Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Status update EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Status update EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Status update EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Status update EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Status update EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Status update EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Status update EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Status update EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Status update EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Status update

+4
Amaranthaceae
CausticSymmetry
hadrion
Nuada
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Status update Empty Status update

Post  Nuada Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:13 am

I've been on the regimen(EC, HMR lignans, codliver[switched to vitamin d + krill oil recently], alc/ala, biotin) for about 4 months now(only that I added alc/ala recently, its been a month or two). Also I've been using Natures way Maca(twice a day), Country life calcium/mag/zinc(twice a day) and green tea extracts(added recently).
I used cayenne for some time(almost finished one bottle), but I stopped using it...(not that I had any sides, I just stopped)

Unfortunatelly I haven't been able to observe any positive changes(stopping hairloss or regrowth) with my hair. My hair line keeps receding visibly(not tremendously though). So I am thinking, most likely I am suffering from one of those 'things'(candida, leaky gut ? maybe something else?) which prevents the regimen from working.

What do you guys recommend ? I am thinking of going to a hospital and run some tests, but I am not sure which tests shouls I ask for, and which branch would be taking care of these kind of problems.

I am eating pretty well, keeping away from non healthy foods as much as possible(candy desert sodas etc) but I have problems with sleeping, not that I don't sleep or anything but I don't get healthy sleeps. I probably sleep around 6 hours but mostly my sleep gets interrupted. It wasn't like this always, but thats what I observed lately. I am not sure if this may have an effect on hair loss though... So I appreciate any advices regarding this sleeping matter aswell(excep sleeping pills Very Happy)

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Status update Empty Re: Status update

Post  hadrion Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 am

Nuada,

I had the same problem with sleeping over a year ago. I was sleeping maybe 4-5 hours a night soundly. Probably less.

At some point the regimen and my exercise regimen started to kick in and the benefits were improved sleep.

Before I used to go to bed and stare at the ceiling and throw my iPod on w/headphones since I couldn't fall asleep.

Now, my head hits the pillow and I'm out in 5-10 minutes and sleep pretty much throughout the night. The only that wakes me up is if I'm too hot or too cold and even then I fall back asleep right away once I adjust that.

Outside of the regimen, are you getting enough exercise and activity? I'm not talking about getting up and going to work or school, I'm talking about real hard exercise. As my fitness level has increased my sleep has gotten much better. This is undeniable.

I also think some of the supplements IH mentions to us take awhile to get their hooks into us and for us to see improvements.

That said, I had tested positive for Candida on the spit test and did a Candida cleanse and got rid of it and after that things got much better health wise for me.

I wish I could tell you I've seen hair regrowth and/or complete stopping of the loss, but I have not. My remaining hair is in excellent condition and my hair grows at a ridiculously fast rate now, but in the area of regrowth I've seen little to none results. Nothing that makes a cosmetic difference in the areas I need it.

What I have seen is my body and health has been transformed and for that I am eternally grateful. I think the supplements help you in so many ways outside of their potential effects on hair loss.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 am

Hadrion - Thx for the feedback.

I am working out, 3-4 days a week(30-40 min workouts on each day), and I am trying to do cardio(running/crosstrainer) on off days whenever I get the chance, so I don't think I have problems on that area. I've been on a solid workout program for like 10 weeks now, and I got in shape during that time, also my strength levels are increased, I can feel it because I am increasing the weights little by little each week.

In general health, I cannot complain other than the fact that I had this shitty feeling of lack of sleep(more like mental tiredness, lack of focus, dazing out) through out the day, although I am not really sure if its solely related to my non healthy sleep. It feels like I am low on stamina, but when I am working out, I am doing pretty well. 3 4 months ago, I went to the hospital and talked to an endocrinologist, complaining about both hairloss and this general tiredness(I was suspecting adrenal fatigue) he ran some bloodtests and told me that I was fine.

My remaining hair seems fine too, people don't think that I am actually losing hair @ first glance(my hair is pretty damn long too) but since I am pretty obsessed about this stuff, I can notice the receding hairline especially on the front and the sides. I am 27 btw and I noticed the thinning 3 years ago which was very very minimal @ that time.

