Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review

+6
CausticSymmetry
Yanks
Balthier
Zaphod
longhairedredhead
granger451
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review Empty Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review

Post  granger451 Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 am

I am trying to incorporate more of ray peats philosophies and Immortal hair philosophies. However both are geared toward overall health and assuming hair will work itself out downstream. I think these are great and will continue to experiment but i feel if i realistically want some real results I'm going to need add a little more "kick" and take supplements that directly attack the anti-hair hormones. (DHT, estrogen, prolactin, cortisol , etc. )

I wanted to fully review the regimen from the other site most of us commonly frequent. I see various parts of this website discussed here so lets just fully dissect it all to take out the best parts Smile
http://www.hairloss-research.org/

CS & others what do you think of each of these independently? Anybody else trying any of these?

1. Oral Resveratrol/Curcumin
2. Theaflavin
3. L-Taruine/Green Tea/Zinc
4. Grape Seed Extract w/ Resveratol and Pterostilbene
5. Super Absorbable Soy Isoflavones
6. Super Absorbable Tocotrienols
7. Ultra Natrual Prostate Formula
8. Natural Estrogen w/ pomegrenate extract ( phytoestrogen)

The soy isoflavones give me reservations because of what I've read on this being anti-thyroid. So ill 99% stay away from this.
I don't know much about resveratrol but am generally always skeptical of the latest health fad like 'goji berries' or whatever.

Last edited by granger451 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review Empty Re: Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review

Post  longhairedredhead Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 am

I can never resist to laugh whenever I see those "super" and "ultra" prefixes in product names. Very Happy
I've always found that site quite interesting, and have read almost all articles on their site before discovering this forum. It was also the site on which I discovered taurine, which has definitely helped me for the last couple of months.
However it always seems they're trying to promote LEF their products (perhaps they get a few % of every sale done through their site?). They also recommend the use of Super Bio Curcumin, which caused problems for many people, not only regarding hair loss but also people taking curcumin for other diseases.

Anyways, back ontopic:

The curcumin / resveratrol combo is something many on this forum have used for years now, and has gotten quite a lot of positive feedback.
I can tell from my own experience supplementing L-Taurine greatly reduces shedding within weeks, which confirms L'Oreal their study on taurine. L'Oreal their patent stated taurine reduces/inhibits tgf-b and is even taken up by hair follicles and protects them against damage by tgf-b. My hair shedding decreased by about 50% only 2,5-3 weeks after I started taking it, so taurine is something I would definitely recommend to newcomers (while doing research on other supplements to take).
I didn't see any real difference in shedding from drinking 1 litre of Green Tea each day - but it battles certain underlying causes of hair loss, so it won't hurt and I drink tea all day anyways.

Can't tell you much about the other supplements, though.

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review Empty Re: Hairloss-resarch.org Protocol Review

Post  granger451 Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm

longhairedredhead wrote:I can never resist to laugh whenever I see those "super" and "ultra" prefixes in product names. Very Happy

Hahaha thats true.

Ill definitely consider the l-taurine. yes i do think they receive a kickback from life extension. Literally the exact same products can be purchased cheaper on amazon. If i adopt some of the protocol i might purchase some from the site as a thanks for making the information public.

granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 pm

I messaged that guy before i found this forum and his site was my hope in HL... From his regimen i tried black and green tea, saw palmetto and emu oil with no beneficial effect. Thought, i noticed beneficial effect using resveratrol, coconut oil and curcumin. I'venever supplemented taurine, hlad to hear about positive effects about it...Razz I am currently supplementing more like IH and i've reduced shedding.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:57 pm

To be honest, I never expected results from taurine until I decided to just try it. I couldn't find anyone on major (Dutch) hair loss sites who had used or was using taurine, and the only information about it seemed to come from hairloss-research.org and Inneov/L'Oreal their own website. About a week later taurine was at discount at my local supplements store for E6,99/60 pills and I couldn't find any side effects on the internet, so I decided to just give it a shot.... and I'm glad I did! I was absolutely surprised to find about 50-65% fewer hairs in my hands in the shower, and the drain isn't clogged anymore after every shower (I was losing A LOT!).

I've got a feeling it also reduces my scalp's sebum production.

Just wow for that cheap stuff!!

