Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb?

+4
Hoppipolla
diffuse
Nuada
m1234
8 posters

Go down

Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? Empty Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb?

Post  m1234 Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey guys
I just recieved most my iherb order (5 different items) and have had to pay a £25 customs charge!! Plus its taken over 3 weeks to recieve them--has anyone else had this problem?

m1234

Back to top Go down

Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? Empty Re: Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb?

Post  Nuada Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 pm

I am not from the uk but I had a similar problem. Apparently in turkey, if your order costs more than 100 euros, you have to pay an additional custom tax which is around 100$ + some other fees aswell. I had an order of 140$ and it was stuck @ the customs office, they called me and told me about the procedure. In the end, it turns out that I have to pay about 140$(even more) to get my order back. I said "thanks, keep it." lol. So I started ordering small amounts, around 60$ orders, and there hasn't been a problem ever since.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb? Empty Re: Anyone from the UK having problems with iherb?

Post  diffuse Sun May 02, 2010 5:41 am

I realise this is a really old thread but..I received my first iherb order a couple of weeks ago and now today I have received a bill from DHL demanding an extra £31. That is by far the biggest charge I've ever had for importing something. Does anyone from the UK know any way around the charge, or good alternative suppliers? (for the future - I guess I have no choice but to pay this one).

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun May 02, 2010 12:03 pm

aw sucks no I've had nothing....... yet. I placed a huge order with them (about £40's worth) I guess not huge but quite big.. let's see how it turns out!! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm

DHL is the default shipping method on Iherb but can be changed to the 4$ flatrate USPS and they dont send out bills.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 am

I got a £15 something or other extra that I had to pay. :/ Is it to do with the shipping method than actually ordering from them?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Maup Mon May 03, 2010 11:06 pm

I live in Europe and i'm waiting for my order for almost a month now. Normally i get it within a week. Hope it did not get lost/stolen.

Maup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon May 03, 2010 11:42 pm

North Europe, so is the extra bills to do with the shipping rather than just from ordering from iherb?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue May 04, 2010 12:37 am

tooyoung, the extra bills are only for DHL shipping since they charge more for shipping and ontop of
that a bill for import tax. By selecting USPS instead of DHL, the charge is $4 flatrate int. airmail. This way you get cheaper shipping and they do no collect import tax collection, which is left to the customs control who are often too bussy to bother with small packages.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 am

North-Europe wrote:tooyoung, the extra bills are only for DHL shipping since they charge more for shipping and ontop of
that a bill for import tax. By selecting USPS instead of DHL, the charge is $4 flatrate int. airmail. This way you get cheaper shipping and they do no collect import tax collection, which is left to the customs control who are often too bussy to bother with small packages.

When I ordered my SSKI from the US recently, it was shipped via USPS. A week later, the Royal Mail put a leaflet through my letterbox saying my parcel is at their depot and I had to pay almost £12 in customs. When I collected the parcel, £8 of that was a Royal Mail International Handling Fee, while the rest was VAT...
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Tue May 04, 2010 5:58 am

The vast majority of my charge was VAT. It basically seemed to be tax added to an import (not sure why just this import..special rule for supplements?). Anyway thanks all, I'll try the other delivery options next time.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 am

An option is to refuse to pay the vat and demand the package is returned to sender ..

Then after awhile they get tired of having to return small value packets so they may start focus on larger-value packets that are not likely to be returned.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 am

North Europe - Don't you just lose everything you've ordered by asking it to be returned to sender, or do iherb ship it back?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 am

tooyoung wrote:North Europe - Don't you just lose everything you've ordered by asking it to be returned to sender, or do iherb ship it back?

He is suggesting you send it back which defeats the whole purpose of placing an order. You place an order to get an item, not to have it shipped to the UK only to send it back.

I have no problems with VAT charges, what I have a problem with is the ridiculous handling fees FedEX and Royal Mail charge on their International orders.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue May 04, 2010 8:24 am

So is there no way to avoid the royal mail charges?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 am

tooyoung wrote:So is there no way to avoid the royal mail charges?

Well when I ordered from Swanson, they shipped via FedEX and they charged me VAT and (I think) a £12 handling charge. With USPS, it somehow was delivered to Royal Mail who also charged VAT and a handling charge. I am interested in buying the top 6/7 but it's expensive already and when customs got hold of my items, it's going to drive the cost up ALOT. If I could avoid customs, I would buy a lot more supplements from the US.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down