Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Economic Collapse and Supplements EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Economic Collapse and Supplements

+3
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
halfempty
7 posters

Go down

Economic Collapse and Supplements Empty Economic Collapse and Supplements

Post  halfempty Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Ok guys. This recovery package thing is not going to work.

I think that we are going to make our regimens very basic in the coming years.

IH, have you thought about this? Any ideas?

With lasering, we don't have to keep buying supplies. But we do need electricity.

I am thinking of very basic supplements, the necessities like maybe maca/PM/7HMR and anti-oxidants.

Or maybe we can grow some stuff ourselves.

Even if you don't agree with me, I think it will be beneficial to at least be prepared.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Economic Collapse and Supplements Empty Re: Economic Collapse and Supplements

Post  The Natural Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:46 pm

I remember reading that a herb, pycgenol, pine bark, "remains effective in our bodies for 72 hours." Imagine the money we could save by taking supplements every three days.

Perhaps some of us could get away with taking them every other day and/or lowering the dosage.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 pm

halfempty - If we isolate the most effective supplements for ourselves in three basic areas:

antioxidants

Omega-3 fatty acid source

DHT/TGF-beta/MMP-9/DKK-1 control (triggers of inflammation)

In the antioxidant camp, I wouldn't go without Lipoic acid, Acetyl L-Carnitine or Ecklonia Cava but that's just me.
Curcumin, what can't this herb do? Emblica officinalis (Amla), Resveratrol are other choices for potential combos.

Omega-3 - Krill Oil is much more potent than standard fish oil, plus it has astaxanthin which keeps a lid on DHT to an extent. Vegan sources would Chia seed, Flax with Borage oil (GLA).

control over inflammation triggers - Curcumin is a nice two for one (handles both inflammation and is a potent antioxidant. Ecklonia Cava also a two for one in this respect. Pueraria Mirifica topically or internally (Ainterol is cheapest), Red Maca - Who's know the best source and price? Bio-DIM and 7-HMR round out the rest of the options unless we induce other types of Kudzu, like Pueraria Lobata.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:02 pm

The Natural - I would have included Pycnogenol, but it causes forehead acne in quite a few
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Halfempty: If it should come to a collapse that would prevent ordinary supplement business, I would purchase and stock up in kilogram on raw herb powders and make my own capsules or take the powders with food. You can get wholesale powders of PM Kudzu, Turmeric, Damiana, Maca and Cayenne.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 pm

It's also important that this forum continues to live despite global economic disaster. I'm not sure "forumandco" is the most reliable host.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:38 am

I fully expect supplement companies to collapse, and that is just not me who thinks so.

Stocking up on raw herb powders seems like it makes sense.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:18 am

I hear ya halfemptly. I definitely going to cut back when I get my laser helmet from Nid. Probably use EC, krill,7-hmr,turmeric, the basics. Still use .5 of propecia and some minox. Not to get all political but especially now you would think the government would spend money hear, just heard they are going to spend around 800 million on building up the Gaza strip. WTF If your going to spend money at least spend on the U.S. I mean I don't think New Orleans is fucking built up yet!

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:13 am

Why not take the easier route and get the hell out of America? If you have a bachelors degree you can easily take a short online class to get your certification to teach english overseas (TEFL, TESOL, etc.). I'm talking to a few schools in Russia, trying to get over there by september.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:54 am

I don't think Russia is heading in a better direction than U.S.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

I really think that we need to start focusing on how to become self-sufficient in relation to MPB treatments.

Going to Russia is not going to solve anything!!! This is a global economy, you simply cannot escape it.

I think we need to start looking past just cutting back on the supplements we buy. We need to start looking at comparable things that we can obtain on our own. I really do not believe that IHERB is going to be shipping out vitamins in the next couple of years.

I am going to start doing some research in this area after I finish midterms. I hope others will join me. I am thinking largely about diet and possibly growing stuff myself.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 am

Someone mentioned pine bark, not only is the inner bark edible, but the sap, twigs, needles, catkins, pine cones, and pine nuts of the pine tree are also edible. And pine trees are pretty much everywhere. When I go backpacking I hardly take much food with me, because I can count on the abundence of pine everywhere in California. And it has a lot of antioxidants and vitamin C.

Inner bark- can be shreded and chewed raw, or it can be steeped for tea
Sap- steep for tea
Twigs- Can be dried and eaten
Needles- can be chewed raw, steeped raw, or dried for tea
Catkins- eaten raw
Pine cones- eat raw, steep or dried for tea
Pine nuts- open cones and eat pine nuts raw

As for Russia, for sure their economy is on the downturn also, but it seems like their politicians are atleast doing something about it. Obama and the rest of our gov seem to only be intent on making things worse by borrowing, taxing, and spending more.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:41 am

Misirlou wrote:It's also important that this forum continues to live despite global economic disaster. I'm not sure "forumandco" is the most reliable host.

Backup plan if this forum disappears? no one?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 am

Espio your last comment is very true.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:The Natural - I would have included Pycnogenol, but it causes forehead acne in quite a few

Yes IH, I remember you mentioning that.

It caused some painful bumps on my scalp (even when taking it every two or three days), so I gave it up. But, at the time, I thought it was doing something for my hair loss. It is some powerful stuff!

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Espio wrote:
As for Russia, for sure their economy is on the downturn also, but it seems like their politicians are atleast doing something about it. Obama and the rest of our gov seem to only be intent on making things worse by borrowing, taxing, and spending more.

Perhaps, we should return to the good ol' days of George W. Bush and his side kick: Tricky Dick Cheney. Then, you could leave out the "taxing," for the rich, anyway...

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:02 pm

The Natural - It's amazing stuff, I wish I could take it (Pycnogenol) and it has profound effects for a lot of diseases involving poor circulation. Both me and my GF both got terrible forehead acne from it, but in others it works. It's done wonders with patients with severe clotting problems, who normally have to go on "rat poison" (coumadin) for the rest of their lives.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down