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:54 am

soy is made more effective combined with cayenne(1/2 teaspoon) on that site which has gotten some negatives here. I've never felt anything bad from taking that dose i'd imagine extract could be bad though. I've taken taurine it definitely reduces sebum which is probably why it's a very popular acne remedy on acne forums sometimes combined with vitamin B5(I think they should add A+D too) I take brewers yeast instead seems like a good combo.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:21 am

The fact that taurine is beneficial for the liver should help out from a more long term/overall health approach as well.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  granger451 Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

CS whats your opinion on each of these supplements ?
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 pm

granger451 wrote:CS whats your opinion on each of these supplements ?

This is a really popular question, well not surprisingly, I like the resveratrol curcumin combination. Ultra Natural Prostate Formula (not necessary, but helpful for very young with high SHBG only), Theaflavin is okay, but a bit steep on the price for a water soluble antioxidant. Taurine is of value for some people--although no effect in others--trial and error is good for this (it may depend on one's diet on whether it is of value or not).

Soy Isoflavones for some reasons are hard to get excited about for various reasons.
Super Absorbable Tocotrienols nice, just prefer a Toco-sorb due to the price.
Pomegranate extract and natural estrogen may not produce a noticeable effect unless
the dosage is increased, plus the research was more exciting than the results from what I could gather.

I do like the green tea and the zinc portion. Green tea reduces the negative effects of iron and absorption from food. Zinc is a major essential mineral that is important for the overall picture.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:58 am

granger451 wrote:I am trying to incorporate more of ray peats philosophies and Immortal hair philosophies. However both are geared toward overall health and assuming hair will work itself out downstream. I think these are great and will continue to experiment but i feel if i realistically want some real results I'm going to need add a little more "kick" and take supplements that directly attack the anti-hair hormones. (DHT, estrogen, prolactin, cortisol , etc. )

I wanted to fully review the regimen from the other site most of us commonly frequent. I see various parts of this website discussed here so lets just fully dissect it all to take out the best parts Smile
http://www.hairloss-research.org/

CS & others what do you think of each of these independently?  Anybody else trying any of these?

1. Oral Resveratrol/Curcumin this is good for hair loss
2. Theaflavin good too
3. L-Taruine/Green Tea/Zinc good, maybe the zinc is unnecessary
4. Grape Seed Extract w/ Resveratol and Pterostilbene
unnecessary, most Resveratrol comes with grape seed in it. just find a brand that does.
5. Super Absorbable Soy Isoflavones  I don't know about this
6. Super Absorbable Tocotrienols this is good based on research
7. Ultra Natrual Prostate Formula an excellent formula for men, yes it's good
8. Natural Estrogen w/ pomegrenate extract ( phytoestrogen)   I don't know about this

The soy isoflavones give me reservations because of what I've read on this being anti-thyroid. So ill 99% stay away from this.
I don't know much about resveratrol but am generally always skeptical of the latest health fad like 'goji berries' or whatever.

My responses in bold. I think it is a good regimen. Maybe add in silica too.
Grape seed extract is unnecessary. Any good resveratrol will include it in the formula. Save you swallowing more capsules.
Zinc can make people nauseaous.
Another problem is, people buy the cheapest, nastiest resveratrol / curcumin and complain it doesn't work.

However, this is his real regimen .
And in the recent updates he has added a new argan oil based product in the last month , as of june 2014.

Fortunately, up to this point, my "obsession" has, I feel, paid off. I have more hair now than I did in '84. I do not consider myself to be a "normal" individual; I spend approximately $185.00 a month on hair growth products and nutrients. My current personal hair loss treatment regime consists of
(Topically) Nizoral Shampoo E.O.D.,
Emu Oil, Dr. Proctor's Advanced Hair Regrowth formula, Dr. Proctor's Hair Regrowth Shampoo E.O.D.,
(Orals) Ultra- Natural Prostate Formula,
Resveratrol/Bio-Curcumin,
Natural (Phyto)Estrogen w/Pomegrante Extract,
Soy Isoflavone w/NATTO/Cayenne,
Mega Green Extract/Taurine/Zinc Methionine,
Grape Seed Extract,
Ginkgo Biloba Extract,
Bilberry Extract, Root Food (an L-Cysteine based hair vitamin),
Rhodiola, Fish Oil, GLA,
L-Lysine/Vitamin C/Iron, MSM,
not to mention head stands and scalp massage. Due to my concerns about the long term health consequences of finasteride, I discontinued Proscar in 2004, with no negative consequence to my hair. My diet could be best described as "Meditterasian"-a combination of food staples from both the Mediterranean and Asian diets. I am admittedly a self absorbed, sick individual…with a full head of hair.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 am

I am surprised more people don't follow his regimen. At least he backs up what he says.

