Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Some men look better bald EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Some men look better bald EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Some men look better bald EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Some men look better bald EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Some men look better bald EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Some men look better bald EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Some men look better bald EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Some men look better bald EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Some men look better bald EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Some men look better bald

+7
blueman99
sanderson
CobaltBlue
Espio
LawOfThelema
AS54
Hairbeback
11 posters

Go down

Some men look better bald Empty Some men look better bald

Post  Hairbeback Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 am

I don't know if this is worth a thread, but it is true some men just look better bald. I am going bald receding hairline bald on top and on the crown. I usually shave it low....recently someone put a picture up of me with hair and I got a handful of comments saying I look better bald. The picture was from when I was younger....I just have that bald man swagger. If you got the look rock it I noticed getting more eyes from the ladies.....it actually helps me build confidence because if I can still pull women when bald over men with hair it quietly builds your confidence!

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Some men look better bald Empty Re: Some men look better bald

Post  AS54 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:51 am

Hell yeah HBB. Good for you man. I'm not sure if the look will suit me, but I'm getting more comfortable
with the idea of it. There are a ton of people who look great bald. I think it has a lot to do with head shape, jaw structure, and of course how you carry yourself. It sounds cheesy but the way you accept yourself has a lot to do with the way others will view you. I've seen it plenty in my own experience. I know guys, who if I looked like I'd probably be self conscious but they aren't and it shows, they get attractive women. I have to believe its because they just don't give a fuck and that security is attractive. Glad to hear you like the look. For me, I have a pretty feminine face. For a long time I always got the "pretty boy" comment and I think if I'm shaved I'm going to look like a baby, haha. Certainly won't get the pretty boy comment anymore though, so maybe it'll help me look more masculine too.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah there is no doubt a completely clean shaved head looks good on a lot of people. I am glad you are getting positive feedback!

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:01 pm

I think the Asiatic balding pattern can look pretty cool bald with the rest of it long.

Some men look better bald 1719597838759694

But I have the Nordic balding pattern and I don't think that pattern looks great with long hair:

Some men look better bald Devintownsend

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CobaltBlue Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Devin Townsend rules. That is all.

CobaltBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Espio wrote:I think the Asiatic balding pattern can look pretty cool bald with the rest of it long.

Some men look better bald 1719597838759694

But I have the Nordic balding pattern and I don't think that pattern looks great with long hair:

Some men look better bald Devintownsend

Skullet Twisted Evil

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Yes I agree some do look better bald. Honestly, now that my hair is getting worse, I now have a plan to get ripped up as much as possible. The muscles will counteract the balance from the missing hair lol.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Do it bro get that positive feedback.....its a weird paradoxical way it can help some with their confidence.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 pm

First off I think your in Denial. I dont think anyone on earth would rather choose to be bald then have hair. Hair looks better on 99.99999 percent of men.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 am

I can imagine it can be very liberating to shave the head! no more worries!
I did a 1 blade all over before & it did not suit me! just to get a preview if you like.
Eventually if my hairloss gets really bad, I will shave it all off!
But yea I agree defo looks good on some dudes. I belive also that if you lose your hair . . . you need to compensate for looks somewhere else in the body, a healthy, muscular body is always good!
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 am

I'm not in denial and no hair doesn't look better on 99.99 percent of men that is your opinion stop responding with your ego. The face looks more masculine without hair and your features ca stand out. You are probably just use to seeing people with hair ever since you were born.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:59 am

Look at Devin Townsend in the above photo still holding onto his hair. Then this one. Tell me he doesn't look 10 times better. The fact is, if you are at that point, its almost always going to be better to let it go.

Some men look better bald Buzz-Devin-Townsend-1-Photo-by-Erich-Saide
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  steventerrell Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Personally i think i would matter on the form of your head and your confidence in yourself but yeah a lot of people look better bald. It's a matter of how you look at it.

steventerrell

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm

CobaltBlue wrote:Devin Townsend rules. That is all.

