makes the galea loose by pushing the skin toward the top center of your skull. The blood vessels where the device sits have a padding of hair, fat and muscle to keep them from getting restricted. When I wear mine, my inflammation goes down greatly and the following day my scalp seems to stay much looser.. Noticing big improvements in my vertex since using this, emu oil and violet ray
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:04 am

Hmmm..

Got a link to purchase that device?

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 am

TrueGround wrote:Hmmm..

Got a link to purchase that device?

http://www.ac-therapie.de/AC-Tension-Reliever.161.0.html

Use google translate...It is 500 euro I believe
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:06 am

SlowMoe wrote:
TrueGround wrote:

Slowmoe,

It doesn't choke it off; it pulls the scalp muscles loose (stretches them) and makes the galea loose by pushing the skin toward the top center of your skull. The blood vessels where the device sits have a padding of hair, fat and muscle to keep them from getting restricted. When I wear mine, my inflammation goes down greatly and the following day my scalp seems to stay much looser.. Noticing big improvements in my vertex since using this, emu oil and violet ray

did you purchase the one you linked to or is this the one you created yourself?

@CS, thanks for the tip on that enzyme reaction. i actually have l-orthinine and purchased it for ammonia detoxification so it makes sense from the name. i didn't know why it helps. i'll do some more research into that to see if i have a possible issue with it.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 pm

sanderson wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:
TrueGround wrote:

Slowmoe,

did you purchase the one you linked to or is this the one you created yourself?

I made my own
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:40 pm

SlowMoe wrote:http://www.surgicalneurologyint.com/article.asp?issn=2152-7806;year=2011;volume=2;issue=1;spage=178;epage=178;aulast=Kemp

Comprising five layers, the scalp is bound by the face anteriorly and the neck laterally and posteriorly.

---The skin is the first layer.
---The second layer is connective tissue, which is a thin layer of fat and fibrous tissue with a thickness of 4-7 mm.
---The third layer is the galea aponeurotica, which exists as a tough layer of dense fibrous tissue that extends between the frontalis and occipitalis muscles.  
---Deep to these layers, the loose areolar connective tissue comprises collagen bundles and houses the major blood vessels of the scalp. This layer is laterally attached to the zygomatic arch and mastoid processes and posteriorly attached to the superior nuchal line. This layer provides the separation plane for surgical flaps and traumatic avulsions. [11] The final layer is the pericranium, which is the periosteum of the skull. This layer ends laterally with the origin of the temporalis fascia along the superior temporal line and provides nutrient supply to the bone

So if a person had varying degrees of muscle tension and weak loose connective tissue bloodflow could be significantly disturbed in the galea region....

That's mostly Latin to me. I just want to interject that there's no evidence that people with connective tissue disorders are more prone to hair loss than normal individuals. Not that I'm closed to the idea of low-level hypoxia being involved in alopecia.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:45 am

Optimal fitness doesn't always equal optimal health.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2