So, you have gone through the candida cleanse and you've noticed changes, thats good to hear... Its not that I don't trust the spit test(which I tried once or twice and failed) but I want to get inspected fully(sounds weird) because as far as I know, there can be other things which can prevent the absorbtion of minerals and stuff right ? So I just don't want to bluntly jump on to something here.

Also, what exactly have you done about your sleeping issue ? Just the regimen and the working out solved it for you ? If so, can you tell me what regimen are you using ?

Thanks again.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:40 am

Nuada - Have you tried alternating Melatonin with Valarian root?

Valarian root works for about 60% of the population, but it works very well when it works.

Melatonin works great, but will stop working unless a break is taken. It's ideal to alternate them.

Hadrion mentioned the right temperature in the room. This can make a great difference.

Sometimes what you eat at night can make a huge difference too. Fast energy foods usually make it more difficult to sleep.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 am

Nuada,

I can tell you that I honestly had a lot of the symptoms you had. I also went to an endocrinologist for the same reasons you did who told me I was healthy. Then he told me I had metabolic syndrome and I left with 5 prescriptions none of which I filled. I've developed my internal regimen from consulting with IH here and seeing what has worked for me and how my body and health has changed.

I had the lack of sleep. I had brain fog. I was falling asleep at my desk. I had no energy. All of that is now gone. I've done a complete reversal of where I was health wise. The main thing was cleaning up my diet (but I'm nor perfect), doing the internal regimen and working out like a madman. Those three things have changed my health significantly.

I believe my health was tanked by stress, candida and taxed adrenals. I got the candida from a year long use of an anti-biotic.

I'm taking a lot of stuff at the moment. A lot of this is for heart health/disease prevention since I have a family history.

Here's my internal regimen.

ALC/ALA w/each meal.
Fibroboost 2x a day
1 gram of Krill oil/day
5000 IU D-3/day (1000 IU from K2/D3 dot)
1000 IU k2/day (I take one of the K2/D3 dots)
5mcg Biotin
Probiotic (Usually Dr. Ohhirra's, when I run out and am waiting for new package I sub in Trader Joe's Probiotic)
1gram Cayenne (2x 500mg)
Swansons Sensoril (2x day)
Lecithin (4/1200mg with meal -- this is for cholesterol/heart health)
B-100 complex
Curcumin 1x 500mg/day
Reservatol 1x 100mg/day
Lugols Iodine (12.5mg/day)
Niacinamide (500mg/day)
NAC 600mg 2x/day
Magnesium Orotate 1000mg/day
Swanson Active One Multi
Natural Sources Raw Thyroid

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:49 am

CS - I haven't tried any of those two. I think I heard about melatonin but I haven't heard about the other one. I always tried to stay away from the stuff people recommended me for sleeping disorders, I was afraid that they'd make me somehow feel numb and sleepy through the day.

Do melatonin and Valarian root cause any side effects ? Well @ this point though, I'd probably use them anyways. Do they have a certain dosage ?

Hadrion - Well that must have felt great, to get rid of the brain fog and sleepyness. They really prevent me from being productive in any way.

And thats alot of stuff you are taking. But I noticed you didn't list HMR lignans, I reckon you have a replacement for it among that regimen of yours? I also read some posts about Dr ohirra's probiotics a while ago, doesn't it strictly deals with candida ?

Anyways thanks again, both of you Smile

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:28 am

Nuada - Melatonin is safe and it regulates the body's circadian clock, is anti-aromatase and boosts the immune system. If your eyes are exposed to light, it disappears from the blood after exposure to bright light. There are types of glasses that are designed to block the spectrum of light that interfere with melatonin. That is an alternative to taking it.

When you go to sleep try to avoid any light from coming in, since this blocks melatonin.

If you go with the supplement, 1 to 3 milligrams is fine. It's best to take it in cycles, but just taking it will help reset your sleep clock. I take it as needed and when I do, the "morning preponderance" it more powerful.