I agree, witnessed his concert yesterday... cyclops
And shaving makes him more polite. But still couldnt get rid of the thoutht he should get his hair back...Smile

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:26 am

All the best players have/had full heads of hair like randy roads,Eddie van halen,jake e lee,yngwie malmsteen,Jimmie page,tony imomi,mustaine,Steve Harris(bass),dime bag,Chris Olivia,John Sykes,duane allmen,glen Tipton,George lynch,Santana,Chuck schuldiner and others. I'm not really up on current metal but I bet the trend is the same. It seems the better the guys hairline is/was the better player he was. Could there be somthing to this nuerolgically? I'm not saying bald guys can't be good players but most of the legends have had great hair. And fuck Zack Wylde he may have hair but he is a garbage player. And yes I know satriani is a virtuoso but that's one dude.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 am

Vince,

It is interesting to note this, perhaps there is some sociological thing happening here. But I truly doubt there is any association between hair loss and some neurological component that would effect one's ability to be great at the guitar. Its really just a coincidence that these greats also had a good head of hair.

Many of them are the stars because of certain circumstances. Randy (my personal favorite) became the star he was because of the lucky shot he got with Ozzy. Eddie became the star he was because of the dynamic things he was doing with the instrument and his sound setup. They each had unique aspects about them, and unique opportunities. And no doubt, in an age where big hair was predominant, it probably helped them get those opportunities. Its not that bald guys out there were just as good at guitar, but in that era of rock and roll, they probably weren't getting the opportunities to showcase it as often, simply because men needed to look like chicks in terms of hair back then.

And how might this have discouraged a bald guy with great potential from pursuing that career? I mean what makes someone approach the guitar in the first place? It's probably that teen angst and rock and roll attitude and that dream of being like the rock gods before them, so a bald guy might be discouraged right off the bat. A bald guy might be lacking in the confidence it took for those greats to get where they were, i.e. taking big shots. But set aside the psychological things that might contribute, there really is probably nothing physical that would effect their ability to be just as great. Sometimes the people who get to those places of fame and fortune aren't the best at all, of course they are amazing, but sometimes its a matter of great opportunity and just showing up. I'm not sure if I was a bald guy, I would have showed up to Ozzy's tryouts for a guitarist. Back then, it would have been a crime to have a bald guitarist haha.

But you are also used to seeing those greats in a prime time of their life also. All of them were at their peak as musicians in their 20s or 30s (well Jimmy held on to his hair pretty damn well, but he sold his soul remember) so you were seeing them at an age when hair loss doesn't typically become very noticeable. Not to mention they all had their hair fluffed and feathered so much it was insane. Take a look at Steve Vai now, noticeably thinning. Kirk Hammet, definitely going. George Lynch (probably third favorite ever)....also thinning pretty bad. What is odd though is the case of Ozzy, for all the talk here about lifestyle damaging hair, this man has probably led one of the most unhealthy existences of all time and at an very old age he still has pretty good hair.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 am

I think George still looks unbelievable for his age and eddies hairline is absolutely perfect at the age of 59. The biggest shock to me was jake e lee. Jake used to have thick hair down to his ass now he still has it long but it's deff thinning. I still think there is somthing to my idea. Someone should check for pictures of bach and Beethoven and other brilliant musical minds and see how many were bald. Most if not all the guys I named had great hair well into there 30s at least which is better than I would have had without Finn and multiple supps so to me all those guys including vai and Hammett had great hair. I feel that once I hit my late 40s I won't care as much about my hair cause it will be more expected

Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 am

Yeah I hear you there, and the trend kind of speaks to some of the other threads that have come up in recent months regarding men starting to lose younger and younger. Your point about all of them having thick hair until later years is absolutely true. Hell, even Satriani had hair until he got a bit older.

And as far as George, yeah he looks great for his age. He can still shred and he obviously stayed in the gym because the guy is jacked for an older man.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:23 am

more hair = less neurotic obsession = less depression = possible more creative / more confident

and people with more hair look more attractive, more likely to get media attention to become a sensation etc

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:15 am

LOL, rock debate here, i should fit in...

I also see the correlation between good hairline with awesome hair and good career in metal/rock world. Not because it means those guitarist are more skillful, but cause hair is strong symbol in this kind of music. That means lack of hair is a good filter for bald skillful guitarist being good in their rooms practicing and wondering about what's would be like if. Know a few of those guys... I agree good hair symbols good health, but it's not something that should be the first indicator for skill.

I think selection is also based on physical appearance since eyes are buying, eyes are judging, and eyes do also the listening in rock, cause performance on stage is something really important for the audience who many time find his idols in the individuals on stage.

LOT, i have another look on creativity, despite knowing it represents relaxed state of individual. Agree on confidence, etc.

