Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Treatment for Schizophrenia EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Treatment for Schizophrenia

4 posters

Go down

Treatment for Schizophrenia Empty Treatment for Schizophrenia

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 am

My highschool friend is definitely showing some signs of schizophrenia, and it's pretty depressing to watch his overall mental stability decline. I've done some research, and the only conclusive information I came across was that omega-3 supplementation significantly decreased the incidence of schizophrenia in high-risk groups. I read somewhere that casein and gluten might also have some causative role in schizophrenia. Does anyone have input?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Treatment for Schizophrenia Empty Re: Treatment for Schizophrenia

Post  sanderson Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 pm

i read somewhere that it had to do with a heavy metal issue.. i think it was copper (somethign that started with a c, i think this might be it)

i read this a while ago so sorry i'm foggy on the details. from what i remember, the article said something about a hair analysis showing obvious results of a high amount of what i think was copper.

maybe get him a hair analysis for heavy metals and see if anything comes up high.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 am

GAPS diet proposes that mental illnesses like schizophrenia have some root in the gut, too, just FYI if you didn't know.

Problem with people who are scizophrenic is that it's hard to get them to comply with anything that might do them good. If they're stable compliance becomes much easier, but it's getting them stabilized that's the bugger. Then long-term compliance is still dicey. Especially with something that requires a lot of discipline like a diet/eating style. I have two cousins (adopted, but are blood brother & sister) who are scizophrenic. I used to try to talk to my female cousin (the more calm, normal of the two) about diet, supplements and things that might help her, but while she was interested, her attempts never lasted more than a few weeks. Which is actually typical of non-schizo's, too, but it's compounded with the mentally ill.

Also to consider is that strictly implementing something like an eating style to address schizophrenia, along with natural remedies like healthy oils and other supplements would also require across-the-board cooperation from doctors, health facility staff, and family. The sick person would have to be monitored, someone would have to cook specially for them and watch them constantly so that they are not sneaking things that are bad for them or cheating in some way. This is unlikely to happen, since most doctors and health facilities are all about the pharmaceuticals and will actually refuse to treat patients with families who don't want drugs and who want to go alternate routes.

It's just a really, really difficult thing to deal with, for everyone concerned. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, and hope it doesn't turn out to be schizophrenia. I wish him and his family the best.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:23 am

whodathunkit wrote:GAPS diet proposes that mental illnesses like schizophrenia have some root in the gut, too, just FYI if you didn't know.

Problem with people who are scizophrenic is that it's hard to get them to comply with anything that might do them good. If they're stable compliance becomes much easier, but it's getting them stabilized that's the bugger. Then long-term compliance is still dicey. Especially with something that requires a lot of discipline like a diet/eating style. I have two cousins (adopted, but are blood brother & sister) who are scizophrenic. I used to try to talk to my female cousin (the more calm, normal of the two) about diet, supplements and things that might help her, but while she was interested, her attempts never lasted more than a few weeks. Which is actually typical of non-schizo's, too, but it's compounded with the mentally ill.

Also to consider is that strictly implementing something like an eating style to address schizophrenia, along with natural remedies like healthy oils and other supplements would also require across-the-board cooperation from doctors, health facility staff, and family. The sick person would have to be monitored, someone would have to cook specially for them and watch them constantly so that they are not sneaking things that are bad for them or cheating in some way. This is unlikely to happen, since most doctors and health facilities are all about the pharmaceuticals and will actually refuse to treat patients with families who don't want drugs and who want to go alternate routes.

It's just a really, really difficult thing to deal with, for everyone concerned. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, and hope it doesn't turn out to be schizophrenia. I wish him and his family the best.

Yeah, it's hard to even communicate with him now because he'll start rambling about nonsensical topics. He doesn't consume animal products anymore because he sees it as a moral dilemma. I recommended krill oil, and he asked me if the krill get killed during the extraction process Neutral . As of late he doesn't respond to texts/calls anymore so things are looking pretty bleak.

I heard about GAPS diet as a potential treatment for schizophrenia. It would make sense, especially considering that casein and gluten have been implicated in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. The diseases associated with casein- or gluten-sensitivity are due to the immunologic response to the proteins, and this most likely involves impaired barrier function of the gut.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14732596?dopt=abstractplus

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down