Valerian root is very safe, and it acts as an anti-anxiety herb too--but with tranquilizing effects.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:58 am

Nuada,

If you've ever taken a Benadryl type allergy product, the kind of sleepyness that causes is comparable to what taking Valerian root will cause. It's safe. I used it at times when my sleep patterns were way off and it was helpful. If you buy a bottle be prepared, it smells funky.

As for me not using 7 HMR, I've had a weird relationship with that supplement and stopped using it. I actually have 2 full unopened bottles in my cabinet still. I'm not going to go into detail why I stopped using it because I think the power of suggestion will cause others who read here to think they are experiencing the same thing I was, but needless to say I took it out of my regimen and was able to pinpoint it as being the culprit for what was happening to me.

From the looks of IH's regimen page, it looks like he's removing it too from the top 6.

The Dr. Ohhirra's probiotic isn't just for candida cleansing, but it's what I used when I went on my cleanse. It seems to be one of the best probiotic's out there, but it's expensive. I think IH was recommending a different one on his regimen page now.

I pretty much take his recommendations and try them out and in most cases I see improvements in health.

To me, I think you should put your sleep issue at the forefront since it sounds like you're doing a lot of other good stuff. When I was having the same reactions you're having health wise, my sleep patterns sucked. I was getting to bed very late and just staring at the walls. This was horrible for my health.

Here's my question -- what time of the day do you work out? Is it first thing in the morning? At night before dinner?

Whichever time you work out, switch to a different time and see if that helps you in the sleep department.

I generally work out most of the time at around 6:30pm. By the time I get home and eat dinner, I'm done and it's easy to fall asleep.

Also, I'm sure you know to avoid caffeine late at night, right?

The other things I did was make sure I was sleeping in a cold room at night. My wife had a terrible habit of wanting it really warm at night and I couldn't rest in a room like that. She's now come to realize that you sleep sounder in a colder room than you do in a warmer one. That's really important.

The other thing is I was very stressed out about a lot of shit in my life and I would go to bed and think about everything and keep myself up in an almost panicked state. If you do that, you have to get that shit in check. Calm yourself down.

Read a book before hitting the sack (NOT THE INTERNET). The other thing I did was I would take control of my breathing and slow it down and then from toes up, start squeezing each muscle of my body and then relaxing it. Start with your feet, then do your calves, then your quads/things etc all the way up. That had a great effect on helping me relax.

Like I said, the way I attacked my problem was diet, supps and exercise. When I did my candida cleanse I took all the supps IH mentioned on his candida page and I stripped my diet down to eggs, fish, chicken and veggies. My carbs were primarily veggies. I did this for a month or two and then I had a detox reaction that was the worst 7-10 days of my life. I couldn't eat anything. I was constantly in the bathroom. It was like the flu x 10. I had fevers. I was cold and sweating all the time. My mind couldn't focus. Etc.

After that passed, I've been a completely different person. That episode is pretty much what a candida die off period is described as. Not everyone goes through it, but I did and it was wretched. Just goes to show you how unhealthy I was.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Nuada, if your scalp is unhealthy adding laser can make a great difference to the better.

Re sleep, I have found that taking PM Kudzu before going to bed at night induces a deeper sleep.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:21 am

Cs - thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll order em both, and start out with the valerian root.

About the light thing, well I draw my curtains at night, but my room never gets pitch black. Eventhough my curtains are thick, they diffuse light.

Hadrion - Yeah, the sleep issue must come first. I generally workout around 18:30 pm too. I eat dinner around 20:30 - 21:00(I drink a protein shake after workout along with some fruits). I definitely avoid caffeine at night, I usually drink coffee 1 -1.5 hours after lunch around 15:00 pm, atleast that has been a part of my routine for some time now.

