Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Gynecomastia surgery? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gynecomastia surgery?

3 posters

Go down

Gynecomastia surgery? Empty Gynecomastia surgery?

Post  Yanks Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 am

So I've had gyno since I can remember... it's gotten worse (when I started messing with dht inhibitors) and better (when i stopped that and learned about how my diet affects it)... It was to the point that it was close to non-existent, but if I start eating sugar, milk products or come in contact with estrogenic substances (like peppermint or lavender oil... actually stopped uknosing arm and hammer's natural deodorant bc i realized there was lavender in it and i would feel it effecting gyno negatively).

I've been struggling to stay consistent with diet for the past year or so, with good strecthes where i make a lot of progress and then a weekend of nutritional debauchery that messes everything up.

Now, I know there are ways of combatting gyno such as topical DHT gel, iodine, Androhard (from primordial performance). Basically the idea is to keep estrogen in check and actually raise DHT. My issue here is my hair loss isn't in a great place right now bc of my mess ups and I'm trying for some robust regrowth. Obviously I would like to just get my hormones balanced and slowly improve the gyno in turn, but I'm wondering about surgery as a last resort if I can't reverse it completely. It's a nuisance that if I splurge on a weekend then I have to fight back for at least a week before getting my seemingly inflamed gyno to go down. Also, if I eat too much sodium it shows in the gyno.

So I know surgery should be avoided at all costs bc of it's negative impact on health, but what are the long term detriments of a more superficial surgery like this as opposed to majorly invasive surgery. Would it be a terrible decision to get it done at some point? ... I probably still won't do it, but want to know if i should consider it an option or not.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Gynecomastia surgery? Empty Re: Gynecomastia surgery?

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:13 am

Yanks my question to you is are you absolutely sure that it is true gyno. Many times guys will put on a bit of fat in that region and automatically suspect gyno. Most of the time its simply fat buildup or pseudogyno. Now this fat buildup can be because of excess estrogen, but the actual glandular tissue growth is only going to happen in a smaller percentage of men. True gyno can or may not accompany noticeable gain in fat, either in the chest or in the abdomen. What I'm saying is gyno will often show up in men who aren't ordinarily overweight, and it usually happens due to acute exposure to really estrogenic plants, a severe drop in testosterone (like after a steroid cycle), or exposure to industrial products or plasticizers.

Many men with insulin resistance will often think they have gyno. Most people will tell you insulin resistance shows up as fat deposits around the waste, which is true, but even that fat (especially if enough visceral fat forms) will become insulin resistant, and if it proceeds for enough years fat will buildup on the chest as well. I guess what I'm saying is have it checked out to make sure if you haven't already.

A good enough amount of fat around the chest can actually produce lipoma-like dense regions that might feel like gyno, but you'll know they aren't if you feel from the nipple toward the side of the chest as they will show up in any significant fatty region on the chest. True gyno shows up just underneath the nipple and causes the nipple to protrude and feel puffy and tender. With pseudo-gyno the nipples may have the appearance of a wider radius but they generally won't be that tender and they won't puff out.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:18 am

hey A-spence.. yea it's real gyno. Had it checked out when I was younger and have done a lot of research on it. I've had body fat as low as 6%, totally ripped in every area and it was still prevalent.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 am

Gotcha, Yanks.

As far as I know the only truly negative thing about this surgery is the cost. If you've got a few grand, its probably worth it only if the problem is bugging you superficially. I doubt there is any chance of having something like this covered by insurance, but I don't know for sure. Its probably not going to do you any good either unless you get the underlying problem taken care of first, possibly an aromatase inhibitor. But you said you had it when you were younger so its probably pubertal and just stuck with you. In that event, your hormone levels have probably leveled out.

You are going to want to really drill any surgeon you are proposing having do it. Demand to see before and afters of their former patients. It something you want to have done by a quality doctor because I've seen afters where the the nipple can invert or the skin just looks like hell because of poor work. But for the most part I believe its a very low-risk procedure as long as its being done by someone with proven experience, and leaves only a minute scar. If the doctor removes the fatty tissue properly the skin should reform around the pectoral nicely and there really shouldn't be much of a sign that there was anything even done. But they have to be almost artistic with the way they remove it.

As far as I know its an out-patient procedure. You are in and out the same day, with the only real inconvenience being you have to wear a compression vest for a few weeks. But if its going to help out your confidence levels, by all means do it. Working that hard to get to 6% body fat shouldn't be dampened by something you are embarrassed by. Nothing should be able to put a damper on 6% body fat, haha.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  vjykmr89 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 pm

A surgeon might want you to wait until you've finished growing before undertaking such a traumatic surgery.

vjykmr89

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

If I'm not mistaken Yanks is a grown man. Anyway, it isn't a traumatic procedure really. They make a very, very small incision just below the nipple and liposuction the glandular tissue out and sew it up. YOu wear a compression vest for a few weeks probably to prevent fluid accumulation post-op. Leaves a miniscule scar. I've had wisdom teeth extractions that were more traumatic.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:08 am

yea i'm in my late 20's. i'm pretty sure im done growing, but i would embrace and extra inch or two of height haha... yea my concern is mostly with the possibility of creating a hot spot for infection where the trauma is. i don't know if it's invasive enough to cause an issue like that or not.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:42 am

Yanks, given the size of the incision, I'd imagine that the possibility of infection is minimal at worst. From what I've been told the incision is about as wide as your pinky nail, only wide enough for the liposuction instrument to just be inserted. Now, obviously there is potential for infection within any situation that the skin is broken, but the surgery is done in a sterile environment and given how small the opening is, I'd have to assume its fairly easy to maintain sterility in the effected area. Again, there are much much more invasive surgeries. But if its a concern, voice it to the surgeon and if they don't make you confident enough, find another. I'm not a fan of surgery either but when it comes to innocuous operations, this is one of those. Like I said, having wisdom teeth removed is more worrisome in terms of infection.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down