Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Interview with Ori EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Interview with Ori EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Interview with Ori EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Interview with Ori EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Interview with Ori EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Interview with Ori EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Interview with Ori EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Interview with Ori EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Interview with Ori EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interview with Ori

+3
Gibson
Prague
Amaranthaceae
7 posters

Go down

Interview with Ori Empty Interview with Ori

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU85kV-WLbU&feature=related

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Interview with Ori Empty Re: Interview with Ori

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 am

This guy is good.

Eat low on the food chain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnEvNIBkYM4&feature=related

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:55 am

some good articles from ori and others are at http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode2/Nutrition

i'm also i abig fan of pavel tsatsouline for the training and excercise which you can find at dragondoor too

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:14 am

He formulated this protein powder and I was going to order it, but now it appears that it is unavailable:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU492/ItemDetail?n=4294967184

Physically he looks like he walks his talk, which is good.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 am

I'm not sure I buy his theory on food craving, but it makes for an interesting discourse. it reminds me of when I studied feminine ecriture, which asserts that there is male writing and female writing that is distinguishable--another neat discourse.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:50 pm

I would not be surprised at all if he exactly right regard craving.

Maybe you did not watch the entire interview. Craving is a deficiency in the sense that
energy metabolism is screwed up. That creates a crave for the next meal or snack.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:33 am

Cpio,

I should have been more specific: I was referring to the notion that estogen dominant people crave sweets, sugar, etc. and testosterone dominant people crave meat, etc.
He even acknowledges that he is out on a limb with that by saying he can't prove it. The discourse of masculine and feminine distinctions is used in everything from architecture to language--why not food-type cravings?

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:02 am

Gibson, you are right, it may not be accurate or that simple regarding bad estrogens and cravings. But it is factual as
far as I know, that they are fattening in one way or another.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:12 am

BTW: I got an email from swansons this morning that the protein powder is now available. This seems like someth IH and Nidhodge might like.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 am

I looked at a few of his videos and I don't believe some of the stuff he says, I wish I could find some evidence for what he says about testosterone and estrogen changing our cravings. My sister is bolemic, but she won't admit it, but it's obvious because she is like only 100 pounds but she eats about 3x as much as I do and I'm a 170 pound man when she comes and stays with my parents on the holiday. My point is that ALL she eats is meat and sugar, that's all. If we have any kind of meat, breads, sugars, candy, fruit, it will be GONE and EATEN in 24 hours of it sitting int he house. However, my green vegetables will be left alone all week.

Also, Ori claims it's better to not eat breakfast, what about those with adrenal fatigue, which most people do have? that will make it worse.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 am

Oh and another thing he said that made me lose faith in him is when he said that testosterone makes you very aggressive and competitive, if he is supporting this stereotype and myth then I can't trust much of what else he says.

It's the opposite, testosterone is a CALMATIVE. Estrogen is what makes you aggressive. Picture all the grumpy old men you've known, when their test levels drop they are agitated by and yell about every little tiny thing that happens to interfere with their day. Think of all the women you've known who scream and yell about arguements that have little importance in your relationship. A high test male is calm and cool at all times, and let's insignificant shit slide off him like water off a duck's back.

Aggressive males are high-estrogen males.

Women are more competitive than men. Their whole purpose of life is a competition with other women (not competition with you, as a man you are little more than a shiny object or a work animal that they use to cause envy in other women). This is why women are only interested in you when you are with someone at the time; they don't give a shit about you, they just want to compete with the bitch that you are with at the time.

In scientific studies with computer games women have shown themselves to be much more aggressive and competitive than men are (only when they are anonymous though, if they are being watched then they will pretend to be less aggressive because of social conditioning). This is for two reasons, one reason is because of higher estrogen levels which causes aggression and competiveness, and seconly because women are callous and lacking in empathy (they only pretend to have empathy to get what they want).

