Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Photos of about a years results. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Photos of about a years results. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Photos of about a years results. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Photos of about a years results. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Photos of about a years results. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Photos of about a years results. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Photos of about a years results. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Photos of about a years results. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Photos of about a years results. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Photos of about a years results.

+8
hairisthickening
CF
Mastery
mistermr
SlowMoe
FireFist
Growdamnit
Duketronix
12 posters

Go down

Photos of about a years results. Empty Photos of about a years results.

Post  Duketronix Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:40 am

So I found an old photo of my hair dated from about a year ago and I thought I'd compare with a more recent one. The conditions aren't EXACT. It's the same room and basic conditions (partially wet hair) but the flash went off in the newer one. Either way this isn't meant to be a CRAZY close examination shot. I think the difference in quality and fullness is obvious.

This is on the side of my head that has actually gotten LESS regrowth but has filled in and is slowly lowering (like a centimeter a year slowly it seems) but I continue to get more and more hairs coming in terminal just below the hair line. Either way I'm moving towards more hair instead of less so I'm happy. I would also note that I would consider myself to be in a shed cycle and that this is NOT the best my hair has been in the last couple months.
You can look up my previous posts to see what I've done since it's all in there so don't expect answers to questions about my regimen.

Anyway here's the photos.

Here's the older pic.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f70/17/60/54/77/photo210.jpg

And here's the more recent one.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f70/17/60/54/77/photo12.jpg

Anyway one of the photos somehow got rotated....
I know it's not the BEST comparison shots but I saw the old photo and was AMAZED and reminded why I always wore hats a year ago. Just thought this might work as motivation for those of people thinking of going on to Fin or Minox that they are not necessary if you figure this stuff out and give your body what it needs to grow and repair.

Happy growing!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Photos of about a years results. Empty Re: Photos of about a years results.

Post  Growdamnit Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:42 am

Holy fucking shit.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:16 am

What's your complete regimen? Topical and Internal
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 am

^ Haha

Photos of about a years results. 1111111_zps3199322b

Last edited by SlowMoe on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:46 am

FireFist wrote:What's your complete regimen? Topical and Internal

Lol Duke, I know you said to search your regimen through your posts but with results like that, people will still ask.
Congrats on the progress!

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Very impressive - well done!

That is one of the best regrowths I have seen. And having just read many of your old posts now I agree totally with your quality thinking too.

One tends to lead to the other...

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Duke, nice results!

Here is a recent post of yours I thought I would re-post in here for anyone curious as to what your regimen was and thought it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack to get the run down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All my stuff is in old posts if you search user name but quickly. I did a metal detox that I feel helped me (cutler protocol). I eat clean most of the time, try to get excercise 5 times a week, take the IH top 6 and a couple other small things not really for hair purposes (including greens supps I add to green smoothies) I introduced a laser helmet in Oct I think it was and do 15 mins 3 times a week with it. Always working on over all health, superb oral hygiene, gut health daily iodine (partly because I eat lots of almonds and kale/cabbage which are goitrogenic) and some other stuff but not religiously since I'm not JUST into hair, but overall health too.

As for manual methods I do pretty much everything you could imagine, massage with shampoo brushes, BB brush, malaniak-style and kinda PP power style massages,scalp pinching/tapping, whatever gets the blood flowing. I find some days a certain technique seems to get things going better so I just switch it up so long as things get going. I do a headstand for about 5-10 mins a day too right after manual stimulation. I take alternating hot and cold showers, use a good shampoo, put oils on my scalp and hair sometimes before bed (a mix of coconut, olive and castor lately). I been experimenting with various home made topicals and still spray some on twice a day and massage it in. Currently mine contains B6, vit c, quercetin, maca, saw palmetto, sea salt (magnesium etc), rosemary oiland maybe a couple other things (don't have it with me currently) and I add DMSO as a carrier.

That's the gist of it. Still getting more temple growth (slow as hell) and hoping my next hair cycle will thicken it up a bit since it still looks good but I feel my next cycle will bring me to a good place.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm

that looks like thickening. But its hard to say....your hair could just be longer? I guess you know though better than me,lol.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks guys! I'm quite pleased and as I said I'm pretty sure the best is yet to come. There's hairs getting longer and longer all in that temple area, but the flash washed them out.

