Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair

3 posters

Go down

Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair Empty Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair

Post  TapItIn Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:53 am

Hi Guys,

I have posted about this a couple times but nothing seems to work. It is extremely frustrating because there is zero inflammation and zero sebum on my scalp which is what you want in scalp health. (I even have used a microscope on the scalp to confirm this.

Some of the things I do included.
-gluten free, wheat free diet
-top 6
-emu/coconut oil at night
-going to be adding 300 diode laser helmet with pulse drive.

The hairs on the top of my head (mostly the hairline) have shed SO MUCH in the last 4 months when this started. I use to be in good shape hair wise but now I can see my scalp in a lot of areas. It is the biggest shed I have ever had and it is not stopping. At first I thought that it could be a good sign because it started when I first went gluten free. But the pain in the roots of my hair when I touch them made me think different that this is not a good shed.

Has anyone else experienced this or can shed some light on what they might think it is? I will literally pay someone 100 bucks paypal if they have a solution to stop the problem. I have already spent so much money on experimental products to see if they can help. The last thing that I am going to try is the enzyme scalp peels from the scalpskinlady.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair Empty Re: Scalp Pain at the Root of the Hair

Post  TapItIn Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 am

btw, I have experienced the MPB itch in the past, but I have absolutely no Itch on my scalp, only the pain at the hair roots when my hair is moved.

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:11 am

TapItIn wrote:Hi Guys,

I have posted about this a couple times but nothing seems to work. It is extremely frustrating because there is zero inflammation and zero sebum on my scalp which is what you want in scalp health. (I even have used a microscope on the scalp to confirm this.

Some of the things I do included.
-gluten free, wheat free diet
-top 6
-emu/coconut oil at night
-going to be adding 300 diode laser helmet with pulse drive.

The hairs on the top of my head (mostly the hairline) have shed SO MUCH in the last 4 months when this started. I use to be in good shape hair wise but now I can see my scalp in a lot of areas. It is the biggest shed I have ever had and it is not stopping. At first I thought that it could be a good sign because it started when I first went gluten free. But the pain in the roots of my hair when I touch them made me think different that this is not a good shed.

Has anyone else experienced this or can shed some light on what they might think it is? I will literally pay someone 100 bucks paypal if they have a solution to stop the problem. I have already spent so much money on experimental products to see if they can help. The last thing that I am going to try is the enzyme scalp peels from the scalpskinlady.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

You indeed have inflammation. The first quick suggestion to significantly alleviate this is not to put bad oils in your body, especially cooked oils. Cutting cooked foods out all together for awhile takes it one step farther. Lots of juicing...The coconut oil you have can apparently be used for cooking though. To be more specific on oils, try cold pressed parental EFA oils (safflower,pumpkin seed oil), and omega 3 such as from Krill oil, must be done daily. You can even try the parental EFA's as a topical along with that, throw in scalp massage also.. I believe Rejuveplex w/ copper peptides works well for topical inflammation. Cold shower may also provide some immediate relief. Systemically you need to follow most of cs recommendations.

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 pm

when you say a pain in the scalp, does it feel like a thumb tack is pushing into one spot in your head? like a pin is touching just one hair? if so, then you my friend are dealing with the nasty effect of peroxynitrites/superoxide i believe. they are basically the negative effect of nitric oxide. start doing high doses of vitamin E. i know this definitely helps the problem.

for some reason, ecklonia cava (which is supposed to help combat this problem specifically) and the anti oxidant mix make this worse for me for whatever reason. you should try implementing each one of the top 6 one by one and see if one of them is the culprit.

here's a site actually i just dug up when i was doing heavy research into this (if this is your problem, i dont know if it is, but if my description of the thumb tack is true, it most likely is. someone else can chime in if maybe this is wrong).

here's some stuff from the website on a treatment protocol for it:

Dr. Paul Cheney has developed his treatment protocol based on clinical observations and has honed it over the past two decades of treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome patients. He advises trying to avoid things that exacerbate the NO/ONOO- cycle mechanism, some of the same things that I discussed above. Specifically he suggests attenuating GI tract problems by such strategies as going on a low food allergen diet, minimizing environmental chemical exposure and also minimizing inflammatory diseases, such as around the teeth. The agents that I list are followed, in some cases, by comments on how they may act—those comments are mine, not Cheney’s.

