Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
the good ol' days of IH EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
the good ol' days of IH EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
the good ol' days of IH EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
the good ol' days of IH EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
the good ol' days of IH EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
the good ol' days of IH EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
the good ol' days of IH EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
the good ol' days of IH EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
the good ol' days of IH EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

the good ol' days of IH

+6
panoslydios
gdfghh
whodathunkit
shaftless
ubraj
ar
10 posters

Go down

the good ol' days of IH Empty the good ol' days of IH

Post  ar Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 pm

This topic is relatively unrelated to the main issues this forum is aimed towards dealing with, though it is not without it's relevance.

I first came to this website in 2009, I remember it almost as if through a haze, I remember every now and then coming across some forum post in a google search and somehow finding my way back to the immortalhair homepage (which at the time was green with a forest behind the logo). I was unimpressed, but like many, desperate and anxious enough to at least keep peeking back at the site every now and then, telling myself I wouldn't sign up or take any supplements. None of my friends took supplements or special diets, and I didn't want to have to stick to that routine or restriction socially.

At the time I dabbled in a lot of different modities, I ignored what I read about finasteride and tried it, getting proscar and dividing the tablets. It took three days and boom, my nipples hurt and my junk felt lifeless and numb in certain areas. Scared the SHIT out of me. This was the point where I took IH a little more seriously, and started an account, which was named after my belief that your life is a product of ten percent circumstance, amd ninety percent your reaction to said circumstance.
Action -reaction

My initial posts, most of which are now lost, were a combination of questions regarding the many why's
Behind my debilitating fatigue and body pain, and inquiries into the use of a million different supplements that I probably wasted money on. I was skeptical about everything I read and at that point nothing made any sense.

Without the users present at the time, I wouldn't have stayed. The initial surge of users on this site at its inception consisted heavily of ex members of a mainstream hairloss site (s) that causticsymmetry used to post on about his experience. They saw the limits set by those sites and at times, the sneaky financial backroom tampering by a number of pharmaceutical companies that brought huge industry into their homes without their knowledge, and by the example of what they realized they didn't want, came much closer to knowing what they did want to be a part of. This all led to them understanding that if anybody is going to educate them on how to really take care of themselves, it would have to be themselves. The threads at the time strongly reflected this. They were ripe with heavy, (mostly) well researched debate, personal trials, pages of research articles, and I learned so, so much from these people doing the posting.

For a user to come into the picture now, trying to pick out a reason why they should be a part of this community, or to even get a basic grasp of what this site is really about or where it all started, I would offer them my pity. For you not only have the work of understanding, learning the science behind you, the individual, but you have to piece together the scattered work of dozens of individuals who have long since been able to move on from the site to do it, they have left you a trail of breadcrumbs through a vast maze to get lost in.

I'll end this topic by stating that through my years here seeing so many come and go, I've seen first hand how the truth can often be and most usually is more surprising than anything most could fabricate. I've come near a point where I have my full health back from an arthritic condition set off by dental work, something of which my family and doctors abandoned me to deal with on my own, prompting me to be as dilligent in researching here as I have been been. I've stabilized my hair loss through supplements that I've found are right for me, based on vast reading and trial and error, and of course eating a diet i find right for my body. I've rid myself of anxiety and depression with the help of lifestyle changes preached here. I lost a ton of fat and effortlessly put on a ton of muscle. As for what I've seen in other users ... I've not once seen somebody come in with a bad attitude and achieve success, these people will talk themselves into the ground before they talk themselves into action to better themselves of their own accord with a magic pill to make everything better. As for those who come in ready to take on the whole world, I've seen miracles from you, and I'm amazed by what's possible in this world because of you, and by how much has yet to be discovered thats just beyond our very obstructed site.

To cs, jdp, prague, mistere, abc, TK (the librarian), funkystumpfighter, greenpower, gibson, the dozens I'm forgetting, thanks for making this site such a great place when I needed it most.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

the good ol' days of IH Empty Re: the good ol' days of IH

Post  ubraj Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 pm

ar wrote:I'm amazed by what's possible in this world

Nice post. I especially liked this quote.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 am

Obviously everyone would like to get the results that they are looking for (regrowth) thru natural, side effect free means...but apparently most just seem to stabilize their hair loss. It is still disappointing since we still live with this embarassing disease. Hence we continue to look at other options be it chemical or whatever.

If they do come out with an effective pgd2 receptor antagonist cream with little side effects in a couple of years that reverses hairloss, do you really think that die-hard naturalists would still continue to seek organic hair growth while slowly losing their hair more and more? I kinda doubt it. We need a cure and we need it fast.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:52 am

I agree very much that we need results, and that many may need it more than others, whether they've had hairloss longer or have had an extremely aggressive case of it. But that fact doesn't give the innacuracy of what you just mentioned any more validity than it actually has. Looking back through the years I've seen many people not just stabilize hairloss but get differing amounts of regrowth.

I can't speak for others personally, regarding whether they'd drop the natural approach if a "magic bullet" cream were to hit the market, but based on many testimonies a lot of people who came to this site wouldn't need it anymore.

