Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it

4 posters

Go down

I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it Empty I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 am

Wow...this must be new thread day for me. It's probably because I haven't been here in so long! I'm deathly afraid to take ANY PM because of sexual and possibly mental sides. After dealing with the hells of messing with my hormones with Avodart; I think i may have been permenently traumatized. My libido still isn't back to where it should be. I am going to take mega doses of Maca as it seems to be the new 'trend'..JK...but I am!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it Empty Re: I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 am

Jharsh, I dont know about that drug you mention, but PM Kudzu is not dangerous. It does not mess with your
hormones, since it only works on the receptors. That way if you stop taking it you will be back to normal after
just 12-24 hours. This is according to Dr. Schwartz, there is a video with him in another thread.

Personally I think that PM Kudzu is great and it has benefits no other stuff has, namely that it can restore
color to greying hair. If you really are afraid of trying it then maybe it is best to wait until another time
when you feel more comfortable.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it Empty Re: I still have PM lying around but I'm afraid to take it

Post  nidhogge Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I second cpio here! Well-put bud.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:51 am

cpio wrote:... It does not mess with your hormones, since it only works on the receptors. That way if you stop taking it you will be back to normal after just 12-24 hours...

Man - this does not sound right, you cannot deal with hormones individually ~ these are linked to soooooooo many things that I do not even think Science knows about even 25% of it. For us to think that it is "Only a receptor", is at best being naive.

A case in point is SSRI - after decades of chronic use and being given away like candysto millions of people world wide, researches still do not know how it works at the receptor levels and all what it manifests. Yes they know that it blocks the reuptake, but then it tinkers with many of the 5HT1 and 5HT2 receptors. Serotonin as a master transmitter is not fully known as to how it all relates to all the things it controls and affects in human body. So SSRI is a reuptake receptor blocker ~ in theory you stop it and you will be back in business after say 2-5 days, right? - WRONG. This can mess you up for life, read the horror stories all over the net regarding PAXIL, ZOLOFT, and other SSRI usage.

You may be right in thinking that it is just a receptor blocker ~ but during the time that receptor is blocked, what down stream impact it creates *may* be unknown. Nothing is as benign as it seems...especially true when dealing with hormones...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 am

lund--

You're speaking of drugs vs. herbs. Huge difference. Drugs are designed to tackle certain individual concerns, whereas herbs take a holistic, full-spectrum approach. Again, we have centuries of Thai use to back up the safety and efficacy of PM, not to mention Dr. Sandford Schwartz' studies.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:25 am

Sure, my post had nothing to do with PM and its efficacy...

I was merely pointing out the flaw (in my view) in the rationalization.

And I think another flaw is this "Hollistic" approach ~ does not matter how you slice and dice - supplements, drugs, vitamins, herbs ~ they all can be harmful, can be dangerous, and can have serious issues. Some drugs are benign as well, like some herbs or vitamins. If you take an herb, it does not always mean you are any safer...perhaps drugs are more prone to being the bad guys compared to herbs, but there is no free ride here...

nidhogge wrote:lund--

You're speaking of drugs vs. herbs. Huge difference. Drugs are designed to tackle certain individual concerns, whereas herbs take a holistic, full-spectrum approach. Again, we have centuries of Thai use to back up the safety and efficacy of PM, not to mention Dr. Sandford Schwartz' studies.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:28 am

Oh, you're right lund, no doubt about that. I'm just a firm believer that everything on the Earth naturally has a purpose for us that we can benefit from, and that if we follow the advice of those that have been making proper use of these herbs for centuries or thousands of years, then we can benefit as well. Drugs, on the other hand, work in an entirely different manner and rarely rectify the actual problem--moreso mask it. Just my personal viewpoint on it all.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down