Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique

+4
Gibson
europe
The Natural
NewReg
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 Empty Re: Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique

Post  The Natural Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:24 pm

NewReg,

Gibson is correct. My curcumin and resveratrol are both Jarrow products. I have been using this regimen for almost 11 months. And it has done very well. Last year (January), a doctor advised me to try Propecia for my hair (which at the time, was thinning badly). After doing some research, I decided on this curcumin/resveratrol regimen instead. I returned to see this doctor three weeks ago, and even he had to admit that this combination of herbs was working.

He did not recommend Propecia again.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique - Page 2 Empty Re: Progress update, regiment detail, and request for critique

Post  edony Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 am

Hey Brian,

Why 7-HMR may have a negative effect on hair (as quite a few report horrible shed) instead of helping with hair loss issues? It seems to be controversial as well as PM

Gibson-Are you using red maca?if yes,can you post a link where to buy?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 am

>I don't want to experience gyno or anything like the guys using PM.

PM Kudzu does not cause gyno unless taken in excess!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 am

The Natural wrote:NewReg,

Gibson is correct. My curcumin and resveratrol are both Jarrow products. I have been using this regimen for almost 11 months. And it has done very well. Last year (January), a doctor advised me to try Propecia for my hair (which at the time, was thinning badly). After doing some research, I decided on this curcumin/resveratrol regimen instead. I returned to see this doctor three weeks ago, and even he had to admit that this combination of herbs was working.

He did not recommend Propecia again.

TN
Really glad to hear about your hair loss prevention. That's amazing. My progress has been decent, but far more subtle than yours. I was on Fin. for 7+ years, and got off in Jan. of '08 to start the IH regiment. I have definitely lost some hair. I went from a NW 3 to a NW 4, but lost far less than I would have if I just stopped Fin. and did nothing else about it. However, I am also feeling more optimistic than ever after having used my body to test different things over his past year. I've started to see some new growth recently due to just a couple of tweaks.

I tried adding curcumin in a little while ago, but my body didn't take to it too well. I was using New Chapter Turmeric Force softgels. I think they are just too strong for me. I'm going to try the Jarrow product next. I have some Doctor's Best resveratrol, but was taking it at a time when I had been adding a bunch of other stuff in at the same time and just ended up abandoning everything for lack of results. Will go back and try it when I get a new baseline. Also, I was thinking of getting some transdermal resveratrol as it seems best absorbed through the skin.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 pm

New Reg,

I used both curcumin and resveratrol at different times in the past, with nothing positive to speak of. It was not until I used them together that I experienced any results.

I started out with Jarrow's curcumin, but then, changed to New Chapter's Turmeric Force, because it is a strong, one-a-day gel capsule. ConsumerLab also gives this product a thumbs up meaning "that it did not contain lead, and did have the amount of curcuminoids it claimed."

I thought it was a good product. But, I made the mistake of refrigerating Turmeric Force (don't ask me why, it was the summer, very hot, I was thinking that maybe the gel capsules might spoil or melt), and developed a horrible allergic reaction. I had to go to the doctor for steroids in order to bring the irritation under control. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again.

After that, I went back to the Jarrow's, which, as I stated before, is a solid product. Their resveratrol also "complied with the stated trans-resveratrol content," according to ConsumerLab.

You are absolutely right about the necessity of "finding a baseline," and then working from there.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:07 pm

edony - Shedding often involves a paradox. That is, shedding (exogen stage) comes before the anagen stage. Prior to anagen there is a fallout of the existing hair to make way for the new hair. This is one theory.

Or, it maybe that 7-HMR is not right for some. I find that occasional shedding happens during certain times of the year for whatever reason. A mere suggestion of one thing causing the problem could be entirely subjective.

But when in doubt, there are so many other alternatives to 7-HMR anyway. Once we can settle on which Maca is the best, preferably Red Maca and build on a consensus. Also Pueraria Mirifica seems good, but the dosage has to be worked out.

Curcumin seem has so much going for it too, so in the end, trial and error is everything.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

The Natural wrote:I thought it was a good product. But, I made the mistake of refrigerating Turmeric Force (don't ask me why, it was the summer, very hot, I was thinking that maybe the gel capsules might spoil or melt), and developed a horrible allergic reaction. I had to go to the doctor for steroids in order to bring the irritation under control. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again.
Wow, I wonder what effect refrigeration had on the formula. Crazy. I agree that the Turmeric Force is a high quality product, but I also think it may be a bit overwhelming for some systems. I've had my own difficulties with it. I'm going to give myself another month and the add the Jarrow Curcumin with my Doctor's Best Resveratrol.

CausticSymmetry wrote:Or, it maybe that 7-HMR is not right for some. I find that occasional shedding happens during certain times of the year for whatever reason. A mere suggestion of one thing causing the problem could be entirely subjective.

But when in doubt, there are so many other alternatives to 7-HMR anyway. Once we can settle on which Maca is the best, preferably Red Maca and build on a consensus. Also Pueraria Mirifica seems good, but the dosage has to be worked out.
I'm going off 7 HMR as of today, and am doubling my EC to 800mg in the AM and another 800 in the PM. I'll keep you posted. I'm going to keep my eye on the red maca feedback, but am not ready to take it on just yet.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:25 pm

How much curc/resv do you guyus take?

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:54 am

Wowww, NewReg 4 caps EC /month !That will cost u a fortune man! pale Wink
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:44 pm

edony wrote:Wowww, NewReg 4 caps EC /month !That will cost u a fortune man! pale Wink
I know, but I also believe (like CS) that hair loss is the expression of underlying deficiencies and imbalances. If I can find a natural regiment that reverses the loss and grows hair, I believe I will also be making myself healthier overall. I mean, the jury is still out on how far you can or should go, etc., but there is definitely some truth there. I feel fantastic on my current regiment, and that's worth every penny.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:44 am

NewReg wrote:
europe wrote:tiny question, where do you buy your toco 8 ?

and do you think it's better than the one of the natural ?
thanx
I get my Toco8 here: http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/Tocotrienols_vitamine_Toco8.html I believ 6 of the Tocos are all natural and 2 are synthetic.

I have no opinion on whether or not mine is better than The Natural's, because I have never tried his. However, the one I take is from palm fruit as well, so it could be very similar, if not, the same. The thing I like about mine is that it is all natural, not heat compressed into a tablet (ruins Vitamin E), and also contains CO-Enzyme Q12

The Natural - Where do you buy yours? I'm willing to test it out when I am finished with my current batch of Toco8.

NewReg,

I recently finished my last batch of Jarrow's TOCO-SORB, so (beginning today or tomorrow) I am looking forward to testing out Toco-8, and reporting any changes or differences.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Newreg,

I doubt the added EC will make a great difference; I consider it more a luxury to take extra.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:04 pm

The Natural wrote:NewReg,

I recently finished my last batch of Jarrow's TOCO-SORB, so (beginning today or tomorrow) I am looking forward to testing out Toco-8, and reporting any changes or differences.

TN
Yeah, keep me posted. I'd like to know what your experience is. Also, a correction from an earlier post, it seems that the whole of Toco-8 is natural; all from palm fruit.

I just ordered some Jarrow Co Q10 today, myself. Looking forward to seeing what that addition does.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Gibson wrote:Newreg,

I doubt the added EC will make a great difference; I consider it more a luxury to take extra.
Yeah, I stopped. I didn't notice any difference.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2