Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
dr. mercola is like crazy bald EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

dr. mercola is like crazy bald

+6
AS54
CausticSymmetry
Vince Clortho
Balthier
gdfghh
marku
10 posters

Go down

dr. mercola is like crazy bald Empty dr. mercola is like crazy bald

Post  marku Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:00 am

While I am trying to implement this new healthier lifestyle (and I'm aware benefits extend beyond hair) it's hard to ignore a lot of things, one today being the discovery that Dr. Mercola, who shares a lot of the same principles as this forum and CS, is like totally effing bald. Like crazy bald.

He seems like he's on top of his sh*t too, he practices a lot of the stuff we learn here. Crap like that is extremely discouraging and easily can make one rethink everything they thought they were "learning."

What do you guys think about stuff like this that make you change your view on things?

marku

Back to top Go down

dr. mercola is like crazy bald Empty Re: dr. mercola is like crazy bald

Post  gdfghh Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 am

He also has trouble communicating clearly at times and seems nervous on camera. There's a lot of things he's wrong about and probably aren't working as well for him as he thinks.

Of course he does have good points on some subjects. We don't know WHEN he started going bald, let alone his lifestyle habits at the time.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am

He used to believe in mainstream stuff and I think he said somewhere if he knew what he knows now he might have gotten his blood sugar more in control and not gone bald. I don't think long distance running helped him at all either.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:21 am

He has stated that if he had controlled his insulin resistance better he would have a full head of hair. That is a bold statement to make especially when the man is completely bald and obviously the man was genetically prone so controlling dht would also have had to be in his protocol. The man is in the buisness of making money so the products his company makes are the one's he will endorse. He does talk a lot about the importance of krill and astaxanthin which I agree that they are very important but at the same time he sells them so who knows?
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 am

This topic has gotten a lot of play ever since Dr. Mercola has become well known.

I applaud Dr. Mercola for getting out some of the most important issues....He himself has acknowledged on at least a few
occasions, the reasons for him being bald.

I'm not 100% certain if he is correct about the reasons so I'll tell you his reasons and add in with my own guesses.

Mercola blames his once hardcore low fat + high carbohydrate diet for his balding condition. He lost a lot of his hair during that phase of diet/nutrition dogma. Essentially, he blames his once very high grain diet on his hair loss.

I believe that Ray Peat is correct with the notion that polyunsaturated fatty acids will cause more adverse reactions with insulin regulation than from simple sugars. I will disagree that all polyunsaturates are bad however, since to my research it is the quality of the oil that determines whether it is good or bad for the body.

Grain products themselves are usually tied in with refined polyunsaturated fatty acids, so what's really to blame? The combination of the two is not a perfect marriage for certain.

There's relatively little research (but fortunately growing) on the benefits of grass-fed meats vs. the CAFTA variety.

It's easy to forget to split hairs on the details, because these details really clear up the picture.

Mercola's longtime preoccupation with running long distances I think played a pretty strong role in his hair loss in addition to his grain-based, probably adverse polyunsaturated fatty acid diet. Marathon running and even shorter endurance distance events, can put the body into a catabolic state, raising fight or flight response hormones, and losing essential minerals.

Most people who shop at health food stores still think Canola oil is the 'healthiest,'.....to quote classic Mercola line..."nothing could be further from the truth." A litany of "health food" products contain this oil (which raises 5-alpha reductase levels), and Whole Foods uses this oil to cook their food in their deli section.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 am

Haha. Crazy bald.

Doesn't being bald mean no hair, so what's crazy bald? He's just bald.

Only kidding. But yes, I've heard him in interview a few times state that if he'd known what he does now a few decades ago he'd still have his hair, and he blamed it entirely on insulin resistance. I definitely think insulin resistance has its place. But like CS was pointing out about the grain intensive diet, grains and some other plant foods can have a really negative impact on the gut lining. Leaky gut and dysbiosis by themselves create a situation that would make one prone to hair loss.

And I've always been a bit skeptical of exactly what Mercola practices. I'm sure he's a trustworthy as anybody, but his cheesy marketing methods kind of undermine my confidence in him for whatever reason. And his products are too expensive Razz .
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:
And I've always been a bit skeptical of exactly what Mercola practices. I'm sure he's a trustworthy as anybody, but his cheesy marketing methods kind of undermine my confidence in him for whatever reason. And his products are too expensive Razz .