The room temperature is ok as far as I can tell, its neither cold nor warm. Stress is definitely a part of my inability to fall a sleep. You should know about it, the moment I lie down, I start to think about all the shit that I gotta do the day after and the day after that. And you are right about the reading, I usually do that and it helps but lately, I haven't been doing it. I am going to bed real late and I don't have enough focus to read a book so I try to sleep right away instead. A friend of mine also suggested me to relax before I sleep, she recommended me to do some breathing exercises as well. I tried that muscle squeezing exercise, long time ago though, and I don't remember why I quit doing it. Maybe my sleeping was back to normal or I simply got bored doing it lol.

Man, thats some tough shit you went through with Candida cleanse. I am not sure I have the gutts to go through with it. 3-4 months ago or so, I had a terrible illness, my stomach and intestines failed me, I was @ bathroom constantly for 2-3 days, throwing up mostly. I first thought my body was reacting to my regimen, but then I couldn't take it and went to the hospital. They took me to emergency service and gave me a serum immediately and after the examination, the doctor told me that it was most likely food poisoning. They sent me home but after 2 days same shit kicked in again, it went on for like 2 3 days and then I got better. So, when you mention it, I immediately though of that time and I am not sure if I can stand something like that again... But hell, no pain no gain right ? Smile

cpio - I reckon you are using laser ? Are you using lasermax or laser helmet ? I am interested in that stuff too but I am too damn lazy to build myself one Smile

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Nuada,

If your objective is to treat the cause(s) or "underlying pathology" of hair loss, might I suggest that you use curcumin and resveratrol. I have found these internals to be excellent for the hair and scalp.

But a good diet is paramount.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 pm

The Natural - Thanks for the advice. I guess CS also added Curcumin to his regimen. Are you using curcumin and resveratrol along with CS's top 6 or do you have a regimen of your own ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:09 am

Nuada, I use laser but only at the front. However I am having great results all over my head and also full brown color returning to my hair that had turned charcoal grey/black. I take PM Kudzu, Maca, Turmeric and Damiana, and feel that this regime is the best!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Nuada,

My present regimen is in my signature. I am looking into Ecklonia Cava, which IH recommends. I might add it later on.

The "best regimen" is the one that works for you, regardless of what I or anyone else states. So, for example, while I may personally think that lasers are NOT necessary to regrow or even maintain one's hair, another poster may disagree, and find them to be absolutely essential.

But understand this, your hair will continue to recede and fall out, even with lasers, unless you begin to treat the cause(s) of hair loss: which takes place internally, and then surfaces.

I don't know about anyone else here, but my hair never looks better than it does right after I have been laid up with the flu for a week or so. I attribute this to several things: got rest and lots of it; had an absolute loss of appetite for anything greasy, oily, or sugary; had insatiable cravings for water and fresh foods (lettuce, strawberries, tomatoes, and the like). Yes, my body does look emaciated; but my hair feels much fuller and looks more vibrant.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I believe this is a detox effect. Most who have to go before a camera are aware of this: at a certain point of empty your body becomes alkaline/starts to heal/no inflammation.

you can learn to hone/become accustomed to the sensation of empty/detox/fasting to guide you--it doesn't seem alien after a while; in contrast the sensation of fullness starts to feel entirely wrong. naturally, if you are sick or have a pay incentive it comes easier. also, an exercise routine, or diet, can exploit it. All said, without doubt, in my book, a little hunger goes a long way.

Disclosure: this is self lecturing, as I have been eating like a tiger lately.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:19 pm

The Natural, what are you basing that claim of yours on, that lasers cannot stop hair loss on its own?

That is contrary to what alot of users are experiencing over at regrowth.com

It seems that your theory does not match experiential data.

I am not a hardcore laser user but many at regrowth are, and I think their experience feedback is important.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:38 pm

cpio,

My statement, "your hair will continue to recede and fall out, even with lasers, unless you begin to treat the cause(s) of hair loss," is based upon on what I have seen and read.

From what I have read, and as Jacob pointed out, many of these laser users are also taking internals and applying topicals. So I find your usage of the words "a lot" to be a tad disingenuous.

Given all of this "experiential" data available to support their claim that lasers, by themselves, can treat hair loss, why are "a lot" of them still using internals and topicals?

