Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
N, N Dimethyl Glycine EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

N, N Dimethyl Glycine

4 posters

Go down

N, N Dimethyl Glycine Empty N, N Dimethyl Glycine

Post  NewReg Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:32 am

I feel like EC has been the most beneficial herb for me in the battle against hairloss, so I have been looking at other herbs that have similar advertised effects. Curcumin is clearly one of these, but it may be a bit too powerful for my system at this point. However, I did find the following product with some good reviews:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=3288&at=0

The reviews are not for hairloss, but rather for things like fibromyalgia. As you know, EC is also great in the battle against autoimmune inflammatory diseases, so I thought that there may be some correlation and added benefit to taking N, N Dimethyl Glycine (also known as DMG).

I'm thinking of replacing 7 HMR with this. I know they don't serve the same function, but I'm not too sure about 7 HMR's effectiveness with me. In that regard, if anyone has a 7 HMR replacement they are using and happy with let me know. I've recently plateaud and am looking to add something new to the mix. Thanks.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

N, N Dimethyl Glycine Empty Re: N, N Dimethyl Glycine

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 pm

NewReg - The two products have very little in common, but if you're looking for an alternative to 7-HMR,
PM Kudzu or Bio-DIM, or perhaps Red Maca would be good.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  edci Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:27 pm

on a related note, would it be advisable (or would there be any additional benefit) to take both red maca and pm together?

edci

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:15 pm

I know Ec is a great antioxidant but what also does it do? IH did you say it also raises our growth hormone level.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 pm

chapat - Here's an excerpt from my main page on it:

The value of Ecklonia Cava (Seanol).

The most powerful inhibitor of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) is a brown algae-based polyphenol, called Ecklonia Cava. It is a brown algae which grows at a depth of about 100 feet. Seanol is effectively extracted from Ecklonia Cava and has an interconnected phenolic ring structure capable of trapping ten to 100 times the free radicals of either Green tea and Resveratrol extracts.

Life Sci. 2006 Sep 5;79(15):1436-43.

Ecklonia Cava is also known as a phlorotannin and is 40% fat soluble, this means it acts as both a water and fat soluble anti-oxidant. Ecklonia cava is by far the most versatile supplement I've ever discovered to treat hair loss. Besides it potent inhibition of MMP-9, it effects a whole array of systems.
The polyphenols of Ecklonia cava can last up to 12 hours in human metabolism, while compared to most plant-based tannins have a half-life of just 30 minutes. Ecklonia cava's oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) value, the score for anti-oxidation potential is 8,300, is much higher than most land-based polyphenols.

Ecklonia Cava is one of the most powerful and versatile plant tannins in existence. It's been found to regulate cortisol, lower blood pressure, increase growth hormone levels, lower triglycerides, provides anti-inflammatory effects by a variety of mechanisms, such as inhibition of the NF-kB inflammatory pathway which also serves to normalize blood glucose levels.

The benefits do not end there, besides its ability to penetrate the blood-brain-barrier, offering protection against oxidative stress, it also offers a significant increase in trans-cranial blood flow giving powerful release in alpha brain waves and parasympathetic nerve response. This creates a heightened sense of relaxation and mental alertness. Animal research shows positive increases in gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), noripenepherine and serotonin levels. A large number of human users report improved sleep. Personally, I find the beneficial effects to my hair to be the most rewarding.

You might think the benefits end there, not so fast. In addition, this phlorotannin posesses a potent anti-plasmin inhibition activity, which results in thinner blood viscosity. Generally, the thinner our blood, the longer we live. Ecklonia cava helps maintain normal blood pressure and has been comparable to the ACE inhibitor drug, enalapril.

Recently, it was found that high blood pressure is strongly associated with androgenetic hair loss.

Eur J Dermatol. 2007 May-Jun;17(3):220-2.

Ecklonia Cava has potent anti-DGAT activity. Diacylglycerol acyltransferase or DGAT is an enzyme that catalyzes triacylgycerol in adipocytes, hence the inhibition of this is currently being explored as drug targets for help with obesity. Unlike Ecklonia cava, drugs with this ability have serious side effects. Last but, certainly not least, Ecklonia Cava helps prevent premature wrinkling by increasing the enzyme activity of elastase.

Yes, also it increases levels of growth hormone as well.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:40 pm

I second that EC is the best supplement I've used for hairloss (besides Fin.). And I noticed a definite increase in quality and growth when I went from just 1 capsule in the AM to 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I looked at the Doctor's Best Seanol I have and actually recommends 1-3 capsules, 2 times a day. I think I might up my dose and see if I get even better results.

Next, we need to find ourselves another EC...

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:19 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:NewReg - The two products have very little in common, but if you're looking for an alternative to 7-HMR,
PM Kudzu or Bio-DIM, or perhaps Red Maca would be good.
I looked into Bio-DIM, but am confused as to how that would help our plight. I thought the idea was to reduce estrogen. This seems to be used primarily to help women going through menopause and for younger women who want to increase their breast size. I'm definitely not interested in that. What does Bio-DIM hope to achieve for men, and how does it help hair?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down