Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium

Go down

Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium Empty Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium

Post  4039 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 am

The site is PerfectHealthDiet.com run by Paul Jaminet, Ph.D an astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and his wife, Siou-Chin Jaminet, Ph.D, a molecular biologist and cancer researcher at Beth Israel.

Anyway, Mr. Jaminet wrote this excellent in-depth piece on Iodine and Hashimoto's as a balance between diametrically contrasting opinions on iodine. Dr.'s Abraham and Brownstein are all advocates of high-dose iodine, while Chris Kresser (over at the Healthy Skeptic) received a lot of press for his blog post “Iodine for hypothyroidism: like gasoline on a fire?”

Iodine for hypothyroidism: like gasoline on a fire?
http://chriskresser.com/iodine-for-hypothyroidism-like-gasoline-on-a-fire

Paul does a good job removing any confusion while confirming the need for selenium along with iodine supplementation, and visa-versa, using animal and human studies with a nice common sense approach.

Iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Part I (delves into animal studies)
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2011/05/iodine-and-hashimotos-thyroiditis-part-i/

iodine-and-hashimotos-thyroiditis-part-2 (human study)
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2011/05/iodine-and-hashimotos-thyroiditis-part-2/

Back to top Go down

Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium Empty Re: Great article on iodine and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and the requirement for selenium

Post  4039 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:52 pm

And for the record, I personally recommend making yourself iodine sufficient (which can be acid forming) only after daily supplementation with a proper amount of selenium and magnesium (500mg,) and other alkalizing minerals for several months -- boron, manganese, potassium, zinc, chromium etc. In the process, you'll also prepare yourself (liver, kidneys, thyroid) for all the toxins being supplanted by the iodine. I really think the most important organ for hair growth is a normalized thyroid gland.

Back to top Go down