Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Organic Cigarettes? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Organic Cigarettes? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Organic Cigarettes? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Organic Cigarettes?

+4
crincrin
bh2o
zanza
LA-Night
8 posters

Go down

Organic Cigarettes? Empty Organic Cigarettes?

Post  LA-Night Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:00 am

I see more & more people smoking organic American Spirit cigarettes.

The phrase 'organic cigarette' seems like an oxymoron, prompting many to rolls their eyes in disgust.

But maybe organic is a viable alternative to cigarettes laced w/obscene amounts of chemicals. Maybe it's the chemicals that hurt us the most.

Are organic cigarettes really that much better for your health than non-organic cigarettes?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Organic Cigarettes? Empty Re: Organic Cigarettes?

Post  zanza Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 am

LA-Night wrote:I see more & more people smoking organic American Spirit cigarettes.

The phrase 'organic cigarette' seems like an oxymoron, prompting many to rolls their eyes in disgust.

But maybe organic is a viable alternative to cigarettes laced w/obscene amounts of chemicals. Maybe it's the chemicals that hurt us the most.

Are organic cigarettes really that much better for your health than non-organic cigarettes?

I think yes, but still post dangers

zanza

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:26 am

zanza --

Agreed.

Organic cigarettes aren't healthy for you, obviously...maybe just healthier.

Are there any health-conscious members here who smoke organic cigarettes?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 am

I remember the thread where Prague listed gitanes sans filtre as a factor in his success with hair LOL I'm sure if he was joking either. Well, in theory the organic should be healthier, however, and I'm sure I don't have to say this--smoke is bad period. I'm sure those organic cigarrettes certainly appeal to a certain market do well, however I would like to see some numbers showing disease rates for these smokers versus say malboro smokers or something.

I read that tobacco is grown on iron rich soil and that smokers that smoke a pack a day can inhale as much as 1ug of iron a day. Iron bein 1 of many carcinogenic and mutagenic compounds in tobacco. I wonder how this organic brand differs in these compounds.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 am

The process of burning anything produces toxic chemicals. I doubt inhaling any kind of smoke is good for the average person in the long run.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm

LA-Night wrote:I see more & more people smoking organic American Spirit cigarettes.

Hey LA-Night.

I did some digging and found out that the natural spirits are "organic". Kinda.

They just don't have additives from my understanding but they are grown with the typical pesticides and high phosphate fertilizers.

STILL, I believe they are much better than your typical cigarette which contain bacteria!! The kind JDP tries to eliminate!! The moment I found that out I never smoked a non natural spirit again.

I need to look into this more, just haven't had the time. Will report back my findings.

NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:35 pm

doctors say any smoking is bad for u and i agree, but u have to admit smoking 3 rollies a day must be better for u than smoking 30 cigarettes a day laced with formaldyhye and other chemicals.

so yes its still carcinogenic, but not as carcinogenic as normal cigarettes.

btw lung cancer occurrs when the simple sqamous epithelia cells in the lung are rep[laced by simple cuboidal, because the thicker cells tolerate the smoky conditions better. the growth of the new cells encourages cancer ( a quick definition)

so if u want to avoid lung cancer, try to not smoke so much that ur body has to swap the cells in ur lungs to tolerate smoke.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 pm

what about electronic cigarette?

Back to top Go down

Organic Cigarettes? Empty electronic cigarettes

Post  jcreely Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:22 am

has anyone tried e-cigarettes? i just started using one as an alternative to smoking. the brand that i have been using is called cigirex and the main reason is because it contains vegetable glycerin as opposed to propylene glycol. amazingly to my surprise, it actually gives me the satisfaction of smoking by delivering the nicotine through water vapor. and the vapor gives you the psycholgical look of smoke.

anyone hear of harmful effects of this? (besides the controversy over propylene glycol)

jcreely

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 am

Until recently I smoked for 15 years, used to be a bit of a marlboro man. I started when I was an early teenager, when I look back Now I wish I never lit my first smoke!

nicotine acts as a vasoconstrictor, imo it's bad in any form & the pathways it takes to the brain is even worse.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 am

e-cigarettes are banned in australia, because of lack of scientific data on them, ie how bad they are for us.

its another case where they ban something that seems useful while allowing us the bad things that they can tax. The worlds a funny place.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down