Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think

+5
CausticSymmetry
a
Zaphod
SlowMoe
blueman99
9 posters

Go down

I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think Empty I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think

Post  blueman99 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:30 am

I know it sounds crazy to a lot of people but I believe we can control and heal a lot of our physical problems with our mind. How else can you explain the placebo effect.? I think having a positive attitude and believe you can heal yourself can go a VERY long way. Our minds control everything.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think Empty Re: I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think

Post  SlowMoe Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 am

blueman99 wrote:I know it sounds crazy to a lot of people but I believe we can control and heal a lot of our physical problems with our mind. How else can you explain the placebo effect.? I think having a positive attitude and believe you can heal yourself can go a VERY long way. Our minds control everything.

Yeah, just staying positive and avoiding stress can really make a difference In your health.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think Empty Re: I believe the Mind IS more powerful then we think

Post  Zaphod Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:42 am

blueman99 wrote:I know it sounds crazy to a lot of people but I believe we can control and heal a lot of our physical problems with our mind. How else can you explain the placebo effect.? I think having a positive attitude and believe you can heal yourself can go a VERY long way. Our minds control everything.

It doesnt sound crazy to me. I think behavior show symphoms of disesases as well as blood tests, etc. Problem is that in psychology is hard to measure anything and become subjective sooner or latter. And bigger problem i see is that study of psychology has as little with psyhology itself as it can. I have friend who had big expectations of this study and was left dissapointed, cause after finishing it he knows more about drugs than people and their behaviour. And books he used are mostly all international ones.
I strongly suggest reading Jung and Freud but dont take it to seriously cause it simply wont sound right what will you read. Combine what you read with everything you know about it by other perspectives on the subject and let their way of the ''truth'' affect ''yours''. I so hate it that due lack of communication science still behaves so seperated from one to another. That's why i like neuroscience - it combine it all.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 am

Your mind really is very very important, I used to be very sick and as much of a "It's all in your head" attitude I may have gotten from doctors and hated, there is something to be said for it. I never would have made a recovery if not for trying to live and think as if I wasn't sick. It's been tested, and found that a heavy diagnosis like cancer actually lowers the patients immunity quite drastically, which is crazy if you think about it. Good topic.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:05 am

I will add that often times, either what is in the lower two-thirds of our head (oral cavity) can greatly influence our state of outlook, positive or negative. (e.g, mercury amalgams) or the state of our digestive tract, since much of the neurotransmitters are influenced in that region.

Of course it can also be a matter of attitude. A problem can be looked at as something to overcome, rather than feeling hopeless about it. Unfortunately, pharmaceuticals can ensnare this feeling by altering the gut microflora, and convincing users that without them, they are not "normal."

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 am

a It's been tested, and found that a heavy diagnosis like cancer actually lowers the patients immunity quite drastically, which is crazy if you think about it. Good topic.

You aren't sick untill you honestly admit it. Dont really know how to discuss honesty cause ''being honest with yourself'' has really no measuring outputs achivable to other people who dont know you. Honesty has something to do with thinking about the ''truth'' - which is idealised and unachiavable because everybody has his own reality and past which affects it. IMO thinking about the truth do the biggest changes in the body of them all. The closer you are, the bigger is its effect.

And yes, i know a few testimonials whos life was totaly ruined with cancer diagnosys event . It's so wrong that cancer has ''i will die'' effect and it simply because the mainstream truth of the cancer is ''dying time''. When person change the attitude from ''i will die'' to ''i will live'' become active fighter against illness again.
Problem of the mind is also this that you have to achieve ''healing state'' all over again. If you decided something yesterday, there is no guaranty you will be thinking the same again today. This is why dont believe in new year obligations of changing yourself which is very common in our culture. People simply dont know that persistence and discipline are higher functions of our brain. In world of distractions we live in it's easy to lost your focus, unless you have very detailed (details makes story bigger also in your head) bigger picture in your head. I think discipline has a lot to do with long term memory (choline related), the stronger the connection in the brain, the better are the odds for achieving this state of mind again. And when cancer is present i dont think the brain also do its best work in controlling the body that's why it's matter of time to lose it all if something extraordinary is done.

Many brain organels which are part of unconscious mind are present relatively near the mouth - the gate to outter world. Hypothalamus, thalamus, pineal gland, pitiuary gland, etc... Dont think anybody interested in people's health can miss the inportance of healthy teeth...

What activates me know is to think about RIP George Carlin...
It's all bullshit and is bad for ya...Smile

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 am

Off topic: neurofeedback has also manything to offer to achieving healing state, and many testimonials related to neuro dissorders are there but after you look from the upper perspective you see something in common to all the healing approaches - it's not only about things that work or doesn't. It's also about individuals who wanted to make a difference in their life. I would describe neurofeedback approach as mental training.

Is there a way you could measure activity of thyroid for example without fMRI? I want to make sure of what i am talking/thinking about...Smile

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:17 am

There's an ancient saying in my language which essentially says "Avoid blockages in your mind, and avoid blockages in your gut, and you're all set." Only it rhymes in my language. Traditional Indian medicine also recommends that you take a crap first thing in the morning.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 am

The seminal science fiction author Ray Palmer was a huge believer in the power of conscious intent. He regrew spinal tissue that doctors said would not grow back. He strongly attributed his success to visualization exercises. Visualization has even shown success in developing skill in exercise and sport. Simply thinking about it makes you better when you actually perform it.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 am

If you were to run any given direction and someone told you you couldnt stop till you reach said destination, and the run turned out to be 1 mile but you didnt know how far you'd have to run, there'd be a greater chance of failure.
If the same example was carried out but you could visibly see where you are running to, and know how far you have to run, suddenly its more likely that its doable, even though the same distance is present.
Thats why staying positive and optimistic is important in everything.. Because everything is in our minds really, this whole reality... And with that said, dont forget to try and just be happy, the most important thing, regardless of whatever else you believe is going on around you... Nothing matters and everything matters, you decide how you want to perceive it all. Is the glass half full or half empty? If you have the right mind, the glass is always Full, just at the moment one half full of water, the other half air, which you need both. Blessings come in disguise, half of us wouldnt know half the shit we know about our bodies now if it werent for shedding a little hair, and there is progression...
The matrix was a very intelligently thought up and interesting movie btw Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 am