Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals

+35
mphatesmpb
Yanks
AboDi
m1234
Mastery
crincrin
Odysseus
Whip
ubraj
LA-Night
randle20
big mike
Hairbeback
gonzalito
GoodThings
Swimmy
tooyoung
NewReg
bobbyv
orwell
hapyman
europe
lund
Amaranthaceae
scottyc33
kijumn
chapat
Gibson
Prague
isaac
The Natural
Joejoebaggins
nidhogge
edony
CausticSymmetry
39 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals Empty A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:41 pm

Modified citrus pectin has been commercially available for a long while now. New research continues to confirm more and more impressive results with respect to chelating heavy metals without binding to essential minerals, and without any adverse effects.

What is so unusual about this is that it is not only well studied, but it's essentially the only natural chelator that has been evaluated in published human studies.

Forsch Komplementmed. 2007 Dec;14(6):358-64. Epub 2007 Dec 12.
Integrative medicine and the role of modified citrus pectin/alginates in heavy metal chelation and detoxification--five case reports.
Eliaz I, Weil E, Wilk B.

Amitabha Medical Clinic and Healing Center Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA. ieliaz@prodigy.net

Heavy metal body burden can contribute to chronic disease, as well as interfere with the body's capacity to recover from illness. The five case studies presented here show that reduction in toxic heavy metals (74% average decrease) was achieved without side effects, with the use of PectaSol modified citrus pectin (MCP) (EcoNugenics; Santa Rosa, CA, USA) alone or with an MCP/alginates combination. The gradual decrease of total body heavy metal burden is believed to have played an important role in each patient's recovery and health maintenance. This is the first known documentation of evidence of such results in a clinical report of case studies with possible correlation between clinical outcome and a reduction in toxic heavy metal load in patients using MCP and/or an MCP/alginate complex.

It's no safe that is has been used to chelate lead from children, with no adverse effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18616067

Here is an example of such a product:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7774&at=0

Here is an impressive study on the toxic metal excretion in healthy subjects:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16835878
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals Empty Re: A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals

Post  edony Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:22 am

I wanted to ask you about this product a couple of days ago when i was looking for a heavy metal chelator.
Do you think it can be compared to Humifulvate?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals Empty Re: A safe and effective approach to remove heavy metals

Post  nidhogge Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 am

Awesome IH! Thanks for this.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:21 am

I wish the reviewers posted actual results instead of "I feel more energy".

It's hard to believe that such quick results can be achieved using a product. All the research I've done indicates that heavy metals bury themselves deep in your organs and can take years to get out. I'm weary of any quick fix product.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:59 am

What can chelating heavy metals do for those with male pattern baldness? Well, according to Hans Rex, it can regrow your hair.

This article was contributed by a poster named Jacob:

"Initially, when I realised that some hair was regrowing on my well polished head, I was totally amazed - but quickly I realized a number of things. Hair is a bit like a plant. It has roots. These roots have to be supplied with nutrients and oxygen and water.

Irrigation pipes direct these 'three elements' to the root of the plant. If the pipes (arteries) block up (through the build up of calcium, for example), supply to the root of our hair is impaired. The result is a sickly plant - thinning hair.

That is easy to see.

There are a number of possible other reasons for hair loss: stress (reduces blood flow and hence reduction of the three essentials), hormonal imbalances and 'genetic' factors, metals and possibly others.

One very important factor is acids ! If the soil is acid trees are dying. If the body is acid hair is dying !

What does chelation have to do with hair loss and what actually is chelation ?
Chele is the Greek word for 'crabs claw'. The chelation molecule locks on to an ionic metal atom which has an electric charge (it is out of balance) like the claw of a crab and prevents the 'unhappy' atom from aggressively interacting with other atoms or molecules and producing avalanches of free radicals.

Another aspect is that when a metal atom is electrically charged it behaves a bit like the hair that gets attracted to a balloon which we rubbed against a woolen jumper ! It sticks to the body and the body cannot properly utilize the metal (like calcium, iron, copper, zinc etc.) or eliminate it (lead, mercury etc.).

