Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair

4 posters

Go down

A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair Empty A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 am

J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2012 November; 5(11): 28–34.
A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair
Ablon Glynis, MD, FAAD

Objective: To assess the ability of an oral supplement to increase hair growth in women with thinning hair. Design: A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Setting: One United States clinical site. Participants: Healthy women aged 21 to 75 years with Fitzpatrick I to IV photo skin types with self-perceived thinning hair. Measurements: Subjects were randomized to treatment with the study medication (N=10) or placebo (N=5) twice daily for 180 days. A 4cm2 area of scalp was selected for hair counts performed after 90±7 and 180±7 days of treatment. The primary efficacy measure was the change in terminal and vellus hairs in each target area. The secondary measure was changes in a self-assessment questionnaire. Results: The mean (SD) number of terminal vellus hairs among placebo-treated subjects at baseline was 256.0 (24.1), remaining at 245.0 (22.4) and 242.2 (26.9) after 90 and 180 days, respectively. The mean baseline number of terminal hairs in control-treated subjects was 271.0 (24.2) increasing to 571 (65.7) and 609.6 (66.6) after 90 and 180 days, respectively (for each, p<0.001 vs. placebo). The mean number of vellus hairs among placebo-and control-treated subjects did not significantly change. Significantly more control-treated subjects perceived improvements in overall hair volume, scalp coverage, and thickness of hair body after 90 days. Additional improvement after 180 days included hair shine, skin moisture retention, and skin smoothness. No adverse events were reported. Conclusion: The oral supplement assessed in this study safely and effectively promotes significant hair growth in women with temporary hair thinning.

Full study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3509882/

So what is this stuff? It's been around for a while:

http://www.iherb.com/Viviscal-Hair-Nutrition-Program-Extra-Strength-60-Tablets/14379

A cheaper alternative here:

http://www.iherb.com/Proper-Nutrition-Inc-Seacure-Hydrolyzed-White-Fish-Protein-180-Capsules/4950

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair Empty Re: A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair

Post  moby Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 am

Would it be too naive to expect something similar from regular Krill Oil with Astaxanthin?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair Empty Re: A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair

Post  moby Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am

Some comments relating to hair that I found - "I was first introduced to Seacure by a holistic veternarian who recommended it for my cat. My cat was skin and bones. I didn't expect him to live much longer. I gave him one gel cap of Seacure mixed with gravy daily. He gained two pounds in one month and his hair grew back in places where he had been shaved. Seacure saved his life. Now I'm a believer and I'm taking it!";
"Great product, service and price. Helps stop hair loss.";

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 am

The psychological implications of this study are also interesting. Could it be that some psycholgical disposition of those women who were perceiving their hair to be thinning was actually contributing to their lack of results? Was the fact that the control group likely didn't have any psychological complexes about their hair contributing to the perceived positive results? I think one's belief in the cure has a great deal to do with the efficacy of the cure.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

Huh. I used Viviscal for months a few years back and it did nada that I could tell. Looks like it's worth trying again. I was significantly more stressed out then than I am now, so maybe results will be different.

Or maybe the key is the words "temporary hair thinning". Mine's not temporary, that's for sure.

Or maybe anthony's right.

Guess we'll see. If I think it gives any results after a few months I'll report it. Thanks for the link to the cheaper product, CS!

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down