Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
getting a cold, what can i do naturally? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

getting a cold, what can i do naturally?

+2
AS54
hiilikeyourbeard
6 posters

Go down

getting a cold, what can i do naturally? Empty getting a cold, what can i do naturally?

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 pm

last thing i wanna do is be sick during the hot days. i've taken zicam before and that really cuts my cold in half, but i dunno about it's safety and what not. what do you guys do? thanks
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

getting a cold, what can i do naturally? Empty Re: getting a cold, what can i do naturally?

Post  AS54 Fri May 16, 2014 1:28 am

Vitamin C...lots.

I recently caught a flu that had been going around. It knocked several of my family members out for about 3-4 days. I had one bad day. What did I do? Right as I noticed it setting in I took 300 mg zinc and about 6 g vitamin C over the course of the day. One day of relatively fewer symptoms than my family, and it was gone. They couldn't believe how "easy" I got it.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

getting a cold, what can i do naturally? Empty Re: getting a cold, what can i do naturally?

Post  Hairy Potter Fri May 16, 2014 2:53 am

Definitely agree with AS54 here - Vitamin C (I would personally go as much as 1g every 2 hrs or so - but it would have to be a good quality one which doesn't irritate the stomach). Combined with zinc this can really do wonders.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Fri May 16, 2014 6:23 am

vitamin c in the form of ascorbic acid does the trick for me.
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 16, 2014 6:36 am

I haven't been sick for so long, I almost don't even remember when the last time it was. The secret? Moderate amounts of zinc (long term), Vitamin C, optimal levels of vitamin D and A. Keeping stress low and having plenty of sleep.

Often times, even with the best stuff, losing sleep or high stress can knock anyone into a loop (lowers immune system).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm

thanks for the answers guys, i'm supplementing 2000 mg vit c as ascorbic acid and i was literally about to get on zinc today cause i know zicam always helped me and it's just pretty much zinc as far as i remember. zinc and vit c thanks guys. i'm pretty sure i'm sick cause my sleep has been terrible

edit: didn't see you guys said up to 6 grams!?
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:thanks for the answers guys, i'm supplementing 2000 mg vit c as ascorbic acid and i was literally about to get on zinc today cause i know zicam always helped me and it's just pretty much zinc as far as i remember. zinc and vit c thanks guys. i'm pretty sure i'm sick cause my sleep has been terrible

As far as I know, you can't really OD on Vit C, some people have taken much higher doses - I find it gives me a helluva lot of energy, but it can also give you the runs at high doses ....

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Fri May 16, 2014 7:42 pm

supplemented vitamin c sure is good, however i would not recommend to take it in by fruit consumption. when sick staying away from carbs especially sugar is a must, carbs only increase the sickness duration.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat May 17, 2014 6:25 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I haven't been sick for so long, I almost don't even remember when the last time it was. The secret?  Moderate amounts of zinc (long term), Vitamin C, optimal levels of vitamin D and A. Keeping stress low and having plenty of sleep.

Often times, even with the best stuff, losing sleep or high stress can knock anyone into a loop (lowers immune system).

does vitamin c boost your libido? cause holy cow i took like 6 of these throughout yesterday and i'm pooping everywhere and i'm so horny i can't walk. oh and my cold is already going away
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat May 17, 2014 6:26 am

Hairy Potter wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:thanks for the answers guys, i'm supplementing 2000 mg vit c as ascorbic acid and i was literally about to get on zinc today cause i know zicam always helped me and it's just pretty much zinc as far as i remember. zinc and vit c thanks guys. i'm pretty sure i'm sick cause my sleep has been terrible

As far as I know, you can't really OD on Vit C, some people have taken much higher doses - I find it gives me a helluva lot of energy, but it can also give you the runs at high doses ....

definitely pooping better today...
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat May 17, 2014 9:09 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Yup, gotta love the C :-) I was taking between 1-2 grams for quite a few years and it does wonders for the skin too. Got to get myself back on it.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sun May 18, 2014 4:45 am

Hairy Potter wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Yup, gotta love the C :-) I was taking between 1-2 grams for quite a few years and it does wonders for the skin too. Got to get myself back on it.

not sure if it's the vitamin c but i've had a lot of energy the last few days even though i've been sick, and super high libido
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down