Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2?

+6
niff1250
rofl
saahil
Nuuu_Dx
LawOfThelema
shaftless
10 posters

Go down

So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? Empty So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2?

Post  shaftless Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:52 am

All along we've been told that dihydrotestosterone was the culprit for hairloss. And now it's been confirmed (back in march) that pgd2 is the main problem. Can we forget about blocking hormones and concentrate on the pgd2? Is pdg2 and dihydrotest* somehow working together? Unless they can come up with a cheap version of equol we may just have to wait for the pdg2 blocking drugs that are now in trials. How long do you think we have to wait for them to hit the market?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? Empty Re: So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2?

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 pm

it's both. transcript involved in pgd production is a testosterone sensitive one.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? Empty Re: So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2?

Post  Nuuu_Dx Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Yea its both, im not a doctor or anything but I think the DHT is the final part of the chain.

For example if your wall is damp and the plaster falls off, the DHT would be behind the plaster, so you put a lining behind the plaster and you have a nice wall again (DHT inhibitor). BUT behind the plaster, behind the lining the bricks are still damp (PGD2) and eventually will degrade the lining and your plaster will fall off again. So by fixing the PGD2 we make the DHT less effective..... I think.

DHT is probably just the tip of the iceberg, PGD2 is probably just the surface underneath the tip, there will be something behind that PGD2 no doubt. IMO it has to go deeper into hormonal balance over all well being of the body. I cant help but think that MPB is just a symptom of an underlying problem. For example I personally feel that my estrogen levels are higher than they should be, thats just by looking at smyptoms etc but it fits perfectly.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Instead of baseless speculation, I suggest taking the time out to learn about estrogen and hair:

http://edrv.endojournals.org/content/27/6/677.full.pdf+html

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

So which is it? Testosterone or PGD2? Empty desperation ......

Post  saahil Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Guysssss,

Will there ever be a effective cure for baldness??????

Tight Galea, DHT, PGD2,Expansion of skull, Harmones....

will they ever find one?????????

How longggggggggggggggggggggg to waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

saahil

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:52 pm

[quote]Unless they can come up with a cheap version of equol we may just have to wait for the pdg2 blocking drugs that are now in trials. How long do you think we have to wait for them to hit the market?[/quote]

we dont have to wait. they have the drugs now, but they r used as anti histamines.
As far as i know they r not trialing new drugs to block PGD2, they are just going to make topicals of the existing drugs such as zyrtec (cetrizine). I have my doubts wether it will work though, elevated PGd2 in balding scalps doesnt neccessarily mean if we block it, it will cure baldness, there could be hundreds of chemicals elevated in balding scalps.

if interested there is people on hairlosshelp currently trying to block PGD2 topically.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 am

At hairlosshelp they havent started using PGD2 blocker yet, they have only just managed to get it sourced and made. They have began buying it but not using it yet.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Well crap! If cetrizine is already available over-the-counter in Reactine and Zyrtec...then why can't we just crush a few pills and dissolve them in a bottle of rogaine?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 pm

rofl wrote:
Unless they can come up with a cheap version of equol we may just have to wait for the pdg2 blocking drugs that are now in trials. How long do you think we have to wait for them to hit the market?

we dont have to wait. they have the drugs now, but they r used as anti histamines.
As far as i know they r not trialing new drugs to block PGD2, they are just going to make topicals of the existing drugs such as zyrtec (cetrizine). I have my doubts wether it will work though, elevated PGd2 in balding scalps doesnt neccessarily mean if we block it, it will cure baldness, there could be hundreds of chemicals elevated in balding scalps.

if interested there is people on hairlosshelp currently trying to block PGD2 topically.

But the landmark study in Science Translational Medicine showed a causal relation. several times elevated PgD2 and it's synthase pgdts in bald scalp was just the start, then they found a few other things: prior to catagen phase even in normal normal pgdts and pgd2 increase in a temporal fashion: that is the catagen follows in time the activity of those (they dont just co-occur, pgdts and pgd increase prior to the resting of the hair... suggest causality, not just correlation), so it appears they are inducing in some way resting phase of the hair, AND finally to really prove causation they showed PGD2 applied to cultured human hair inhibits growth. preventing the PGD2 binding the receptor would very likely positively alter the balding process whether it is by slowing or halting loss, or by facilitating regrowth.

the fellow who sourced our group buy is working on a PgE/PgD balancing solution.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  niff1250 Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 am

Law, are you going to try OC000459 ?

niff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:33 am

in time i will try someting to address PGD2. it may be OC, it may be something else.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rhondagraymond Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Hair loss occurs when testosterone levels are uncharacteristically high. I don’t have much info about any PGD2 hair loss cure, but I know that using test boosters such as Ageless Male doesn’t cause any such unwanted side effects. This product raises the levels of free testosterone in the body notching it up just the right bit till it reaches an acceptable range, so you needn’t be too worried about any side effects. You can check out for yourself Ageless Male scam reviews because it only contains natural ingredients that are totally safe and reliable.

rhondagraymond

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:30 pm

piss off u clown, u think merely mentioning a product is going to make us all run out and buy it. get the f*** out of our f***in faces u f***ing clown
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:39 am

Testosterone is likely the precursor that leads to elevated PGD2 levels in scalp follicles. Why? Many FTM transsexuals, under androgen hormone therapy, start suffering from MPB in the same way as normal guys do. Yet prior to the hormone therapy, they grew hair without problems.

If the problem was solely related to PGD2, then wouldn't women suffer from MPB in equal measure to men? Women generally don't suffer from MPB unless there is a marked increase in progesterone or an abnormal production of androgens.

I think that DHT causes overproduction of acidic sebum within the hair follicle; this strong oleic acid then begins to irritate the hair bulge and inflammatory PGD2 targets this region -- destroying hair producing cells within the bulge.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 am

saahil wrote:Guysssss,

Will there ever be a effective cure for baldness??????

Tight Galea, DHT, PGD2,Expansion of skull, Harmones....

will they ever find one?????????

How longggggggggggggggggggggg to waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

Simply relaxing the scalp muscles cures it. BUT the only current method PROVEN to work involves Botox..
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 am

All these new hair loss ideas like PGD2 and others are guys mixing their own stuff together or are company's selling them?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 pm

well, obviously companies are selling the raw ingredients (research chemical supply companies) but people mix their own solutions

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down