Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
L-Carnitine sides? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
L-Carnitine sides? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
L-Carnitine sides? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

L-Carnitine sides?

+3
nidhogge
CausticSymmetry
Future
7 posters

Go down

L-Carnitine sides? Empty L-Carnitine sides?

Post  Future Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:08 am

Greetings IH! Newbie to the forum here...

I just started taking L-Carnitine and ALA, based on your suggestions, but have now developed a nasty rash under both armpits. Seems Carnitine may be the culprit, based on what I've read. I'm currently taking 3000 mg of carnitine with 300 mg of ALA in divided doses per meal, and though I feel more energetic (seriously), I can't deal with this rash. Do you think it would be safe to drop the dosage of Carnitine but keep up the ALA, or would that upset the balance of things?

I've also recently added Fibroboost and Resveratrol, though I haven't read anything about those that would point to any sort of skin reactions.

Thanks,

Future

Future

Back to top Go down

L-Carnitine sides? Empty Re: L-Carnitine sides?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:17 am

Future - One member had a rash from Ecklonia Cava (Fibroboost). It's the only report I have heard concerning a rash. Carnitine has never been associated with a rash for as many years as I've known about it. One distinction I should make is with Carnitine, the kind recommended is Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC), not regular Carnitine.

Acetyl L-Carnitine does quite a bit more than regular Carnitine. Either way, it would be surprising if that is the source of the rash.

Let us know what you find out, and we'll figure something out.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Future Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:44 am

I meant to mention that I am taking the Acetyl-L-Carnitine, from iherb.com.

I'll drop the Fibroboost and the ALC for a few days and let you know what happens.

Future

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:43 am

Just wanted to note that I take a Carn-it-All tab once per meal, 3x a day, AND an Acetyl-L Carnitine tab at 1g once per meal, 3x a day. Sort of covers the full-spectrum of Carnitines. I've noticed the boost in energy! I've been trying out BodyBuilding.com's R-Lipoic Acid (that's actually from proteinfactory.com though, interestingly enough, BB.com sells it cheaper than proteinfactor.com sells their own product), and have liked it thus far.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:05 am

Since i am in this topic will give it some sort of personal review of it, beside question i have regarding it.

I've been using it regularly 2 times daily with R-lipoic acid from IH6 last 6 months and can say it makes me a better tennis player while using it. More energy, better decisons, feeling better in stressfull situations - i really feel it that way. Dont know why, but I cant say the same for my chess experiment. I lost more matches with taking it, playing with a person i win more times then lose or draw with. I know science is on side of it, but decided to share my (not positive) experiments anyway. I still won him, 10-5-6, but points were mainly without any ''mental doping'' - i decided to put it on a test last week. Please dont argue about credibility of experiment, cause I KNOW it's not scientific in many, many ways, but found it still interesting to share it with you as well as this research Aging mice on ALA, ALC - measuring with EEG..

So there is my question. I've bought another bottles of ALA+ALC for my father who has a bit high blood sugar and want to repair it with ''healthyfixx'' recomended supps + workout + diet. I dont want him to develop any kind of dependencies on this stuff, so is there anybody who has experiences using ALA+ALC long term?

Tnx

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 am

I started taking 500mg of Acetly-L-Carnitine and R-ALA coupled with NAC and Milk Thristle. Since supplementing with this combo I have trouble sleeping (my mind is racing), also I urinate frequently, all the time I have this urge that I need to urinate, do you think Carnitine is causing this or something else?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 am

heavy metals

ALA interferes a lot with it

I'm not a fan of using ALA for hair loss

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:18 am

Biffy wrote:I started taking 500mg of Acetly-L-Carnitine and R-ALA coupled with NAC and Milk Thristle. Since supplementing with this combo I have trouble sleeping (my mind is racing), also I urinate frequently, all the time I have this urge that I need to urinate, do you think Carnitine is causing this or something else?

It's best to take about 1,000 of ALC by the way, with the stabilized R-ALA (preferably with a meal).
Some people will get too much energy, so it's best to avoid this at night, would instead try for either breakfast or lunch.

Hope this helps.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:heavy metals

ALA interferes a lot with it

I'm not a fan of using ALA for hair loss

It's a sulfur compound, which boosts glutathione levels to promote detoxification. I've taken the Lipoic acid and Acetyl L-Carnitine combo without interruption since 2004. For me, it's made life easier.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 am

Beebrox wrote:Since i am in this topic will give it some sort of personal review of it, beside question i have regarding it.

I've been using it regularly 2 times daily with R-lipoic acid from IH6 last 6 months and can say it makes me a better tennis player while using it. More energy, better decisons, feeling better in stressfull situations - i really feel it that way. Dont know why, but I cant say the same for my chess experiment. I lost more matches with taking it, playing with a person i win more times then lose or draw with. I know science is on side of it, but decided to share my (not positive) experiments anyway. I still won him, 10-5-6, but points were mainly without any ''mental doping''  - i decided to put it on a test last week. Please dont argue about credibility of experiment, cause I KNOW it's not scientific in many, many ways, but found it still interesting to share it with you as well as this research Aging mice on ALA, ALC - measuring with EEG..

So there is my question. I've bought another bottles of ALA+ALC for my father who has a bit high blood sugar and want to repair it with ''healthyfixx'' recomended supps + workout + diet. I dont want him to develop any kind of dependencies on this stuff, so is there anybody who has experiences using ALA+ALC long term?

Tnx

Beebrox, that study you posted shows the combination to help.

How did the ALC/ALA make you feel mentally in a more specific way? Like you couldn't relax properly to make chess moves or that mental processes felt slower?

Also, immortal, have you ever heard of a cognitive decline from taking this combo? What would you attribute it too in beebrox's case?

Thanks

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:22 am

I forgot to mention that combo of 500mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine and 100mg R-ALA coupled with 400mg NAC and 100mg Milk Thristle is making me shed thick long hair for days - my good results we diminished in a matter of week. Since I stopped this supplementation shedding is gone - maybe it was just a coincidence or a good shed, you never know with this hair loss Sad. Just so you know I surely don't want to scare people and I think this supplements are awesome. Could it be because of detox and mercury released from the tissue, biotin depletion, maybe something else, my guess would be NAC detox? Is salt loading any good for this situation?

Last edited by Biffy on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 am

maybe biotin depletion

that combo would need vitamin c to work too

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down