Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers

2 posters

Go down

Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers Empty Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers

Post  bobbers2011 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:00 am

I've always found it hard to gain weight and am fairly skinny but after a recent bout of food poisoning where I lost a lot of weight I'd really like to put on some weight and gain some muscle but I'm struggling to understand how it is "safe" to do this from a hair perspective! Most of the carbs that I would eat more of seem to be not favoured, e.g. breads & pastas - are baked potatoes and rice ok?

If anybody has a good weight gain diet they could recommend that would be great or any tips!

Would the weight gainer shakes be ok to drink?

Thanks a lot guys!
Very Happy

bobbers2011

Back to top Go down

Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers Empty Re: Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:31 am

The basic principle is just eat as much as you can, then eat some more. Life heavy, and keep cardio to a minimum. Most weight gain powders contain maltodextrin, which is a type of sugar. Carbs I eat and would recommend are oats, brown basmati rice, and quinoa, and rye bread. They are all low on the glycemic index, which means you absorb them slowly, keeping your insulin constant. It's important to get enough protein from food mostly. Eggs, chicken, steak, salmon etc. I like to avoid milk, so a good substitute for whey protein for building muscle is a mix of rice protein and pea protein because it has an amino acid profile very similar to whey. Hemp is a good protein for health but no so good for muscle building. Post work out I mix my rice/pea protein in oat milk with a mashed up banana and a load of ground up oats and mixed nuts. Toco-8 is a testosterone booster which somehow is good for hair as well as muscle building.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers Empty Re: Safe weight gain diet for hardgainers

Post  bobbers2011 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:56 pm

hellwig wrote:The basic principle is just eat as much as you can, then eat some more. Life heavy, and keep cardio to a minimum. Most weight gain powders contain maltodextrin, which is a type of sugar. Carbs I eat and would recommend are oats, brown basmati rice, and quinoa, and rye bread. They are all low on the glycemic index, which means you absorb them slowly, keeping your insulin constant. It's important to get enough protein from food mostly. Eggs, chicken, steak, salmon etc. I like to avoid milk, so a good substitute for whey protein for building muscle is a mix of rice protein and pea protein because it has an amino acid profile very similar to whey. Hemp is a good protein for health but no so good for muscle building. Post work out I mix my rice/pea protein in oat milk with a mashed up banana and a load of ground up oats and mixed nuts. Toco-8 is a testosterone booster which somehow is good for hair as well as muscle building.

Thanks hellwig great advice, I do try to lift heavy but struggling to get time to get in at the minute, twice a week is best I'm managing with all I've got on, which I know is nowhere near enough! Thats probably my biggest problem. And the cost of constantly eating! I've got both organic whey protein & hemp protein at the minute, I do agree that they hemp doesn't feel like it recovers the muscles as great as the whey. I'll look into the rice & pea proteins! That shake sounds good, could do to add another bit of fruit maybe some rasberry or blackberry to flavour it up a bit though!

Any advice from others greatly appreciated!

bobbers2011

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down