Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
short half-life sleeping aid? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

short half-life sleeping aid?

+2
Balthier
lustucru
6 posters

Go down

short half-life sleeping aid? Empty short half-life sleeping aid?

Post  lustucru Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:05 pm

if i take melatonin, the next morning i have such a hangover it's hard to get out of bed.
if i take valerian root, the next morning i have such a hangover it's hard to get out of bed.
if i take phenibut, the next three days i have such a hangover it's hard to get out of bed or do anything with my life.

is there something that would help me fall asleep, but would get metabolized quickly, or just go to the bladder quickly such that waking up wouldn't be a problem?

thanks!

lustucru

Back to top Go down

short half-life sleeping aid? Empty Re: short half-life sleeping aid?

Post  Balthier Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 am

does melatonin not matter dosage for you I take 1mg or less and get by with it and if I take more feel similar to what you described. Ashwaganda might help, or dr oz recommends lettuce opium.I have no idea where to get it besides online at expensive prices and this might be hype to a certain degree. Anybody ever try lettuce opium extract?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:22 am

Trytophan is very good

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:31 am

hellwig wrote:Trytophan is very good

"Although several amino acids can be acutely or chronically toxic, even lethal, when too much is eaten, tryptophan is the only amino acid that is also carcinogenic."
"On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases."
"I think these facts imply that excessive tryptophan, estrogen, and polyunsaturated fats contribute significantly, maybe decisively, to the degenerative changes that occur in aging. Experiments have separately shown that reducing dietary tryptophan or unsaturated fats can extend the healthy lifespan, and several antiestrogenic interventions (removal of the pituitary, or supplementing with progesterone) can slow age-related changes and delay degenerative diseases."

As well as many other things.
http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 am

"On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases"

So it's good for general mood, and good for hair, as well as being good for sleep!

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 am

hellwig wrote:"On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases"

So it's good for general mood, and good for hair, as well as being good for sleep!

I'm confused. You think low testosterone is good, or high serotonin?

Testosterone, quote from CS:
"Note to anyone who asks: Testosterone is good for hair, whether one is insulin resistant or not will determine DHT conversion). Testosterone improves glucose metabolism."

Serotonin:
http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/12/12/serotonin-the-misery-hormone.html

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 am

Increasing testosterone causes hairloss and decreasing serotonin causes low mood. I dont know why CS says testosterone is good for hair. Probably some obsure study on rats, but reality and common sense show something very different.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:02 am

hellwig wrote:Increasing testosterone causes hairloss and decreasing serotonin causes low mood. I dont know why CS says testosterone is good for hair. Probably some obsure study on rats, but reality and common sense show something very different.

Although I could be wrong, I doubt he said it on the basis of an "obsure" study alone and even so, a study has more weight than "common sense." After the whole "common sense" low carb paleo gave me irritability, panic attacks, fatigue and adrenaline surges in my sleep, I'm not a big fan of relying on common sense alone.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:06 am

Btw, this study has been posted on the forum before, not a rat in sight. Wink

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18811920

The study was performed to measure the impact of testosterone (T) administration on circulating levels of 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Group 1 (32 men; mean age 61 years; mean T 6.9 +/- 1.9 nmol l(-1)) were treated for 15 months with long-acting T undecanoate. Group 2 (23 men, mean age 60 years, mean T 7.6 +/- 2.0 nmol l(-1)) were treated for 9 months with T gel. Plasma T and DHT were measured before and after 9 months T administration. In the men treated with T undecanoate plasma T and DHT were also measured after 12 and 15 months. Before T administration, plasma DHT ranged from 0.39 to 1.76 nmol l(-1) (0.30-1.90 nmol l(-1)). Mean DHT declined upon T administration from 0.95 +/- 0.50 to 0.55 +/- 0.30 nmol l(-1) (P < 0.05). With an arbitrary cut-off at 0.60 nmol l(-1), all 21 values of DHT > 0.60 nmol l(-1) had fallen from 1.29 +/- 0.50 to 0.70 +/- 0.60 nmol l(-1) (P < 0.01). Below this cut-off point 13 values rose and 21 fell upon T administration. Below this cut-off point values on average declined from 0.39 +/- 0.12 to 0.30 +/- 0.14 nmol l(-1) (P < 0.05). The study revealed that in a cohort of elderly men with subnormal plasma T levels plasma DHT levels declined upon T administration when they were in the higher range of normal (>0.6 nmol l(-1)), with a profound shift of DHT/T ratios presumed to be an indicator of a reduced 5alpha-reductase activity. Below plasma DHT levels of 0.6 nmol l(-1), responses of plasma DHT to T administration varied

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 am

Paleo is not common sense, it's one of many diet theories. Just lol @ that study of 60 year old men. If testosterone was good for hair then we would all be taking steroids or tribulus and reporting regrowth. Only problem is in reality just the opposite happens (already bald pensioners excluded).

