Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2

+3
AS54
theseeker86
millbag
7 posters

Go down

CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 Empty CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2

Post  millbag Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:31 am

The possible link between dihydrotestosterone and Prostaglandin d2 and its receptors:

[size=12]"Intriguingly, PTGDS is a highly testosterone responsive transcript, which further suggests its importance in AGA"
"PGD2 is thought to play a central role in male gonadal sex determination."

source:Prostaglandin D Inhibits Hair Growth and Is Elevated in Bald Scalp of Men with
Androgenetic Alopecia
- ncbi.nlm.nih.go

millbag

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 Empty Re: CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2

Post  theseeker86 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 am

So testosterone is bad?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 Empty Re: CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2

Post  AS54 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 am

I mentioned this the other day, but I wasn't aware that the actual hormone could effect the transcript. I was aware that androgen could lead to PGD2 production through degranulation of mast cells and interaction with WBC's and other fibroblasts and keratinocytes in the hair follicle. But I thought it was a matter of simply increasing the arachidonic acid metabolism. This is a whole new thing. Good find. More evidence that hairloss is the abnormal escalation of normal processes, which also means we can't have a reliable hair loss cure by simply turning them off on a systemic basis. So to Seeker, it all depends on the context. Testosterone is good in many contexts, but bad to some degree in the hair follicle when these processes are escalated there.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:46 am

this doesn't mean anything. It operates in a same way for balding and non-balding people, it's just that the result (elevated PGD2) is a different result for those balding. anyone seen this? http://www.pgd2blockers.com/

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 am

What are all the pgd2 blockers, and are there side effects to significantly blocking this?

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 Empty pathway

Post  millbag Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 am

The point is: both (dht and pgd2) may share a common pathway, and that pgd2 and its receptor may be further down (that pathway). Do I need to spell it out any more, or is everybody stunned except anthonyspencer54?

millbag

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION BETWEEN TESTOSTERONE AND PGD2 Empty overandout

Post  millbag Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm

AND YES numbnuts, DHT is a form of testosterone - the type that causes baldness in those susceptible.

The individual who has a greater propensity towards baldness may have more GPR44 receptors than his haired counterpart.

Man, you guys really overthink things here and try to complicate matters.

If you want to play doctor, go to medical school.

millbag

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm

theseeker86 wrote:So testosterone is bad?

All androgens inhibit hair growth to an extent, but testosterone is rather irrelevant when DHT's affinity to bind the androgen receptor is something like 5 times greater than T.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:47 pm

J987 wrote:What are all the pgd2 blockers, and are there side effects to significantly blocking this?

Hydrocortisone, OC000459, Aspirin, Cetirizine (zyrtec), and more generally: anti-histamine type drugs.

For natural substances, then aloe vera (has salicylic acid, among other things), omega-3 fatty acids, essential oil of thyme, quercetin.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:29 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:
All androgens inhibit hair growth to an extent, but testosterone is rather irrelevant when DHT's affinity to bind the androgen receptor is something like 5 times greater than T.

Yeah, i was just wondering because I've been increasing my t levels lately and i haven't experienced any increased hair loss or inflammation so i was just curious whether or not it was actually bad.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 pm

theseeker86 wrote:

Yeah, i was just wondering because I've been increasing my t levels lately and i haven't experienced any increased hair loss or inflammation so i was just curious whether or not it was actually bad.

how were you increasing your T levels?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:06 pm

well i take mirtazapine (for insomnia) which has a really strong affinity for the histomine receptor (as an antagonist), yet hairloss is a common side effect. Do u think the fact that anti-histomines block PGD2 would mean that mirtazapine actually is beneficial for mpb?
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:15 pm

moby wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:

how were you increasing your T levels?

Vit D, toco 8 and also taking DIM is helpful since it lowers the bad estrogen. Also when i actually manage to not be paranoid about my hair I'll do some exercise involving weights which helps to some extent.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Anxious, histamine isn't the only factor that can upregulate PGD2, but if histamine is a problem, it is important to deal with it. Methylation issues are often a problem with histamine issues.

Seeker,
What are you using to measure you increase in T? Are you actually getting tested or going on observations? I actually found DIM to be a poor product for myself. I found after a week or so of being on it, my libido all but disappeared and no more morning erections. I understand estrogen levels are important for male libido as well, so I wonder if I knocked them down too much, or if they were low to begin with.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:
Seeker,
What are you using to measure you increase in T? Are you actually getting tested or going on observations? I actually found DIM to be a poor product for myself. I found after a week or so of being on it, my libido all but disappeared and no more morning erections. I understand estrogen levels are important for male libido as well, so I wonder if I knocked them down too much, or if they were low to begin with.

Haven't noticed any poor effects from dim, not yet anyway. As for T measuring i'm going by my substantial increase in energy, high libido and very strong erections/morning wood, also I'm noticing I'm loosing weight a lot easier then before i was taking those supplements in combination and my diet hasn't changed at all.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down