Now these electrically active metals build up in unlikely areas - lead and aluminum in the brain, mercury in the nervous system - or calcium in our irrigation pipes (arteries) restricting the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the root of our hair ! The 'genetic factor' may be our inability to chelate calcium and other metals. More on 'chelation'

Hundreds of scientific articles deal with the way ionic metals produce free radicals ! More on ionic metals

Although I had lived a rather healthy life for many years I was shocked to see that my urine test sample showed always red !

Red indicates the presence of large amounts of ionic and free radical producing metals !

Today I am talking about 'good chelators' and 'bad chelators' and the IHMT can show us who can and who cannot chelate ionic metals.

What I had to realize was that I am a 'bad chelator'. The 'calcification' process must have started early in my life since my hair line receded when I was just 19 years old !

There are interesting observations with regards to other metals. It is known today that iron is the worst metal possible where free radical over production is concerned.

Women accumulate less iron than men due to their monthly blood loss. This may be (one) reason why women have less heart attacks and cancer (statistically) then men before they go through menopause. And this may also be (one) reason for a lower rate of baldness.

Free Radicals are oxidation products. More on Free Radicals

Do you know what happens when fats (cholesterol) oxidize or become ‘rancid’ ? They become ‘sticky’. They stick to your arterial walls and can cause strokes, heart attacks and so on and, of course in the case of hair, further prevent the proper supply of nutrients. With regards to hair something similar seems to be true. Just as we talk about 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol there seems to be 'good' and 'bad' Testosterone. The bad Testoterone (DHT) seems to have something to do with free radicals - and here we are back with ionic metals. The 'sticky' Testosterone clogs up the pores in the little sack around the hair root. Water, oxygen and nutrients find it hard to get through.

In this context it is interesting to study research on MMPs (Matrix Metallo Proteinase). And it is this principle, I am certain, which causes DHT.

So far we have tested approximately 15 people with total or partial hair loss. They ALL were either highly over acid (over 200% more acid than they should be) and/or showed extremely high levels of ionic metals !

Free radicals are blamed for all chronic diseases from rheumatism to arthritis, diabetes, asthma, allergies, autism and so on and on including cancer and ageing ( see links on our web site http://www.harmonology.com.au ).

This is all rather theoretical. Fact is that over the years I developed remedies ( clinically tested) which are designed to overcome the ‘metal problem’ - such as CH-7.

Finally – after developing the Ionic Heavy Metal Test (IHMT) I could SEE the problem. I could SEE how well or otherwise people could ‘chelate’ metals, stop these metals from over producing free radicals and clogging up arteries!

Every day I tested myself and every day my test return was bright red !

Somehow the penny dropped and I started to take the right amount of product to keep my test green – which means I chelated all ionic metals.

To my initial amazement I could see hair growing on my bald head like new grass growing after rain. I still do not have a full head of hair (see picture above), but I find it so exciting that it is possible to regrow hair naturally and (and truly scientifically) from within, so to speak, that I need to share this amazing experience with you.

Apart from the visible fact that my hair is regrowing, I feel absolutely certain that I will never die from a heart attack or a stroke because CH-77 keeps the ‘pipes’ clean and prevents my cholesterol from getting rancid !

And what about other chronic dis-eases ? I guess a lot of people would agree that a well maintained and clean motor will run a lot better - longer ! If we can keep the 'pipes' (arteries) clean all areas of the body will be supplied better with 'fresh water', oxygen and nutrients. Since free radical over production is reduced the system will not 'rust' (age) as quickly as it would otherwise.

Please keep in mind that CH-77 is not a drug. It does not create imbalances and has no side effects as clinical trials have shown.

Here is an interesting observation: most American web sites on hair loss and hair regrowth talk about drugs and do NOT attempt to educate people - most German web sites talk about natural means and educate people !! "

Please write to me if you have any questions: hans@harmonology.com.au

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:04 pm

nidhogge wrote:Awesome IH! Thanks for this.

Yes, I second that.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:33 pm

CS,

Now Foods have a 1lb powder of 100% pure MCP seems to be a much better deal...though it does not contain Modified Alginate. The studies are impressive and they used MCP alone.

