Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyYesterday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol

+4
Zaphod
hadrion
MikeBison
sanderson
8 posters

Go down

Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol Empty Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol

Post  sanderson Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey All,

So I've been having a lot of success with iodine lately and a new diet I am following. My hair loss has basically been REALLY lowered massively on top of my head. I pray to god I get regrowth. I think it's totally possible. I will be happy though if it just stops and I can rock the long hair.

But I've noticed something since I've started iodine recently. I tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything. My hair is actually falling out on the sides of my head and getting itchy almost there instead of on top of my head. It seems like its more susceptible under the temple region.

(this is not me, just a random pic off google for demonstration)

Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol DW9k7es

I don't care about the back of the head, I'm more worried under the temple region because it's more of a sign of baldness if you don't have hair in that area, but it's really strange.

Itching slowed a lot on top.. but now it's on the sides? I'm thinking maybe it's a temporary, or maybe shows a true cause of this being related to the thyroid in my case?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol Empty Re: Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol

Post  MikeBison Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:15 am

Dude, why are you here?

edit: ok, my bad, it's not your picture.

From my research thinning hair on sides of the head is thryoid related, what form of iodine and what dosage are you taking? Are you taking selenium? I ask what iodine form of iodine because I read some posts on curezone that men can do better on just iodiDe.

Last edited by MikeBison on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol Empty Re: Iodine Causing Hair Loss On Sides Of Head Instead Of On Top ? Lol

Post  hadrion Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 am

MikeBison wrote:Dude, why are you here?

That's not his picture. Read his post.

As for the thinning/itching moving to the sides that's kind of odd. What diet are you following? I've been using iodine and the co-factors you should be taking with it for years and never had that happen.

Have you had your thyroid levels checked before starting iodine? If this continues, I would get them assessed and then do a consult with CS/IH if you can.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:34 am

does anyone have any ideas on this? this is continuing to happen
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:18 pm

sanderson wrote:does anyone have any ideas on this? this is continuing to happen

sanderson, i dont have any particular advice that would think about it as very appropriate, but maybe you are fortunate and can relate to something coded by following words:

If the itch has moved from original area to another, or just the inflammation -  maybe you made it move by applying the topical -iodine. Iodine work very good ime, and when i still had an itch, it migrated all over the scalp, before dissappeared. It's quite common that infection migrates once attacked locally. Research on topical treatments for the fungal nails or jock itch by topicals - has prove this many times. Place is different, infection stays.

Saying this, really questions where did you apply your iodine. If not covered whole scalp this can be your issue. For the same reason (I have experiences with topicals for psoriasis on my friend), i dont think topicals or externals are very good method of approaching it, since by migrating infection, there is no chance knowing if you haven't move it in to the brain, or so... Another thing i wish to mention about topical iodine is, that it's effects dont last usually very long time, and you have to apply it again and again. Sometimes a few days of pause is prefered, sometimes the pause returned the symptoms - itch. It's really not very deterministic, imo. I prefer stronger solutions if you are using lugol's.

Better would be to take it high dose internally, with help with other immune - modulators. Thyroid there being like an old record, getting your cellular health be better, and this will decrease your pathogenic load, specially bacterial. If having adequate antioxidant status, your viral load will be very low. If working your health for the liver and gut, bacterial load will be in more friendly manner. If you have fungal issues, and if this is what your itch is about, maybe it's a good advice to thinking about more oxygenation of the tissue. That said - IR sauna, hyperbaric oxygen treatment, ozone, or maybe just adequate exercises to achieve increased perspiration and heart rate are options, while proving good environment for recovery afterwards.

I think when the ''basics'' are covered, the itch will be next to zero. Of course special diet can speed the things up, and help your individuality while addressing individual ''metabolic syndrome'' via glycation, management of inflamation producing foods,  or just improving your nutritional profile. But finding the source of problems, may it be metals, BPA, low adrenal output, tooth infection or a leaky gut,..., might make a difference.

For the oxygenation, there is also an emotional and sleep component. One can keep fight or flight by feeding his adrenal exaustion by social emotional stress, big ''in the zone'' adrenal challenge as computer games, fighting a dead line, or just worries about the future. In all cases breathing will be impaired and relax zone being lost. This said, i believe also meditation can help  beside doing on overall stress resistance management. Improving sleep via protocol that keeps your pineal gland output (p5p, iodine, K2), and melatonin excretion by also electrical environment managements, means you can make better progress.

It's more about incorporating more things that makes you stronger, while managing what's out of reach. It's about incorporating this AND that, AND this, while in life we usually get this OR that as an real option.

For example, working 10h a day in an office with artificial lightning, EMFs, bad air, stress triggered by the job, lack of movement, bad access to foods, and you are nearly in check mate position, if not working very strategically on it to incorporate more (ANDs). No supp can repair the amount of damage we can do on ourselves on a daily basis. Few posts ago i reported about food poisoning. I still dont know how the hell i allowed that to happen, but i'm happy i did, since i had an opportunity to rethink some stuff for a better, more aware future.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:38 am

Beebrox wrote:
sanderson wrote:does anyone have any ideas on this? this is continuing to happen

sanderson, i dont have any particular advice that would think about it as very appropriate, but maybe you are fortunate and can relate to something coded by following words:

If the itch has moved from original area to another, or just the inflammation -  maybe you made it move by applying the topical -iodine. Iodine work very good ime, and when i still had an itch, it migrated all over the scalp, before dissappeared. It's quite common that infection migrates once attacked locally. Research on topical treatments for the fungal nails or jock itch by topicals - has prove this many times. Place is different, infection stays.

