Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyToday at 6:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor

5 posters

Go down

Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor Empty Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor

Post  Zaphod Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Study: 290% Increased Risk of Brain Tumor After 10 Years of Cellphone Use
http://naturalsociety.com/290-increased-risk-of-brain-tumor-10-years-cellphone-use/ Anthony Gucciardi
NaturalSociety
September 6, 2012

How long have you been using your cellphone? Using a mobile device for any length of time is damaging to some degree, but new research is shedding light on just how significant of an influence extended cellphone use has on the brain. In a newly-released study conducted at the Örebro Hospita in Sweden, it was revealed that 10 years of cellphone use resulted in an average 290% increased risk of brain tumor development. Interestingly, the tumor development was found on the side of the head in which the cellphone was most used.

It’s important to understand that cellphone use has gone up significantly since 10 years ago, meaning that more recent results may show an even higher risk. Statistically, the average person in Britain and many other developed nations will soon have about 2 cellphones each. With the increased number of cellphones on the citizens of the world comes something known as **second-hand cellphone use**. Just as with smoking, sitting in a bus, airplane, or train will expose you to upwards of several hundred cellphones at one time.

Another key factor is that 10 years ago far less young children were using cellphones –a select few having them as **emergency** contact devices. Now, it*s not uncommon to see children under 10 chatting or texting on their cellphone throughout the day. It is a well known fact that developing children are more affected by cellphone radiation, with behavioral disorders known to develop from cellphone use at an early age. It is also known that cellphone radiation is actually changing the brain in ways that are not currently understood.

In other words, the large-scale global use of cellphones is essentially a massive biological experiment. The true long-term effects will only be absolutely known when they occur. Following the research, this will likely be a historical spike in brain tumor development and damage.

As you certainly know, the best way of protecting yourself from cellphone radiation is to simply not use it. When turning the phone off, it reduces the emission rate close to zero.

What can be done:
-use speaker option to increase the distance of radiation
-turn your phone off - at least at night
-put it airplane mode instead of silent mode
-radiation protection options for your phone model.

source
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22939605?dopt=Abstract

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor Empty Re: Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor

Post  Hali-L Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:45 am

great post.
I had a discussion with my old physics lecturer one time about the dangers of RF radiation. She had a doctrine in radioactivity so I really wanted to get her opinion. she said it didnt have the penetrating ability of other forms of radiation. I still had my doubts in what she said to me. I restict the use & promimity of my mobile at all times. Mind you I think in the US the threshold for mobile SAR is less in the US than here in Europe! I dont get that at all! I think the mobile masts hold one of the greatest dangers of all. their output is vast.

Just to mention the modems that most of us have in our homes emit high levels of rf radiation, which is why I always turn of the wi-fi in my home when I'm not using it. this is a powerful form of electromagnetic rad, even if you read the health & safety manual supplied with most routers... it will advise you not to be within 20 cm of it, for fear of close exposure or penetration. wi-fi is everwhere, colleges, cafes, shops, homes. Since our exposure to all these sources is only in recent years.. we really dont know what damage is being done in the long run. Our bodies are absorbing this radiation constantly . . best to limit exposure as much as we can.

btw agree totally with the recommendations to limit exposure.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor Empty Re: Cell phone increases risk of brain tumor

Post  sanderson Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 am

Hali-L wrote:great post.

Just to mention the modems that most of us have in our homes emit high levels of rf radiation, which is why I always turn of the wi-fi in my home when I'm not using it. this is a powerful form of electromagnetic rad, even if you read the health & safety manual supplied with most routers... it will advise you not to be within 20 cm of it, for fear of close exposure or penetration. wi-fi is everwhere, colleges, cafes, shops, homes. Since our exposure to all these sources is only in recent years.. we really dont know what damage is being done in the long run. Our bodies are absorbing this radiation constantly . . best to limit exposure as much as we can.

btw agree totally with the recommendations to limit exposure.

do you have a source on the radiation and the modem becasue i sit next to my wifi modem literally everyday?

also, this is why i have a flip phone and only use it on speaker phone nad try to keep it out of my pocket. why out of my pocket?

To arrive at their findings, researchers collected semen samples from 32 men and divided each man's sample into two parts. They placed half of the semen samples 2.5 centimeters away from a 850 MHz frequency cell phone in talk mode for one hour. Most cell phones used in the U.S. are 850-900 MHz. They chose this distance because it is the typical distance between the testes and the trouser pockets.

Previous research from the same group showed that radiofrequency electromagnetic waves emitted from cell phones can impair sperm quality, and the new study shows why this may occur. Semen exposed to radiofrequency electromagnetic waves emitted from cell phones had higher levels of damaging free radicals, lower sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to move and swim) and sperm viability (the percentage of live sperm), and possibly greater oxidative stress, the study shows. There were no significant differences in DNA damage between the exposed and unexposed groups.
http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20080919/cell-phone-use-linked-male-infertility

cant find the stuyd right now... but found an article on it

edit.. just turned my wireless off becuase i have read here many times about wifi.. damn why have i been leaving it on and literally sitting next to it for housr a day for at least a year lol. dumb.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 am

sanderson wrote:
do you have a source on the radiation and the modem becasue i sit next to my wifi modem literally everyday?

There are several reasons but the easiest one to remember is that frequencies over 400 MHz stimulate cancer cells.

But it's not just WiFi. WiFi is such a just a tiny fraction compared to other issues. For example, almost all cordless phones are on 100% of the time even though there is no phone. So if one has 4 cordless phones in the house, it's as if there are 4 WiFi routers in the home.

There are two brands that are not on unless a call is being placed. Or can use the older style cordless phones that operate at the lower 800 MHz range or so but the reception isn't as good. Or of course there is corded phones.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

absolute risk is still low. but expect this risk to keep going up. we are in the world of distributed wireless computing. even washers and dryers connect to telecommunications netowrks in todays world.

and does grounding minimize this risk? seems it would.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osxIMP8k1ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1nl9GNpUU

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down