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:07 am

in my point of view metals are the first cause of hairloss; it goes well with the theory of skin calcification, connection to heart diseas, etc

i rememeber having the best results when adopting a very large regimen (i started new things at that time like maca, kudzu) but also green clay and l-glutamine, parsley - they all remove heavy metals

when you take a look at things we use to fight hairloss there are some that chelate metals - ALA, taurine, l-glutamine, carnosine, NAC, chlorella and surely you'll help me with some others

i restarted green clay detox today - it's very cheap and efficient

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:21 am

note that green tea, pine bark are also potent metal (iron) chelators

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:46 am

and inositol, used for treating hairloss with some success is a strong chelator as well. Anyone supplementing with inositol? looks very good

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:51 am

Prague wrote:in my point of view metals are the first cause of hairloss; it goes well with the theory of skin calcification, connection to heart diseas, etc

i rememeber having the best results when adopting a very large regimen (i started new things at that time like maca, kudzu) but also green clay and l-glutamine, parsley - they all remove heavy metals

when you take a look at things we use to fight hairloss there are some that chelate metals - ALA, taurine, l-glutamine, carnosine, NAC, chlorella and surely you'll help me with some others

Prague, according to this none of what you listed is a chelator besides ALA and maybe cilantro. Most of those will make a metal toxic person WORSE because they stir up mercury and don't actually bind to it.

http://tinyurl.com/eo9ew

Cilantro
Patient reports do indicate it moves mercury around. This means that if you
use it properly it can detox you, and if you use it improperly you can
really mess yourself up. Unfortunately, there is no pharmacokinetic
information on the active ingredient in cilantro (nobody even knows what it
is) so you get to guess what dose and administration schedule is both safe
and effective. There is tons of pharmacokinetic information on alpha lipoic
acid, so my suggestion is to try LA, and if you just can't use that then to
try cilantro very carefully. I am NOT saying that cilantro is ineffective.
I believe cilantro is effective. I am saying that it is unwise to take
unnecessary risks by using cilantro instead of lipoic acid if you can indeed
use LA. -Andy Cutler
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:39 am

green tea, inositol

joejoebaggins

you're saying thesethings besides ALA will make a metal toxic person WORSE because they stir up mercury and don't actually bind to it

can you develop please? i dont see how chlorella or green clay or inositol could make things worse???
IH, any ideas?

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

Dr. Cutler says on page 89: "Therapeutic approaches currently offered by some practitioners but which should NEVER be used include: DMPS by injection except when oral administration is contraindicated and dosage is low, DMPS or DMSA on any schedule not involving frequent administration of equal doses for at least several days in a row, EDTA chelation, or penicillamine in any form. Supplementary cysteine, glutathione, or a "high sulfur" diet, or chlorella should NOT be used. All of these "therapies" will be VERY HARMFUL to you.

Chelation according to Andy Cutler, should be done in stints (3 days on every 3 hours 4 days off). When you take supplements like ALA to chelate they are "thiol supplements". This means the supp is mobilizing mercury. We take ALA (or/and DMSA) every 3 hours to grab ahold of mercury, not let go of it, and eventually excrete it.

When you take Chlorella, a high thiol food, you are stirring up mercury and not mobilizing it out of your system.

The foods mentioned on the 'food high thiol' list below, are ones that are metabolized in a specific sulfur pathway that causes the problems for mercury toxic people by increasing free thiol levels. These foods contain the free thiol groups that interact with and mobilize mercury inducing symptoms such as tiredness, emotional distress and other non-specific ailments.

All this info can be found in the book, Amalgam Illness.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am

JoeJoe,
You should preface your post by saying that that quote is aimed at those suffering from acute mercury poisoning. Then we might debate the validity of that approach. Personally, i have more pressing research to do since I do not suffer from such.

That said, the notion of avoiding sulphur/thiol containing supps and foods is absurd, particularly since many serve as precursers for glutathione and are critical to, I believe, the liver second stage detox pathway. If you don't think glutathione is important to well-being whatev.

For the rest, we should go out of our way to eat foods such as asparagus (a high thiol containing veg, a natural source of cysteine and methione), etc. I happened to have some for dinner which is why it comes to mind offhand.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 am

Gibson wrote:JoeJoe,
You should preface your post by saying that that quote is aimed at those suffering from acute mercury poisoning. Then we might debate the validity of that approach. Personally, i have more pressing research to do since I do not suffer from such.

That said, the notion of avoiding sulphur/thiol containing supps and foods is absurd, particularly since many serve as precursers for glutathione and are critical to, I believe, the liver second stage detox pathway. If you don't think glutathione is important to well-being whatev.

