Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells)

5 posters

Go down

Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) Empty Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells)

Post  Columbo Sat May 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Commentary

"This led the scientists to suggest that perhaps it was so-called “epigenetic” factors, such as the addition of certain proteins to the mitochondrial DNA, which might be creating the defects that cause the signs of aging. If this were the case - the researchers purposed - then “resetting” the cell lines to stem cells would correct and remove these epigenetic factors. When they tested this with the cell lines from the older people, this is exactly what they found. Quite amazingly, it seemed to turn the “old” cells back into “young” ones. When they looked further into the sections of DNA that might be influenced by these epigenetic factors, their results pointed to two regions that control the production of a particular amino acid. The amino acid in question is called glycine. What’s more, when they then bathed the cell line derived from a 97-year-old in glycine for ten days, it restored the mitochondria’s ability to produce energy and reversed some age related defects."

Study

Epigenetic regulation of the nuclear-coded GCAT and SHMT2 genes confers human age-associated mitochondrial respiration defects

Age-associated accumulation of somatic mutations in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) has been proposed to be responsible for the age-associated mitochondrial respiration defects found in elderly human subjects. We carried out reprogramming of human fibroblast lines derived from elderly subjects by generating their induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), and examined another possibility, namely that these aging phenotypes are controlled not by mutations but by epigenetic regulation. Here, we show that reprogramming of elderly fibroblasts restores age-associated mitochondrial respiration defects, indicating that these aging phenotypes are reversible and are similar to differentiation phenotypes in that both are controlled by epigenetic regulation, not by mutations in either the nuclear or the mitochondrial genome. Microarray screening revealed that epigenetic downregulation of the nuclear-coded GCAT gene, which is involved in glycine production in mitochondria, is partly responsible for these aging phenotypes. Treatment of elderly fibroblasts with glycine effectively prevented the expression of these aging phenotypes.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150522/srep10434/full/srep10434.html
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) Empty Re: Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells)

Post  Delphine Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:14 am

Columbo wrote:Commentary

"This led the scientists to suggest that perhaps it was so-called “epigenetic” factors, such as the addition of certain proteins to the mitochondrial DNA, which might be creating the defects that cause the signs of aging. If this were the case - the researchers purposed - then “resetting” the cell lines to stem cells would correct and remove these epigenetic factors. When they tested this with the cell lines from the older people, this is exactly what they found. Quite amazingly, it seemed to turn the “old” cells back into “young” ones. When they looked further into the sections of DNA that might be influenced by these epigenetic factors, their results pointed to two regions that control the production of a particular amino acid. The amino acid in question is called glycine. What’s more, when they then bathed the cell line derived from a 97-year-old in glycine for ten days, it restored the mitochondria’s ability to produce energy and reversed some age related defects."

Study

Epigenetic regulation of the nuclear-coded GCAT and SHMT2 genes confers human age-associated mitochondrial respiration defects

Age-associated accumulation of somatic mutations in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) has been proposed to be responsible for the age-associated mitochondrial respiration defects found in elderly human subjects. We carried out reprogramming of human fibroblast lines derived from elderly subjects by generating their induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), and examined another possibility, namely that these aging phenotypes are controlled not by mutations but by epigenetic regulation. Here, we show that reprogramming of elderly fibroblasts restores age-associated mitochondrial respiration defects, indicating that these aging phenotypes are reversible and are similar to differentiation phenotypes in that both are controlled by epigenetic regulation, not by mutations in either the nuclear or the mitochondrial genome. Microarray screening revealed that epigenetic downregulation of the nuclear-coded GCAT gene, which is involved in glycine production in mitochondria, is partly responsible for these aging phenotypes. Treatment of elderly fibroblasts with glycine effectively prevented the expression of these aging phenotypes.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150522/srep10434/full/srep10434.html

Looks like gelatin is the food highest in glycine. Unfortunately, it also contains a lot of fluoride.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells) Empty Re: Glycine Reverses DNA Damage / Aging (even in a 97 year old's cells)

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:39 am

glycine powder tastes lik sugar and can be used in coffee

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:54 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:glycine powder tastes lik sugar and can be used in coffee

Thanks. Do you know what it's made from?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Delphine wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:glycine powder tastes lik sugar and can be used in coffee

Thanks.  Do you know what it's made from?

corn or soybeans i assume

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Was reading this and it reminded me of this thread. I have begun taking 12 grams of glycine per day.

http://www.theguthealthprotocol.com/wp/glycine-the-most-important-inflammation-regulator/
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 am

Yeah... I have been reading up on this too. I was mainly reading up on the gelatin side of things and that steered me toward L-Glycine. I am interested in adding this supplement, but wanted to get some opinions. It kind of makes sense to me that with the gelatin, we do not consume the parts of the animal that contains this naturally.

So, would a supplement like this be good to add - http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Glycine-500-mg-200-Capsules/1235

Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:55 am

Renky wrote:Yeah... I have been reading up on this too. I was mainly reading up on the gelatin side of things and that steered me toward L-Glycine. I am interested in adding this supplement, but wanted to get some opinions. It kind of makes sense to me that with the gelatin, we do not consume the parts of the animal that contains this naturally.

So, would a supplement like this be good to add - http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Glycine-500-mg-200-Capsules/1235

Thanks

I'd recommend the pure powder with nothing added. I'm using NOW brand. Does double duty as a mild sweetener. cheers
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 pm

I always prefer capsules if possible, so are you saying powder works better?

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Renky wrote:I always prefer capsules if possible, so are you saying powder works better?

Thanks.

Not better necessary, but way cheaper and without any expedients in bulk. You can get 1 kilos (2.2lb) for $25. Glycine is easily my top ten health supplement.

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:06 pm

4039 wrote:
Renky wrote:I always prefer capsules if possible, so are you saying powder works better?

Thanks.

Not better necessary, but way cheaper and without any expedients in bulk. You can get 1 kilos (2.2lb) for $25. Glycine is easily my top ten health supplement.

OK, what's your source for the kilo at $25? Thanks...
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 pm

4039 wrote:

Thanks.

Curious, what's your other 9? Very Happy
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down