Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Alopecia areata EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Alopecia areata EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Alopecia areata EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Alopecia areata EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Alopecia areata EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Alopecia areata EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Alopecia areata EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Alopecia areata EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Alopecia areata EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alopecia areata

+2
Amaranthaceae
MikeBison
6 posters

Go down

Alopecia areata Empty Alopecia areata

Post  MikeBison Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 am

Just being diagnosed by dermatologist and she inmediately put me on corticosteroids, any advice?

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Alopecia areata Empty Re: Alopecia areata

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 am

Thymuskin has 100% successrate for women and 69% for men.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:35 am

Well, alopecia areata she said, but Im not sure because I dont have bald spots on my head, just general thinning on head and body hair loss, no armpit hair and almost no beard. About that Thymuskin stuff I cant find so many reviews about it and it seems a bit expensive, but thanks for the advice. Any more tips?

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 am

MikeBison wrote:Well, alopecia areata she said, but Im not sure because I dont have bald spots on my head, just general thinning on head and body hair loss, no armpit hair and almost no beard. About that Thymuskin stuff I cant find so many reviews about it and it seems a bit expensive, but thanks for the advice. Any more tips?

topical white iodine is said to work great for AA. As far as i know it's anecdotal evidence, but its worth a try...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 am

MikeBison wrote:Well, alopecia areata she said, but Im not sure because I dont have bald spots on my head, just general thinning on head and body hair loss, no armpit hair and almost no beard. About that Thymuskin stuff I cant find so many reviews about it and it seems a bit expensive, but thanks for the advice. Any more tips?

Could it be alopecia areata incognita?

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 am

missymoo wrote:

Could it be alopecia areata incognita?
Dont think so cause I have been suffering from progressive thinning all over my scalp since I was 11-12, Its not a matter of weeks, I'm 29 now. Never had any armpit hair btw and thats weird, I have zero peach fuzz all over my body but I remember I had when I was a child.
However I still have some body hair in arms and legs, pubic hair seems intact. I suspect that maybe I have been suffering from chronic adrenal or/and thyroid issues since childhood? The no armpit/chest hair thing is what worries me most.

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

I wonder why she thinks it's alopecia areata? Is it because of the lack of peach fuzz? My derm gave me a script for steroid cream but I didn't fill it; that stuff does more harm than good.

Your situation seems similar to my bf, he has sparse hair on arms and legs, very little chest hair, little armpit hair, his beard only grows on the moustache and chin, no sideburns, also has a small bald patch on his beard which he believes to be caused by tooth infections. He's not worried about it and always thought it was just his genes. He said he had diffuse hair loss on the top of his scalp at one point but it went away on its own (lucky bastard), he thinks that was caused by low vitamin D from working nights.

It could be possible you've had thyroid/adrenal issues since you were a kid, I think my thyroid issues started when I got mercury fillings starting at age 6/7. I used to be tan when I was 6, even though my hair was reddish, by age 12 I was pale with dark circles no matter how much sleep I got. I was also very active but quit all my activities when I was 7 and became quite withdrawn and overly-emotional.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:37 am

Yeah she saw my naked torso and instantly said alopecia areata, IMO it doesnt matter whats the name of my disease cause one thing is clear, she told me that my body was attacking hair folicles, that was pretty obvious in her opinion, so I have an autoimmune condition. Now I have to find out what triggers that reaction in my body.. maybe heavy metals? Food sensitivities?

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 am

Definitely look at food intolerances; from what I've read from other peoples experience with autoimmune hair loss they found that they're gluten intolerant/sensitive and their hair loss resolves with the diet.

Heavy metals are bad news regardless of whether they're causing your hair loss, and from what I've learned here mercury helps candida build up which can't be good if you do have food sensitivity.

But also rule out any vitamin or mineral deficiencies as they can cause hair loss on the body as well. Some people have dealt with hair loss for years only to find they were deficient in zinc or vitamin D.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am

Maybe she meant the alopecia totalis form of alopecia areata. But it sounds premature, and she's a dermatologist. Autoimmune disorders usually are best diagnosed by rheumatologists, and the root cause needs to be confirmed or at least other possibilities ruled out for now (probably involving many blood tests). Some of the advice above is good, too.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Alopecia areata Empty Steroids accelerated my terminal regrowth

Post  KittyLaChatte Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am

I'm currently experiencing my second bout of alopecia. My first was extreme, I went from healthy hair to universalis in less than a week. I was offered no treatment due to the severity and made a complete natural recovery in 6-7 months, seeing my first white fuzzy regrowth in certain areas 2-3 months after the initial hairfall. This time around the hair loss is not as severe, kindof diffuse/patchy. I immediately received steroid injections to the patchy areas of hairloss, which greatly accelerated my regrowth rate, so that in one months time I have complete terminal regrowth in the treated patches (still experiencing a shed though). I'd recommend the steroid injections based on my experience with them, I have suffered no obvious side effects.

KittyLaChatte

Back to top Go down

Alopecia areata Empty RE:

Post  KittyLaChatte Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 am

MikeBison, see my recent post about Endorphins/Low Dose Naltrexone

So long as I'm not warned severely against it (my concerns are highlighted in the message), I'm going to ask my doctor for a prescription on Thursday.

All my research is pointing me in this direction for the autoimmune condition. I will post my experience.

KittyLaChatte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down