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm

http://www.lowtestosterone.com/Testosterone_and_Hair_Loss.php

In regards to the bodys biochemistry and how complex it is, I am unsure how anyone can assume any of it is "common sense" Without studies, your DHT increase with T increase is just a theory, unless you have something to back that up. Why anyone would think low testosterone is a good idea is beyond me, lol. I'm not saying and don't believe that increasing T would stop hair loss completely, as I don't believe DHT is only aspect of hair loss.

Quotes from CS:
"Tribulus will work if your testosterone levels are below normal. However, it will not raise them above normal."
"Steroids induce insulin resistance and significantly increase oxidative stress (free radical generation). They also upset intestinal microflora balance. In addition, they further deplete endogenous defense systems."

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  lustucru Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 pm

tooyoung wrote:"Steroids induce insulin resistance and significantly increase oxidative stress (free radical generation). They also upset intestinal microflora balance. In addition, they further deplete endogenous defense systems."

i have always been convinced that systemic triamcinolone is what triggered my temple hairloss onset years ago.

lustucru

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Tribulus DOES increase testosterone above normal. Loads of healthy young men take it for bodybuilding purposes and it works almost as well as steroids for muscle gain and fat loss, with similiar side effects of aggression, hairloss and acne. It is a well known fact in the real world that when you take steroids (or anything else) to increase testosterone you will lose hair if already susceptible. I swear people saying otherwise must have never been to a gym in their lives.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

temazapam has a short half life, it wears off while sleeping, its good for getting 6-7 hrs, as it puts u to sleep then wears off so ur bodies sleeping pattern takes over.

however it is a drug, a benzodiazapine, personally i have never found a natural substance that works well. however my favorite was kava root, which unfortunately is banned in some places because some idiot over dosed and combined with alcohol and died. ask in ur health food shop. valerian gave me weird dreams and makes me feel funny in the head.
and homeopathic melatonin and tryptophan are wastes of time imo. also theres a over the counter med called doxylamine, (dozile) it works well but theres a bit of a hangover, but u dont need a prescription so its good for emergencies.

ive tried them all and temazapam works the best for me, but some ppl dont like taking drugs.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:34 pm

hellwig wrote:It is a well known fact in the real world that when you take steroids (or anything else) to increase testosterone you will lose hair if already susceptible.

Lol, ok just ignore everything I said about steroids and insulin resistance, oxidative stress, depleting defense systems and altering intestinal microflora.

hellwig wrote:I swear people saying otherwise must have never been to a gym in their lives.

Not 100% sure if you're serious lol.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 pm

You didnt say anything, you quoted someone else. The same someone else who said tribulus doesnt raise testosterone unless it is low, when clearly it does. Just because one person says one thing doesnt make it true. Steroids may well do all those things but the increase in testosterone, hence dht, is the real killer. Instead of blindly following other peoples opinions, take a load of tribulus for 3 months and report back your own findings. The shedding will probably stop you long before 3 months

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:23 pm

hellwig wrote:when clearly it does.

A convincing argument. Thanks for the advice to purposely make me shed lol. Even if I did that it still wouldn't mean trib increases T, which increases DHT. I quickly searched tribulus and there was lots of bodybuilders claiming it increases estrogen...

I think I've posted enough for OP to form his own opinion on tryptophan anyway, will look at any evidence you post hellwig.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:49 am

You can no longer be taken seriously if you're actually suggestion tribulus, the well known testosterone booster, doesnt increase testosterone but increases estrogen. You get all your information from selective reading to suit some abstract theory, yet refuse to take the substance because you know full well the increased testosterone and dht will make your hair fall out. I've taken tribulus, and I know at least 10 people who've taken it. Some even taken it post steroid cycle to prevent estrogenic effects. All report increased muscle, decreased fat, increased aggression, sex drive, increased sperm volume. All CLEARLY OBVIOUS signs of increased testosterone. No abstract theory or study of pensioners needed when you have common sense and real world experience. Your argument is about as silly as telling me that sugar isnt sweet because there's no evidenve to suggest it is, yet refuse to taste it yourself. No more sillyness please...

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  share212 Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you for sharing

share212

http:// www.juicylacewigs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lustucru Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 pm

hellwig: do you think it's tribulus + epilobium that allowed you to lower your DHT while having a good sex drive?

lustucru

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 pm

I no longer take tribulus because, like I said, it increases testosterone and dht and makes my hair fall out. It used to be very tempting to keep using because of it's anobolic effects, but my hair is more important than my physique now. I take epilobium to reduce dht though I have no signs that it actually is as of yet, ie no decrease in libido, mood, or shedding, as I experienced with dutasteride.

The taking of epilobium prompted a highly abnormal increase in libido. I couldnt handle the full dose because it gave me a permanent erection. It didnt increase aggression or shedding however, as I would experience with tribulus. It wasnt epilobium alone that had this effect, since I cut out half my other supplements and am fine with the full dose now. At the time I was taking many other things, most notibly maca, seemingly creating a synergistic effect with epilobium. Maca alone very slightly increases sex drive.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down