Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
cold showers - Cold Showers EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cold Showers

+5
AS54
young trunks
Yanks
SlowMoe
hellwig
9 posters

Go down

cold showers - Cold Showers Empty Cold Showers

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 am

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/739/

Seems like it's worth a try.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

cold showers - Cold Showers Empty Re: Cold Showers

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 am

When rinse my hair I first rince with hot water, then follow with cold water for 10 or so seconds. This supposedly opened up blood vessels (hot) then once blood floods the scalp rinse with cold to close the vessels and lock in the blood.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:53 am

the idea of temporary hypoxia applies here. also, when you get out of the shower you get all that blood rushing back into the area. It increases testosterone and I believe may ground one as well somehow
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Anybody still doing this? If so what else are you doing with it? Brushing? Massage? Oil?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 am

All I know that is that both Tim Ferris and Dr. Kruse recommend this type of cold exposure for body recomp purposes, as our exposure to cold has a strong tie to leptin signaling and basically enough exposure causes leptin to drop off the map. And while leptin is a good hormone, it is important for regulating adipogensis, many of those who are overweight and insulin resistant are also leptin resistant so reseting our levels should in theory help restore sensitivity. If we are able to lower bf %, this should also lead to an increase in testosterone and lowered inflammation. Dr. Kruse's own personal story is pretty impressive. I was doing cold showers for a while, and to be honest it sucks, I got to a point where I literally got nervous before a shower because I knew what was coming. I do have to say that the shower itself is torture, but the feeling afterward is phenomenal, very clear headed, alert, you can feel the blood flowing and there is almost a sense of euphoria. I only did this for about a month or so and did lose weight during that period, but I didn't notice any effects on hair. I wasn't doing any kinds of manual methods either though. I almost wonder if cold baths would be easier. I'm thinking it would be more like acclimating to cold pool water after a few minutes of being submerged. The thing with the shower is you never get adjusted to the cold, there is always one half of your body that isn't getting hit by the water, makes it difficult.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:55 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote: I was doing cold showers for a while, and to be honest it sucks, I got to a point where I literally got nervous before a shower because I knew what was coming. I do have to say that the shower itself is torture, but the feeling afterward is phenomenal, very clear headed, alert, you can feel the blood flowing and there is almost a sense of euphoria.

lol, you dont need to experience trauma doing it, just regulate water with less temperature deviation.Smile

Unlike manual methods i apply hot/cold shower therapy quite regulary and as offen as i shower. I first start with warm water and prepare body for a shock. First shock is easy one, i switch slowly towards cold water. After few repetition i become more agressive and increase the temperature deviation. Time and period time is totaly up to you and your body mechanism to regulate heat. Skin color is also a good indicator beside of how you feel. When you are agressive on yourself always cover your face with your hands - you dont want to break your facial thin skin cappilares with temperature shocks. Yes, similar to shower after finnish sauna. Beware.

After while doing it your body starts to crave it, cause it's rewarding with endorphines, alertness, increased body circulation (if done correctly!) and freshness. I also do cold baths sometimes after tennis or workouts. After i've done it a few times, i cant connect word ''torture'' to hot/cold showers anymore... Smile I highly recommend doing it.

I think it's a bit hard to regrow any hair with this particular method so i do it for overall benefits, regardless of hair loss, which i managed to stop as soon i support my ''live healthy'' regimen.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 am

I've started and stopped cold showers many times. I think they're pretty good, I need to start doing them again, they're not as bad as I think they're going to be. To add to what beebrox said about endorphines and circulation, I'm sure ive read that cold showers increase glutathione and white blood cells, although not sure if that was just a theory. I know some people are not a fan of cold showers as its a stress on the body.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:08 pm

tooyoung wrote:I've started and stopped cold showers many times. I think they're pretty good, I need to start doing them again, they're not as bad as I think they're going to be. To add to what beebrox said about endorphines and circulation, I'm sure ive read that cold showers increase glutathione and white blood cells, although not sure if that was just a theory. I know some people are not a fan of cold showers as its a stress on the body.

you've heard it right.

Uric acid and glutathione levels during short-term whole body cold exposure.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:26 am

A Spence, totally hear you on the half of the body always being out of the water in the shower and having to readjust. Funny enough though, I find it much easier to bare the cold shower when it's REALLY cold. Like middle of winter water temp. The body just seems to go numb faster and the feeling afterwards is that much better. I mostly do cold showers and have for a while. I used to hot to cold, hot to cold etc... and found benefit from that as well. I think the only downside to cold only is that the hot seems to help in terms of exfoliation and so I don't think the skin gets as clean with cold only. This MIGHT lead to a little bit of a lessened efficiency of detoxing through the skin. Not sure. On the other side, we are definitely taking in more toxins with the steam and open pores that come with hot water that's been treated with fluoride and chlorine.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:50 am

8. THE GENITAL BATH
This simple procedure, borrowed from the hydrotherapy literature, is often effective for alleviating vaginal, bladder, uterine and even prostate difficulties. Bladder and vaginal infections in women often respond very well to this procedure. Men can use it as well for urinary and penile difficulties.
The genital bath is probably effective because the cold water causes a reaction that greatly enhances the blood flow to this area. This in turn assists the healing process. The procedure is as follows:

* Sit on the side of a bathtub facing into the bathtub. Alternatively, sit on a stool placed in the bathtub. One can wear a shirt or sweater, as the water will be directed only at the genital area.

* Splash cold water on the genital area only, using a wash rag or a flexible shower attachment.

* Continue the procedure for 10 minutes, and repeat it three or more times per day.

* The genital bath can be repeated for as long as necessary with no ill effects.
...from http://drlwilson.com/detox_protocols.htm (other good info on that site as well)

On this forum there are older posts suggesting the above method (cold water on the testicles) grows hair.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 pm

I take cold showers in summer and maybe some of fall gladly it feels real refreshing, during winter though forget it.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down