Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair

5 posters

Go down

roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair Empty roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair

Post  alphadelta Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 am

thought this study might be relevant regarding hair loss
the study basically says that regular meditation improves mitochondrial function (good) and lowers NF-κB (even better Very Happy )both through changes at the gene level.

Abstract

The relaxation response (RR) is the counterpart of the stress response. Millennia-old practices evoking the RR include meditation, yoga and repetitive prayer. Although RR elicitation is an effective therapeutic intervention that counteracts the adverse clinical effects of stress in disorders including hypertension, anxiety, insomnia and aging, the underlying molecular mechanisms that explain these clinical benefits remain undetermined. To assess rapid time-dependent (temporal) genomic changes during one session of RR practice among healthy practitioners with years of RR practice and also in novices before and after 8 weeks of RR training, we measured the transcriptome in peripheral blood prior to, immediately after, and 15 minutes after listening to an RR-eliciting or a health education CD. Both short-term and long-term practitioners evoked significant temporal gene expression changes with greater significance in the latter as compared to novices. RR practice enhanced expression of genes associated with energy metabolism, mitochondrial function, insulin secretion and telomere maintenance, and reduced expression of genes linked to inflammatory response and stress-related pathways. Interactive network analyses of RR-affected pathways identified mitochondrial ATP synthase and insulin (INS) as top upregulated critical molecules (focus hubs) and NF-κB pathway genes as top downregulated focus hubs. Our results for the first time indicate that RR elicitation, particularly after long-term practice, may evoke its downstream health benefits by improving mitochondrial energy production and utilization and thus promoting mitochondrial resiliency through upregulation of ATPase and insulin function. Mitochondrial resiliency might also be promoted by RR-induced downregulation of NF-κB-associated upstream and downstream targets that mitigates stress.

fulltext here:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0062817

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair Empty Re: roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair

Post  TrueGround Tue May 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Nice find! Stress reduction and relaxation is probably a big part of the puzzle that people, including myself, are not focusing on nearly enough. I mean, how can guys like us that hang out on hair loss forums not be way over-stressed about this condition, on top of everything else life throws at us..

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair Empty Re: roll out your yoga mats, it might help your hair

Post  Growdamnit Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm

TrueGround wrote:Nice find! Stress reduction and relaxation is probably a big part of the puzzle that people, including myself, are not focusing on nearly enough. I mean, how can guys like us that hang out on hair loss forums not be way over-stressed about this condition, on top of everything else life throws at us..
Truth.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 am

As CS and many others have stated, stress is most likely the fastest way to accelerate hair loss. Have recently been getting back into meditation and the stress/anxiety/depression reduction for me is powerful and instant from less than 10 minute sessions. Luckily I can slip into a meditative state fairly quick, so I'm somewhat of a natural. Many are not able to meditate easily and it takes time to really reap the benefits and get good sessions in. It's easy to get distracted or bored, so those wanting to give it a go should just start with 5 minute sessions and work your way up to as long as an hour.

Can't recommend this highly enough for people who notice themselves getting stressed often. I'm officially working daily meditation into the regimen, even it it means missing something else I do for hair.

Yoga classes at my gym will be next on deck.

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm

TrueGround, I concur.
The following video is one I follow everyday for guided meditation. (Apart from my other sessions.)

If you are not into meditation, give this a try and close your eyes and listen. Your stress will decrease as you practice it.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Spunky Wed May 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Started yoga about 15 months ago and its the best thing in world for de-stressing from work and daily life in general. Be warned, it's addictive Wink. I go three times a week and really get bummed when I miss...

Spunky

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sun May 12, 2013 2:29 pm

isn't there different types of yoga(kundalini,hatha,bikram etc.) what kind just your every day type you'd find in a gym?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down