High dose hydroxocobalamin (B12) injections— potent nitric oxide scavenger
Whey protein—glutathione precursor
Guaifenesin—vanilloid antagonist?
NMDA blockers
Magnesium—lowers NMDA activity
Taurine—antioxidant and acts to lower excitotoxicity including NMDA activity
GABA agonists—GABA acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter to lower NMDA activity—these include the drug neurontin (gabapentin)
Histamine blockers—mast cells which release histamine are activated by both nitric oxide and vanilloid stimulation (Chapter 7) and may therefore be part of the cycle mechanism
Betaine hydrochloride (HCl)—Betaine lowers reductive stress, the hydrochloride form should only be used in those with low stomach acid. Betaine (trimethylglycine) is also listed separately in the protocol description
Antioxidants listed as follows:

Flavonoids, including “bioflavonoids,” olive leaf extract, organic botanicals, hawthorn extract
Vitamin E (forms not listed)
Coenzyme Q10—acts both as antioxidant and to stimulate mitochondrial function
a-lipoic acid
Selenium
Omega-3 and –6 fatty acids
Melatonin—as an antioxidant that may act in the brain
Pyridoxal phosphate—improves glutamate/GABA ratio
Folic acid—lowers uncoupling of nitric oxide synthases
http://sprident.com/martin-pall/

another thing to look into is thyroid/adrenal treatment. i've started doing iodine and have to say i'm very happy with it. you ahve to treat both the thyroid AND the adrenals.

also, start washing your scalp 2x/day with bar soap.. that clears a ton of inflammation up as was discovered by Xenon.

the last possible "culprit" of this peroxynitrite i believe falls into methylation problems. i haven't done too much research into specifically superoxide/peroxynitrite, but i can tell you that if oyu have genetic mutations within the methylation genes, you will have issues detoxing. now this is a really NEW area of science. genetics have barely scratched the surface of the information that is possible with this stuff, but the information i've found has been quite incredible. i'm successfully treating some of my health issues that have been caused by methylation genetic mutations. i'm pretty sure it's why my own peroxynitrite/superoxide was high because i don't have this painful feeling in my scalp anymore. here's a blurb on specifically NO. .but be warned.. you need to do a lot of research into this, this is not a simple fix:

In a BH4 dependent reaction, Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) converts Arginine in to Nitric Oxide, the molecule that resists plaque formation, vasospasm, and abnormal clotting. If you can make and maintain Nitric Oxide then you will not develop cardiovascular disease. If you have cardiovascular disease and if we can successfully reboot your Nitric Oxide system, than we can stabilize your disease. Every maneuver in drug and non-drug cardiovascular medicine that improves patient symptomatic status and outcome works on this system. Every risk factor (or causative factor for cardiovascular disease) compromises Nitric Oxide generation or maintenance. NOS is also involved in ammonia detoxification, a job that distracts it from its Nitric Oxide generating duties and which uses up BH4. Without adequate levels of BH4 Nitric Oxide Synthase will not convert Arginine in to beneficial Nitric Oxide, but rather in to undesirable free radical species such as superoxide or peroxynitrite.

The NOS D298E abnormality codes for a dysfunctional NOS enzyme. It has trouble breaking down ammonia and it has trouble generating Nitric Oxide. NOS (+) individuals are at greater risk for developing all forms of cardiovascular disease, for experiencing adverse events, and for restenosis following balloon angioplasty. A component of “a positive family history of cardiovascular disease” is related to genes coding for high cholesterol, elevated lipoprotein (a), and iron over absorption. The rest likely relates to inherited abnormalities in NOS, ACE, and the other Methyl Cycle genes. If you are NOS (+) we will pay particular attention to maneuvers designed to lower your ammonia burden, and to address risk factors that compromise Nitric Oxide. As the products of a compromised or genetically abnormal NOS system are the free radicals superoxide and peroxynitrite, aggressive antioxidant supplementation makes sense here (while a broad spectrum program of antioxidant supplementation is always wise, we specifically use Vitamin C to neutralize superoxide and 5-methyl folate to neutralize peroxynitrite). I give two separate two hour presentations on Endothelial Dysfunction, which we have on cassette tape (we will likely have a DVD presentation available late next fall). BH4 supplementation has been demonstrated to improve Nitric Oxide generation and endothelial function in individuals with risk factors such as hyperlipidemia, and we presume that it will do the same in individuals with Methyl Cycle abnormalities.

http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm#NOS:  Nitric Oxide Synthase

I'm posting this methylation more if people do a search and find this post.. it really is a big chore to research into it. I had to do it though. :p I can tell you more about it if interested, but you can learn a lot from the heart fixer website.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  TapItIn Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 am

sanderson - that is exactly how I fee, like something sharp is poking my skin. Thank you for the information, I will try some of those suggestions out and hope that it will help.

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down