Ha ha so true anthony. But I will tell you what, this guy always gets me to click through his articles. He has it down to an art! I posted some in another thread, but here are some of his headlines from this week... this guy is banking $$$.. he was on dr. oz too, his list has to be MASSIVE

Riskier than You Think: This Exercise Favorite Can Shorten Your Life
Most people think this popular workout is health-enhancing. But this cardiologist warns of the heart-damaging mistake that can lead to atrial fibrillation and even sudden cardiac death. Find out how to continue to enjoy this favorite with enhanced benefits and lower risks...

Hailed as the #1 Diabetes Cure While It Silently Spreads Cancer
Making this mistake can turn you into a sitting duck for cancer, as it turns off your internal cancer fighters, day in and day out. Replace this dangerous strategy with these overlooked ones without the cancer (and other) risks...

Outlawed in the EU, Unleashes Deadly Bacteria... Did You Eat It Today?
If it's safe, why is it outlawed in Europe? Watch out for unleashed threats like TB, strep, and MRSA - which expose you to the infections that now claim more lives than AIDS. Don't let them fool you with this modern-day myth...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 pm

I finally found a doc in the area that seemed on point with knowledge and completely legit http://www.drkaslow.com After spending some time reading his website(lots of great info!), I found a pic and the guy is bald. This won't deter me from visiting him once I figure out how much and what insurance will cover, but it is disheartening because he seems to carry a pretty similar mentality seen here. I'm bolding very quickly and got nothing but love, just trying to avoid the stump.
CausticSymmetry wrote: I will disagree that all polyunsaturates are bad however, since to my research it is the quality of the oil that determines whether it is good or bad for the body.

I thought all vegetable and most nut oils were highly prone to oxidization and the only pufas you endorsed were from raw nuts. Other than coconut and olive what else are you okay with?

NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  marku Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:16 pm

^ I don't know, but I've started trying to cut out all fats that don't include some omega-3s after reading into the paleo diet, and some posts here. However, I just bought GLA based on many reccomendations here, but it's got more linolec acid than GLA (which CS says is bad stuff)...anyways, speaking of oxidation, I don't know if I need to refrigerate it or now but it kind of smelled rancid when I opened it. sighs Sad

marku

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:04 pm

COME ON! As Sheldon Cooper would say: If there exists an infinity of parrallel worlds, Mercola would be bald in all of them. Nothing could have prevetend him from being bald by now.

Back to top Go down

Post  granger451 Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:07 pm

I tend to be a hero worshiper myself Smile

Look at some other so called guru's. Tim Ferris is very popular, but no amount of his "biohacking" or "80/20 pareto applications" have or probably will do anything to curb his MPB.

I also think Matt stone of 180 degree health is developing MPB.
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:56 pm

matt stone has AGA judging by his pix. its not a very bad case, but he has "miniaturization beyond the leading edge of his hairline" as dr rassman would say. he's like nw 2/3.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  marku Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:43 am

LawOfThelema wrote:matt stone has AGA judging by his pix. its not a very bad case, but he has "miniaturization beyond the leading edge of his hairline" as dr rassman would say. he's like nw 2/3.

holy shit, or worse:

dr. mercola is like crazy bald 6793334991_20aebff3b3_z

if you google 'matt stone health' you can see fairly recent, but older pictures of him (2-5 years old) with a lot more hair, so he's lost MAJOR hair since being "super healthy"

fuckmy

life

marku

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Balthier wrote:He used to believe in mainstream stuff and I think he said somewhere if he knew what he knows now he might have gotten his blood sugar more in control and not gone bald. I don't think long distance running helped him at all either.

long distance running lowers androgens (specifically free testosterone IIRC). couldnt have hurt him.

Last edited by LawOfThelema on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:09 pm

marku wrote:
LawOfThelema wrote:matt stone has AGA judging by his pix. its not a very bad case, but he has "miniaturization beyond the leading edge of his hairline" as dr rassman would say. he's like nw 2/3.

holy shit, or worse:

dr. mercola is like crazy bald 6793334991_20aebff3b3_z

if you google 'matt stone health' you can see fairly recent, but older pictures of him (2-5 years old) with a lot more hair, so he's lost MAJOR hair since being "super healthy"

fuckmy

life

its not worse than nw 3, unless he has a bald spot, which we cant really say from that pic

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down