Hairisthickening- It definitely looks more like just thickening in the small version but in the big links you can tell a little more. It's also the angle and that some of the areas where it "thickened" there wasn't much hair growing. The hair is actually longer in the first one (based on the photos it was bunched with on my comp) I had actually just cut my hair shorter than it had been in a long time a week before the second one was taken. The regrowth that is below the hairline is SLOW and is hard to tell because of slightly different angles in the shots imo. it has only come down about a centimeter but you can see some of the hairs below the hairline going terminal and there's tons more following the same pattern they went through. Either way it definitely is slowly comin back at this point.

I REALLY think a big factor for a lot of people is not being able to commit and be consistent. You obviously need to find what works and gives you SOME minimal results and makes things feel better/look better but once you do you gotta keep going in that direction and listen to your body. There were and still are times when I'll wanna not do some of my routine etc... which is RIDICULOUS and I know it. Why would I stop doing what is clearly working for me? I won't and don't, but the human mind is crazy and you really gotta show it who is boss. I also think relaxation is important and underrated along with getting outside. Over the past year I made a point of getting outside (took up golf as part of that) and have found out a lot about myself and what stresses me out. Not keeping myself accountable to what I wanted to do with my time turned out to be a HUGE factor for me and once I started addressing that I felt a huge wiehgt lift off me. I don't think that's THE reason why I'm getting regrowth, but I do think it is a piece. Possibly just by way of hormonal changes.

Anyway just kind of ranting here and should hit the sack, but hope I gave some people some motivation or inspiration to work at this stuff.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks Duke for posting this. You've been a great contribution and continue to be so. I think you're spot on too when you say the human mind is crazy and can trick you out of doing things that are working for you. Also excellent points on stress reduction. Hope to see your success continue and hope to see mine as well!

Quick question. For LLLT, are you using an OMG style helmet with the standard power supply?

Thanks,
TG

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 am

Congrats man, i agree with the consistency thing.. its hard though.

Are you supplementing with iodine or eating organic iodine?

I am unsure if i want to try and eat enough iodine daily or supplement.. If your eating it what do you eat/ quantities etc?

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

Trueground: Thanks man! Ya I'm using the standard OMG set up. 10-20 mins mon-wed-fri. I change the amount of time depending how my head feels. Sometimes it gets the "pumo" pulsing feeling really fast. At first I would do the 20mns regardless but it wouldn't feel as good and I would lose the "pump" so I think I was getting overstimulated. I think for me about 13-15 mins is usually ideal.

Grub- I supplement with iodoral usually. I'm not entirely consistent with it though. I miss a day here and there. I sometimes take a kelp pill with it (cofactors) and always take a selenium and am on the Decalcify supplement. I also take tyrosine sometimes (was doing it regularly before when I was more focused on my thyroid) since I still have some I take it from time to time. Same with the Kelp I have it leftover from when I started learning about this stuff so I take it rather than waste it.

FWIW I also just received some rejuveplex with copper peptide (AHK) int eh mail today and am going to be putting this along my hairline for the next couple months to hopefully make more hairs go terminal. I will of course keep everyone posted.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:41 pm

wasn't sure where to post this but figure I'd just add on to this thread where I'll end up logging my progress in the future.

Anwyay...
I started using rejuveplex with copper peptides a couple of weeks ago now. It has definitely given me a shed, biggest I've had in a while. Now I'm not entirely sure that this isn't from lasers since I started that back in October and would be put me right about the 6 month mark now. At any rate I think it's form the rejuveplex becasue now the leeeettle tiny hairs I had on my temples are almost all getting noticeably longer and the condition of my scalp has changed fairly dramatically.
I thought my scalp was loose before (it had gotten looser doing manuals over the past year) but after a couple of weeks with the rejuveplex it has become SO loose and supple it is quite amazing. I ALWAYS get a cool tingly feeling after massaging my scalp now and when I do HAggertry type exercises it moves a LOT more. in some areas that I would have identified as problem spots before (still kind of tight and slightly dead feeling) are not only looser but had.. how to explain. pimples? cysts? for under the skin that were quite painful and them slowly went away.

It hasn't been too long and the shedding has stopped but I think/hope this is a move in the right direction. I ordered a dermaroller today to add to the mix and will keep everyone posted as I continue with this.

Happy Growing!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenBook Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 am

Wow, congrats Duketronix! cheers

How old are you btw?

OpenBook

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:43 am

Thanks for the update Duke and wish you continued success.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:28 am

Thanks Openbook. I will be 30 in a few months with hairloss starting at 19-21? Was in denial about it at first of course.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down