Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
I can't swallow some pills anymore! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I can't swallow some pills anymore!

+2
mistermr
MikeGore
6 posters

Go down

I can't swallow some pills anymore! Empty I can't swallow some pills anymore!

Post  MikeGore Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:21 am

Lately I have been having difficulty swallowing some pills.

It mostly happens with the larger ones and the ones that are not coated in a capsule.

I don't know why, I was able to swallow them before, but now I am finding it difficult. I guess it is psychological. But some tablets also stick to the tongue I think.

It takes me a lot of effort now trying to gulp it down, drinking all the water in the cup, with the freaking pill still in my mouth. So I refill and try again.

Failing to swallow, I split the pill in two or crush it into powder.

My question is: does crushing the pill reduce its efficacy in any sort of way?

Also, what are your experiences with swallowing pills? Do you have any difficulty? If so, what advice can you give me to easily swallow these darn things?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

I can't swallow some pills anymore! Empty Re: I can't swallow some pills anymore!

Post  mistermr Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:33 am

Haha sometimes I forget how to swallow pills as well. It is pretty much psychological. Just pretend they're not there and take 1 at a time.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

I can't swallow some pills anymore! Empty Re: I can't swallow some pills anymore!

Post  Zaphod Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 am

My advice is to train it with one pill, then take 2 at once, ... then the green tea extract which is not in the capsules - the most difficult thing to swallow of them all in my experiences.Smile

I have no difficulties doing it, do it always 2 at once maximum.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:16 am

MikeGore wrote:Lately I have been having difficulty swallowing some pills.

It mostly happens with the larger ones and the ones that are not coated in a capsule.

I don't know why, I was able to swallow them before, but now I am finding it difficult. I guess it is psychological. But some tablets also stick to the tongue I think.

It takes me a lot of effort now trying to gulp it down, drinking all the water in the cup, with the freaking pill still in my mouth. So I refill and try again.

Failing to swallow, I split the pill in two or crush it into powder.

My question is: does crushing the pill reduce its efficacy in any sort of way?

Also, what are your experiences with swallowing pills? Do you have any difficulty? If so, what advice can you give me to easily swallow these darn things?

It's estimated that 40% have difficulty, whereas I am fortunate and can swallow 20 or more in a single swig.
According to one expert who has addressed this issue, it was generally recommended to put one ore more (whatever the comfort level is) and place enough water in there, swirl them around in the mouth so they are kind of flowing as a single unit and then tilt your head while swallowing.

As far as crushing them, it is no problem.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:33 am

I'm like CS...I can swallow handsfuls at once. It's a convenience, for sure.

But I used to have problems with it. So one day I simply sat down and broke it down logically:

A bolus of chewed up food is much bigger than a pill or even three pills or often even a handful of pills.

I don't have any problem swallowing food. In fact, I enjoy that!

If I don't choke on food or drink I am highly unlikely to choke on pills, even multiple pills at once.

Etc.

Dunno if that will help you but ever since I started looking at it that way I've had no trouble at all.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Nobody Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 am

If you could swallow them, you don't think why your body won't allow it now isn't more important?

Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down