Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
should I get a transplant? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
should I get a transplant? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
should I get a transplant? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
should I get a transplant? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
should I get a transplant? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
should I get a transplant? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
should I get a transplant? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
should I get a transplant? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
should I get a transplant? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

should I get a transplant?

+2
gg4545
tinman
6 posters

Go down

should I get a transplant? Empty should I get a transplant?

Post  tinman Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 am

My hair is receding above each temple. It’s generally thin through the front and middle of the top of my head and worst at the crown. It’s not terrible and I don’t think other people notice but I have been trying natural remedies wanting especially to regain my old hairline.

I have tried laser therapy at two different places, almost a year each, and finally got OMG’s laser helmet several months ago. I used topicals recommended by the hair laser places and topicals and supplements that I’ve read about. Still some areas don’t seem capable of regrowing hair that has been lost, especially at the front. It’s about the same there as it was three years ago.

I first noticed thinning when I was 19, now I’m 27. I am contemplating getting a transplant but would prefer not to. Is it really possible to get all my hair back through natural means or should I go for the transplant? I understand that it is different for everyone, but I’d appreciate your best case / worst case scenario of my chances.

tinman

Back to top Go down

should I get a transplant? Empty Re: should I get a transplant?

Post  gg4545 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 am

to my knowledge lasers are great for stimulating hair that is already existing not for regrowth even though some may report it. Is that all you have tried to regain your hair?

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  tinman Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am

I have used several topicals and supplements. I started using all on CS's daily regimen list several months ago. No noticeable difference yet.

tinman

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 am

have you done the heavy metal detox?? whats your diet like?

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm seriously considering one for later this year. I've been on the IH regimen for several years, laser helmet for 9 months, hair masks for 6, heavy metal detox, etc. None of it has helped to regrow my hair, nor has it stopped the loss. It's possible it's slowed it down, but I can't really measure that. In any case, nothing has worked to any considerable degree, so I don't see any other options besides surgery or bic'ing it.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  tinman Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 pm

I've been trying to cut gluten from my diet and sugar. I eat lots of fruit and juice in smoothies, salads, vegetable juice, chicken, and beans. Don't CS's supplements provide a detox effect?

tinman

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:32 pm

to be honest and this is only my opinion, chicken and beans don't agree with everyone. too much fruit can be a problem. whats your salad dressing made of?? and is the veg. juice fresh?? these things are better than processed foods but still can cause problems in some! yes cs's line is a detox

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  tinman Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:35 pm

This diet is relatively new - cutting the gluten and sugar and adding lots of fruit. I have eaten mostly chicken for protein for years though. What would you recommend?

tinman

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 pm

nobody on this site will really help you say what you should eat i've learned!! the only thing i can really say is find out what foods dont make your head itch lol/cause inflammation!! the thing i have noticed is that i do the best starting out without really any sugar. Its really hard to watch results any other way for me but no sugar veg. fish and potatoes/rice is what i can stop my loss with..another reason its hard to tell is because when you eat something you dont know if its what you ate or something prior giving you a bad reaction

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:37 am

tinman wrote:I have used several topicals and supplements. I started using all on CS's daily regimen list several months ago. No noticeable difference yet.

It is not enough, you should wait at least 6 months. Not to mention the other things you need to do, chelation, diet, stress, other health problems that influence hair...Not to mention a couple of months is not enough to know what you are doing, as this natural method involves a lot of reading and researching....at least this was the case for me. The more you read and research, the more you understand and the more success you have.
I also thought about a hair transplant but I would like to wait another year, since this regimen kept religiously seems to do a slow but good job for the moment. One thing that I would never go for is the kind of transplant that cuts out a portion of your scalp to get the hair from it. The only thing I would do would be FUE and only as the last resort.

Last edited by mihai on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 am

"Hair transplants are the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. It’s like taking healthy people and moving them where everyone is dying." - Joe Rogan

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  tinman Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I appreciate your input and would like to hear from others. I've read that starting early is important and I'm hoping I can still regain my hair without a transplant.

tinman

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Wait until Histogen or Replicel comes out with their products in a few years (supposedly).
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  tinman Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:33 pm

With advances happening all the time, I'd like to think we have time to wait for the ultimate answer. Waiting a bit longer for the supplements to potentially work seems a bit more feasible.

tinman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down