I'll tell you why: The reason is, while most believe, and rightly so, that lasers can make a cosmetic difference in the appearance (e.g. thickness) of their hair, these same posters are not ready to put all of their faith into this symptom-related treatment. Some laser users are even getting a hair transplant, for goodness sakes.

Now could I be wrong or mistaken about this whole laser phenomenon taking place at Regrowth.com, primarily? I guess that I could be...

But I don't think so, as I continue to read posts about users shedding and "still receding while on lasers." The very fact that you are here, in IH's forum, reading and responding to posts, tells me that you, too, are NOT 100% confident in the ability of lasers, by themselves, to treat your hair loss condition.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:56 pm

The Natural, laser and herbs are complimentary.

I know you got banned at regrowth.com because you had a repeating grudge against lasers, I hope you did not bring this grudge with you here.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:46 pm

cpio,

If, in fact, lasers are everything some at regrowth.com would have you to believe, then why are these same users still taking internals, applying topicals, and getting hair transplants? Why are you?

Lasers may be beneficial to some. But they are not mandatory. I do not need them to regrow or even maintain hair. IH does not. Jacob does not. Dex does not. None of us do. And you, cpio, wouldn't dare use lasers by themselves to solve your hair loss condition.

I gather one of the many reasons why IH started his own forum was due to the repressive regime change that took place over at regrowth. com. Jacob cannot even state his opinion about the effectiveness of lasers without being threatened to "be careful" by a moderator.

I once wondered allowed why so many of regrowth's threads were being dominated by the discussion of lasers. I did this one time, and a moderator over there called me an "idiot." I, in return, called him a "horse's ass," which, by the way, he still is. And that is the reason I was banned. Not because of some "repeating grudge," whatever that means.

But let us return to you, shall we: "Lasers and herbs" may very well be complimentary. But that is not the point. Do not try to lecture me about the effectiveness of lasers, by themselves, when you, yourself, DO NOT USE LASERS BY THEMSELVES.

And lest we forget, cpio, this is not regrowth.com. I am free to speak my mind about lasers and the people who use them without fear of reprisal or intimidation (Thanks IH!). So get used to it, cpio. Or, you could just leave quietly, return to regrowth.com, and not state a word. Either way, I don't care one iota what you think. Understand that, sir.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Who wants to deal with lasers when this problem is going on INSIDE of us? Fix the body, fix the hair...
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm

My sentiments, exactly.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:16 pm

I have the Laser Max 50 and it is my least go-to treatment. To date, i cannot say whether it has made a difference, but i have not employed a regular schedule with it. Also, supposedly it does not meet the specs needed for "real" results.

That said, I have used it at least once a week; perhaps at times too much. And my purpose was to gage whether it would be worthwhile to invest more with a better device, a means for evidence. Unfortunately, I cannot lay claim to having found any.

On the other hand, the notion of laser hair addition being as easy and effective as laser hair removal seems perfect.

When i read the thread about guys thinking there is something wrong with them because they are hairy, I think wow that's crazy. hair removal is so pioneered and effective: lasers.

I wonder if the same thinking should apply to hair addition. Yet, in my experience that is only fantasy.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 pm

People apply topicals that help. Lasers are analgous. As the theory goes the lasers are penetrating to the hair follicle, therefore this isnt just an "external" treatment. Its akin to using acne cream on pimples. Regardless, both an internal and "external" treatments have merits.

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:14 pm

The Natural: Piss of.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Raxe, I agree that lasers are not "just an 'external' treatment." And lasers are effective for some people.

This notwithstanding, I also believe that lasers are not mandatory for regrowth or even maintaining one's hair. Lasers are a symptom-related treatment for hair loss. Laser Max cannot, for example, be used to treat insulin resistance, which, by the way, many, including IH, believe is one of the real causes of hair loss.

cpio wrote:The Natural: Piss of.

LOL @ cpio. Don't you mean, "piss off." Again, this is not regrowth.com. You could be out numbered here, so be careful.

LOL.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next