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterExploder Sat May 23, 2009 7:25 am

Espio

I totally agree with what you are sayin. This is perfect description of women.:-)

I also noticed (nothing new) that professors in our university are mostly bald or balding, I was wondering if this is because of more estrogen in their bodies, which gives them that competivity towards studying and research and some kind of need to excell and show others that they are the best. I also noticed this thing in my school mates, those who are the hard studying ones tend to have less hair on the other hand those who have full head of hair (equals more testosteron?..) are more flegmatic and they are not able to get themselves to a book and study hard. I am just feel that everything comes easier to males with more testosterone so nothing pushes them towards better results in any field.

So in conclusion a little bit of a estrogen might give you "something" Very Happy
MasterExploder
MasterExploder

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat May 23, 2009 9:22 am

Agression is not about being a bitch...

You have gotten it totally wrong, Agression is what you have in a regular 18 year Marine/army cadet ~ I am sure he is not high on estrogen then....

Agression does not mean agitation, irritable, etc - agression is pure Adrenaline my friend, and indeed Testosterone plays a big role there...

Espio wrote:Oh and another thing he said that made me lose faith in him is when he said that testosterone makes you very aggressive and competitive, if he is supporting this stereotype and myth then I can't trust much of what else he says.

It's the opposite, testosterone is a CALMATIVE. Estrogen is what makes you aggressive. Picture all the grumpy old men you've known, when their test levels drop they are agitated by and yell about every little tiny thing that happens to interfere with their day. Think of all the women you've known who scream and yell about arguements that have little importance in your relationship. A high test male is calm and cool at all times, and let's insignificant shit slide off him like water off a duck's back.

Aggressive males are high-estrogen males.

Women are more competitive than men. Their whole purpose of life is a competition with other women (not competition with you, as a man you are little more than a shiny object or a work animal that they use to cause envy in other women). This is why women are only interested in you when you are with someone at the time; they don't give a shit about you, they just want to compete with the bitch that you are with at the time.

In scientific studies with computer games women have shown themselves to be much more aggressive and competitive than men are (only when they are anonymous though, if they are being watched then they will pretend to be less aggressive because of social conditioning). This is for two reasons, one reason is because of higher estrogen levels which causes aggression and competiveness, and seconly because women are callous and lacking in empathy (they only pretend to have empathy to get what they want).

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 pm

I'd also like to add that I have read Ori's books and he does not claim that testosterone makes you aggressive in an angry, irritable way. He has stated over and over that testosterone is what makes a man more creative, ambitious, driven, verile, and more at peace (I wish I had the book in front of me and I'd quote him verbatim, but it is something to that effect). He goes on to add that estrogen results in depression, lethargy, and an anti-competitve nature.

I also tend to believe that those men who crave sweet foods and other estrogen promoting foods are probably the ones who have an out of whack estrogen to testosterone balance. However, that is not necessarily because the high estrogen levels cause them to crave alot of sweet foods, but the men who have those cravings typically consume them alot which makes them crave those types of food more often... thereby putting them in a vicious cycle of driving themselves even more into an estrogen dominated body.

In addition, academics and others (scientists, computer geeks, etc) who spend a ton of time inside on the computer or dolling over research and studies are probably more likely to be estrogen dominated BECAUSE they spend the vast majority of their time inside and on the computer and studying research, and eating crappy food, and they have spent their adult lives this way... as opposed to testosterone dominant types who spend more time outdoors, and/or working out, and are generally more physically active.

In other words, I believe that the lifestyles dictate whether one will be estrogen dominant versus testosterone dominant as opposed to estrogen or testosterone dominance leading to a certain lifestyle. Lifestyle drives the hormonal balance, not vice versa.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sat May 23, 2009 1:40 pm

johnt wrote:In other words, I believe that the lifestyles dictate whether one will be estrogen dominant versus testosterone dominant as opposed to estrogen or testosterone dominance leading to a certain lifestyle. Lifestyle drives the hormonal balance, not vice versa.

I should add to my statement above that, [I believe] lifestyle drives the hormonal balance, not vice versa, and once that particular lifestyle drives the body to estrogen dominanance it is very difficult to change that. IMO you would have to make drastic lifestyle changes (ie, diet, physical activity, etc) in order to reverse it which is PRECISELY what Ori is trying to urge.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down