Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch

5 posters

Go down

Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch Empty Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 am

I stopped oil pulling because I ran out of the oil, couldnt get to the store until maybe 4/5 days later. The itch returned and I was scratching and rubbing like I havent done for ages. I restarted oil pulling 3 days ago and itch has faded away again, I do also eat a tablespoon of the stuff after oil pulling for 20 min with it.

The itch is still there but barely noticeable unless I touch or wash my hair, so doing this isnt going to thicken your hair or any of that. But in my experience coconut oil definately has some, probably small affect on our scalp.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch Empty Re: Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch

Post  sanderson Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 am

Nuuu_Dx wrote:I stopped oil pulling because I ran out of the oil, couldnt get to the store until maybe 4/5 days later. The itch returned and I was scratching and rubbing like I havent done for ages. I restarted oil pulling 3 days ago and itch has faded away again, I do also eat a tablespoon of the stuff after oil pulling for 20 min with it.

The itch is still there but barely noticeable unless I touch or wash my hair, so doing this isnt going to thicken your hair or any of that. But in my experience coconut oil definately has some, probably small affect on our scalp.

why did you start oil pulling with coconut oil? isn't there some other oil that is commonly used for oil pulling? (i forget what the other one is called)

interesting stuff thoguh. so you just swish coconut oil for 20 minutes in your mouth then you spit it out thats it? im pretty sure coconut oil is a 5ar inhibitor so it makes sense that it would help you...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 am

Seaseme oil is the recommended one I think, but id read storys about people using coconut oil with good results. I couldnt find cold pressed seseme oil but I found organic cold pressed coconut oil in a store and just bought it and started.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 am

I've heard of people pulling with coconut and sunflower and other oils. CS posted somewhere that cold-pressed sunflower oil is anti-DHT I believe. Coconut oil is also high in lauric acid which is anti DHT. I haven't tried it, but I'm interested in hearing people's results - probably haven't done it because 20 minutes of swishing seems like a looong time. lol.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 am

It is a long time, but I do it on a morning on the loo while browsing the net lol, its over in no time!

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 am

I do it every day. Have been doing it for awhile. I started out doing 20 minutes, but now I just do it until the oil thins out. It's usually about 5-10 minutes tops. It's great for your teeth and your mouth and supposedly has other benefits for your body. It completely changed the health of my teeth/gums and whitened my teeth like nothing else.

Just put it on your mouth, swish it around for awhile - it will get thicker after a bit of this and then when it thins back out I think it's okay to spit it out. I'm not sure doing it for 20 minutes is totally necessary but if that's working for you then keep doing it.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  rickfowler Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Hair is very difficult to manage when its rough - the friction causes it to tangle easily, and makes it difficult to comb. So if you want hair that is easy to manage, you have to learn how to make it smooth, silky and shiny.
Don't overexpose the strands to the sun or any other harsh elements that may damage them. Manage the oil level of the hair.

I have read this tip while searching on Google. There are many good sites such as foundhair, hairlosshelp, hairrestoration, forhair and many more where you could find some interesting natural hair care tips and ideas. I would recommend you to read some online discussion forums, tutorials or take free online consultation with professional to get more information about new tips.

rickfowler

Back to top Go down

Coconut oil pulling and MPB itch Empty type of coconut oil?

Post  JDawg Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Just wondering what type of coconut oil people are using for pulling? I'm guessing extra virgin, coconut flavored kind of oil? I use refined for my cooking, still organic but it doesn't have the coconut taste.

Is there a difference in anyone's experience?

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:24 am

Organic extra virgin cold pressed

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down