For the rest, we should go out of our way to eat foods such as asparagus (a high thiol containing veg, a natural source of cysteine and methione), etc. I happened to have some for dinner which is why it comes to mind offhand.

Gibson,

You say you don't have time to research heavy metals and that you don't suffer from them, then you tell me the idea of avoiding thiols is "absurd". Really?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Actually, that isn't what I said, referring to your paraphrase. Hint word: "acute"

You're so locked into the microcosm, you're misinterpreting what you read: the purpose of my quote and the one you took from that book which has obviously influenced your thinking.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Can this stuff break the blood brain barrier?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Pectasol or modified citrus pectin probably does not cross the blood-brain barrier. I do know that Humifulvate removes mercury from the brain significantly.

Acetyl L-Carnitine & Lipoic acid penetrates the blood blood barrier.

There are many "chelators" which are only substances that increase mobilization of toxins into the intestines, then true chelators will ensure that these are disposed of entirely.

Getting back to Pectasol, it has shown remarkable ability to reduce lead toxicity in children and these children do not have complete blood-brain barrier protection, so even if Pectasol cannot necessarily penetrate it, it may be the "missing piece" that helps the body get rid of it.

Humifulvate is nice, but it can take out essential minerals so for the sake of convenience, Pectasol is a lot easier.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm

The studies used 15g...I am going to use 5g but take a longer course. Now foods 1lb MCP powder will last 90 days at 5g.

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Gibson wrote:Actually, that isn't what I said, referring to your paraphrase. Hint word: "acute"

You're so locked into the microcosm, you're misinterpreting what you read: the purpose of my quote and the one you took from that book which has obviously influenced your thinking.

This is a thread about chelation and heavy metal toxicity, I shouldn't need to preface my post with anything. Acute? I'm talking about in all cases. If you have heavy metal toxicity which is a factor for anyone balding then thiol supps might HARM YOU. It explained why I didn't feel so great after taking NAC and R-Lipoic.

Yes! You are correct. I'm knee deep in research about heavy metal toxicity right now. It is a huge issue for me.

I have no idea how this turned into a battle with Gibson arguing about semantics. I apologize IH, I didn't mean to degrade what you had posted.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm

However, Wairora Liquid Zeolite also removes heavy metals while not removing essential minerals--I wonder which is more potent? Be nice if someone was able to test this out.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:30 pm

I thought this was an interesting article

"New Modified Citrus Pectin Slows Cancer Progression and Stops Cancer Cells in Their Tracks"

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2008_June_3/ai_n25473583
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:38 pm

isaac wrote:The studies used 15g...I am going to use 5g but take a longer course. Now foods 1lb MCP powder will last 90 days at 5g.

isaac,

I don't know how accurate this is but I came across this quote FWIW,

"If you want the effects seen in the clinical studies, you must take the preparation used in those studies, at the recommended dose of 15grams/day."

more info = http://vitanetonline.com/forums/1/Thread/358
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:36 am

joejoe,
Samantics never came into play. I questioned the context of the quote you put forth regarding avoiding thiol containing supps and foods. There is a big difference between treating an acute disease, etc, vs. providing support to one's body to heal. This is why at least one poster seems to be taking a lesser quantity of MCP, which is along the same lines of what I will do.

If NAC and ALA stirred up heavy metals in you, fair enough. How you can ascertain that, I dunno. If you have been diagnosed, I feel for you. Personally, NAC makes my gut uneasy and I have a bottle of Jarrow NAC sustain sitting in my closet unused because of this, along with Jarrow reservatrol synergy, etc. But that has nothing to do with heavy metals.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:53 am

isaac wrote:CS,

Now Foods have a 1lb powder of 100% pure MCP seems to be a much better deal...though it does not contain Modified Alginate. The studies are impressive and they used MCP alone.

..." reduction in toxic heavy metals (74% average decrease) was achieved without side effects, with the use of PectaSol modified citrus pectin (MCP) (EcoNugenics; Santa Rosa, CA, USA) alone or with an MCP/alginates combination "

CS do you think the powder from NOW food can serve the purpose?The product from Jarrows contains in full dose less than a gram of Pectasol.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next