Saying this, really questions where did you apply your iodine. If not covered whole scalp this can be your issue. For the same reason (I have experiences with topicals for psoriasis on my friend), i dont think topicals or externals are very good method of approaching it, since by migrating infection, there is no chance knowing if you haven't move it in to the brain, or so... Another thing i wish to mention about topical iodine is, that it's effects dont last usually very long time, and you have to apply it again and again. Sometimes a few days of pause is prefered, sometimes the pause returned the symptoms - itch. It's really not very deterministic, imo. I prefer stronger solutions if you are using lugol's.

Better would be to take it high dose internally, with help with other immune - modulators. Thyroid there being like an old record, getting your cellular health be better, and this will decrease your pathogenic load, specially bacterial. If having adequate antioxidant status, your viral load will be very low. If working your health for the liver and gut, bacterial load will be in more friendly manner. If you have fungal issues, and if this is what your itch is about, maybe it's a good advice to thinking about more oxygenation of the tissue. That said - IR sauna, hyperbaric oxygen treatment, ozone, or maybe just adequate exercises to achieve increased perspiration and heart rate are options, while proving good environment for recovery afterwards.

I think when the ''basics'' are covered, the itch will be next to zero. Of course special diet can speed the things up, and help your individuality while addressing individual ''metabolic syndrome'' via glycation, management of inflamation producing foods,  or just improving your nutritional profile. But finding the source of problems, may it be metals, BPA, low adrenal output, tooth infection or a leaky gut,..., might make a difference.

For the oxygenation, there is also an emotional and sleep component. One can keep fight or flight by feeding his adrenal exaustion by social emotional stress, big ''in the zone'' adrenal challenge as computer games, fighting a dead line, or just worries about the future. In all cases breathing will be impaired and relax zone being lost. This said, i believe also meditation can help  beside doing on overall stress resistance management. Improving sleep via protocol that keeps your pineal gland output (p5p, iodine, K2), and melatonin excretion by also electrical environment managements, means you can make better progress.

It's more about incorporating more things that makes you stronger, while managing what's out of reach. It's about incorporating this AND that, AND this, while in life we usually get this OR that as an real option.

For example, working 10h a day in an office with artificial lightning, EMFs, bad air, stress triggered by the job, lack of movement, bad access to foods, and you are nearly in check mate position, if not working very strategically on it to incorporate more (ANDs). No supp can repair the amount of damage we can do on ourselves on a daily basis. Few posts ago i reported about food poisoning. I still dont know how the hell i allowed that to happen, but i'm happy i did, since i had an opportunity to rethink some stuff for a better, more aware future.

thanks. i was doing it internally, but ever since this time, my hair loss has changed or has been increased by shedding on the sides in addition to the top.

yes, there are many factors. fact of the matter is my regimen is non existant right now. i'm taking a brain supplement, probiotics, vit D, and one other minor thing, but i think a more full regimen, which is what you are saying, would be a good start. i really need to look into some of what you are saying, i like the suana idea.

thanks man.

i was hoping someone would have some solid idea of why hair loss is lost on the sides, but the overall mystery all together seems really confusing for baldness in general no matter where. but what you are saying are my best options now. grr.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  danielpeng Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 pm

OK, I guess I also ingested to much Iodine now.

danielpeng

http://www.foodchemadditives.com/products/d-biotin

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 am

Sounds like hypothyroidism caused by the iodine.

Here's an example of hypothyroid hair loss (before/after pictures on pages 1254 and 1257).

I would stop the iodine.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:46 am

Iodine doesn't cause myxedema. Would look at other factors. Selenium is necessary when taking higher doses of iodine.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:35 pm

i havent taken iodine in a couple of months now, but i continue to experience side of head itch from time to time. how to cure myxedema?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 pm

crincrin wrote:Sounds like hypothyroidism caused by the iodine.

Here's an example of hypothyroid hair loss (before/after pictures on pages 1254 and 1257).

I would stop the iodine.

How do you view the pictures?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:09 pm

sanderson wrote:i havent taken iodine in a couple of months now, but i continue to experience side of head itch from time to time. how to cure myxedema?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7627345

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:04 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
sanderson wrote:i havent taken iodine in a couple of months now, but i continue to experience side of head itch from time to time. how to cure myxedema?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7627345

Interesting, thank you. So a selenium deficiency would lead to this? I need to find my selenium supplement.. haven't touched it in a while either...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:12 pm

so i couldnt find a selenium specific supplement, but i found a multi that contained selenium and i took it past 2 days. it did seemingly kill the itch on the side of my head so i'll just keep doing that, although i dont know what form of selenium is in it. it also contains a bunch of other stuff so probably it is helping. i feel way way more clear headed after taking the multi also.. fucking PFS. thanks CS, hopefully that keeps things tamed for now.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down