When the PGD2 stuff comes out I feel there will be a great dissapointment felt in the hairloss community ... again (like we need that right?). One small aspect of the pathology of the condition has been identified, merely treating that will have varying results but like any other highly downstream treatment, it will slowly result in insensetivity, and the tissue will continue on an even more out of balance destructive process.

With the standard markups on products such as that too, it won't be cheap also, there are many cheaper options on this site to combat that specific prostoglandin.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:02 am

ar, BTW, still interested in your posts on the gut.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:30 am

Excellent post. The more some of these people talk themselves down and doubt what they can achieve, they further they are pushing themselves from the life they ideally want to live. A mere change of attitude will bring forth many results. I, for one, know that my journey which began simply to combat premature hairloss has evolved into an awakening that has changed the way I experience and present my entire existence.

So much of what I have learned here has provided an eye opener towards all sorts of phenomena in the world we live in, and the fundamentals of life as a human. Starting with the FDA, I learned to see how corrupt the US government is, and how that same influence is preached all around the world. It's the kind of vision that either leaves an individual a paranoid, insane maniac (see: Alex Jones), or the type of enlightened citizen that a government should truly be in fear of. Being converted from a "sheep" into someone with the truth. Greed and the desire to be in total control are just the basics of being human; from small social circles to big government, you'll see it everywhere.

That's pretty kick ass for a hair loss sight I guess.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 am

I am reading the post of ''thefunkkystumpfighter'' and its really changing the perspective
i have for so many things about how everything could be just an enviromental response
and how changing this enviroment close to nature's plan for health and regeneration,
will make things feasible.

The regeneration thread was purely legendary
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Great post, man.

As for dropping the natural approach, that's like saying if I they came up with a magic weight loss pill, that you'd just stop eating healthy. Hair loss is nothing more than a symptom of shit going wrong in your body, and in a sense, it's a mixed blessing that you're getting such an obvious sign that things aren't working because there are those that don't get hair loss yet are just as f'ed up inside.

Was just discussing with my father after he asked what gluten is how I believe it to be a strong culprit in both my and my brother's hair loss. We both have pretty much identical hair loss--receded temples, and diffuse thinning. I've managed to take care of the thinning with a combination of LLLT, supplementation, diet, RejuvePlex, and Magnesium Oil, but the temples are a slow project (with some promising hair sprouts here and there). Back to the gluten-effect... what happened as soon as both of us hit our first year in college? Beer happened. Of course, we also are bodybuilders and consumed a whole bunch of milk, crappy whey powders with artificial sweeteners, and college cafeteria food, but I strongly believe that the amount of beer consumed really set the ole "genetic trigger" in motion. Further evidence is the fact that my brother really can't handle beer well from a digestive perspective, and on my end I can handle it, but get bloating, burps, and some gas here and there (I tend to stick to Martinis on dates... shaken, not stirred...).

Gluten is, without a doubt, probably one of the our biggest fiends in our fight against hair loss. I'm loading up on organic volcano rice by Lotus Foods from IHerb.com... great price, and free shipping for a few days!

Anyway, supplementation and eating healthy has done some amazing things for me physically; more natural energy, better sleep, better lifts in the gym, libido, you name it. Some cream on my scalp isn't going to fix the problems that led to my hair loss, and some cream isn't going to get rid of calcification. Magnesium Oil will take care of that, and for inflammation a good topical and LLLT.

Just my 2 cents.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Life's been crazy, so I haven't posted as much as I'd like. But this is still easily my favorite online community. Easily.

It literally changed my life. I know it's impacted countless other lives, too.

People here generally care about each other. Plus there's an intellectual hunger unseen anywhere else on the net.

This is way more than a hair loss site. We have passionate thinkers debating life's biggest questions. This has become an intellectual laboratory. An absolute goldmine of information.

I am extremely excited about our future.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:57 am

Great post. Still here, but wading through the breadcrumbs. What is your current regimen AR?

I know there is no 1 end-all-be-all solution, and everyone is different, but beyond chelation, diet, iodine, supps, brushing/massaging techniques, what is the current status quo?

What would you say are the top 6-10 (specifically, what helped your arthritis, etc) things that worked for you? For most?

Long time user here, without posting too often to add to the clutter.

Many thanks to all
-whip

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  jaredbecker Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:43 am

LA-Night wrote:Life's been crazy, so I haven't posted as much as I'd like. But this is still easily my favorite online community. Easily.

It literally changed my life. I know it's impacted countless other lives, too.

People here generally care about each other. Plus there's an intellectual hunger unseen anywhere else on the net.

This is way more than a hair loss site. We have passionate thinkers debating life's biggest questions. This has become an intellectual laboratory. An absolute goldmine of information.

I am extremely excited about our future.

Word. I've only been on this site for a few months and the plethora of information I've found here is truly amazing. So many progressive thinkers here that dare to challenge the status quo. I only wish I found this forum sooner, back in good ol' IH days. There is a very good chance I wouldn't have gotten my hair transplant if I had known about this site.

jaredbecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down