Speaking of music, we should be also speaking about creativity what's another thing that might be the only more important thing than amount of hair in guitar world, lol. Creativity is to make connections between pieces that look unconnectable. There is a quite a few ways to do it, since amount of peaces is technically endless. But it's something ill brain might have easier way to do as healthy, imo. This is cause it's about breaking the rule to make a new one. It's well known that some extraordinary piece of music were written when disease was present in writter. Lyme is one of well knowns, ADHD is another.

Few guys you probably know for example as i see it right now. Still, dont take it too seriously, cause i would just like to have some fun:D...

Chuck Schuldiner had various mental problems despite his creativity and overall intelligence. He suffered from severe depression many times, for example. His last creations i like the most (Symbolic, Sound of perserverance) he wrote when he already had brain cancer. Healthy indivudal with cancer? And he was also loosing his hair on the temples as well.

Another is Jeff Waters from Annihilator. I listened to several interviews and find him a bit ADHDish. I can almost smell those people, being a bit ADHD myself. If one doesnt know what's like - listen to Brain dance, and you will hear some deviations from normality that might be forced by lack of dopamine, etc. Is Jeff sick? No. He's great.
Mustaine is also not symbol of good mental health, never was, but i wont try to diagnose him, he's too complex bastard.
Another one is first BALD person described - Devin Townsend. His style could be described as pleasant epic brutality, and it is where his bipolar disorder comes into equation and driving his life. He admited it publicly and he looks pretty messed up by it, despite his genius that seem to overcome all the problems.
In rock world Jimi Hendrix was very obssesed person, spetially when recording his music. His music is many times about extending the moment instead of representing many ideas in one song that we could be talking about OCD. The endless perfection can describe also Tosin Abbasi from Animals As Leaders and his impossible guitar technique who sounds like this. Dont listen to his music unless want to be raped by the sickest jazz metal guitarist, though. Michael Romeo of Symphony X is another. He's so fat that we could seriously talk about serious health problems, etc. He has full head of hair. There are many others that fit this group. Perfectionism is a skill, but it depends on when and why. Also Tesla was OCD and Rafa Nadal is.
He's winning with it even Federer who fights with creativity instead - ADHD? Rafa seems to stopped his hairloss, Roger is definetly loosing his hair. But not in some agressive way, etc.

Dont think any of those guys are clean, but i really dont think anybody really is. It's where you draw the line to make one look like sick. The point is that their geniuses can express those predispositions in a way so the others can look at it and experience what they couldnt produce by themselves alone. I dont think any of those guitarists bothers about paralels between how they work and what might diagnose them, until something affect their hair, lol... I feel sorry for Devin, yesterday he said on the concert: ''speaking of the Truth'' and he started to brush his bald head, lol. I dont think it's coincidence, but i might be wrong. His frontman skills and uniqueness deserves more audience...:/

Ozzy Osbourne. I have to let him a few words. I cant even imagine of what lifestyle he had with all the drugs, alcohol and rock'n'roll philosophy regimen he put in his practice for his lifetime. He might be so sick that also disease is affraid to get near him. And dont forget his full head of hair. He's very worthy for the science, but dont think we should learn directly from him, at least i love my hair so much that wont try to try it, not for a day, lol.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 am

Those guys are players because they are rich and famous. In reality they are all ugly....true story brah. How can half loss effect your looks when your face remains the same? I'm going bald and still get more girls then my friends and I don't even shave it.....Vin Diesal is Balding and he is better looking then Yanni and probably gets more ass then he does to. Its how you carry yourself. You guys are just insecure you just want hair because your scared you cant get women......thats not manly, step it up and stop acting like a women. If a women doesn't like your hair loss tell them the truth 95 percent them look scary without make-up

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 am

Hairbeback,

Haha. I absolutely agree with everything you said. Between two given people, one with hair and one without, objectively you could say not having hair is more of a flaw. But there are many, many potential flaws in the human body. Losing hair is just one of them. If you are attractive in other respects, you will still be attractive with or without hair. Its a sum game. And we know that there are many non-physical attributes that can be attractive, especially the case for men.

And the fact is, as men, the way we carry ourselves is probably the biggest case for our level of attraction, so I agree completely. Its when we give away our sense of entitlement and display that what others think is more important to us than what we think of ourselves, that we lose that value. Ideally, we should find our self worth in something other than our hair.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down