Most people do what they think works, what might work, what could work, what no one else has tried before, what they think no one else in the world has discovered.

I call it the "blind" regimen.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:05 am

[quote="iuyyighghghgkh"]
granger451 wrote:However, this is his real regimen .
And in the recent updates he has added a new argan oil based product in the last month , as of june 2014.

Fortunately, up to this point, my "obsession" has, I feel, paid off. I have more hair now than I did in '84. I do not consider myself to be a "normal" individual; I spend approximately $185.00 a month on hair growth products and nutrients. My current personal hair loss treatment regime consists of
Emu Oil, Dr. Proctor's Advanced Hair Regrowth formula, Dr. Proctor's Hair Regrowth Shampoo E.O.D.,
Grape Seed Extract,
Ginkgo Biloba Extract,
Rhodiola, Fish Oil, GLA,
not to mention head stands and scalp massage. Due to my concerns about the long term health consequences of finasteride, I discontinued Proscar in 2004, with no negative consequence to my hair. My diet could be best described as "Meditterasian"-a combination of food staples from both the Mediterranean and Asian diets. I am admittedly a self absorbed, sick individual…with a full head of hair.

That was his regimen in 2008:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080201101612/http://www.hairloss-research.org/fromtheeditorsdesk.html

The regimen he recommends has changed.  

http://www.hairloss-research.org/ProtocolMen08.html?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 am

CF wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
granger451 wrote:However, this is his real regimen .

Grape Seed Extract,
Ginkgo Biloba Extract,
Rhodiola, Fish Oil, GLA,

That was his regimen in 2008:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080201101612/http://www.hairloss-research.org/fromtheeditorsdesk.html

The regimen he recommends has changed.  

http://www.hairloss-research.org/ProtocolMen08.html?

http://www.hairloss-research.org/fromtheeditorsdesk.html

That regimen is slightly different from the one listed. Maye he has forgotten to update that part of his website.

However the website does get an update every month as of july 2014

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:27 pm

What is Natural (Phyto)Estrogen?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Too bad you can't get all those supplements in one pill...like a multivitamin. Still. $185 a month seems a little steep. That's like $45/week. I wish these old posters would come back and show a picture of themselves of what they look like today.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Would supplementing with estrogen actually be a good idea though?

I found the supplement the regime was referring to.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:42 am

theseeker86 wrote:Would supplementing with estrogen actually be a good idea though?

I don't know.

Maybe natural estrogen.

I think the problem is estrogen mimicers from plastic and chemicals in air food and water, which need to be removed from the body.
Removing them may help with hair loss and rebalance hormones.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:13 am

theseeker86 wrote:Would supplementing with estrogen actually be a good idea though?

Taking estrogen will grow hair, chest and creating a dull effect "downstairs" it's a really bad idea.

Even the natural estrogens can present a problem. It takes a very tiny amount to create a problem.

Overall, many of us have too much estrogen in general, this hits the thyroid in a bad way.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Taking estrogen will grow hair, chest and creating a dull effect "downstairs" it's a really bad idea.

Even the natural estrogens can present a problem. It takes a very tiny amount to create a problem.

Overall, many of us have too much estrogen in general, this hits the thyroid in a bad way.

yes, agreed. not sure why he reccomends it.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:42 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Not that I would touch the stuff especially since I get gyno pretty easily but it would actually help with hair regrowth or you mean body hair?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:56 pm

I think it is reccomended simply to get rid of the estrogen mimicers in the body.

Natural estrogen could help, but I am sure you can get it from food too.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:31 am

either way, look at the bigger picture.

the regimen as a whole is better than most.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 am

The only items that sort of put me off the regime is the prostate formula and the dr proctors shampoo.  The prostate stuff because of lowering dht and I also get bad sides when I do that even naturally and the shampoo because of "natural" minox.  Anything that has minox in the sentence scares me right off that stuff ate my hairline when I tried it years ago lol

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

I know that website reccomends Life Extension for everything, but this Resveratrol is better.

it contains green tea, grape seed extract and resveratrol in one capsule. Just saves a bit of money and is more compact.

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Answer-Resveratrol-250-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/39733

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:16 am

theseeker86 wrote:The only items that sort of put me off the regime is the prostate formula and the dr proctors shampoo.  The prostate stuff because of lowering dht and I also get bad sides when I do that even naturally and the shampoo because of "natural" minox.  Anything that has minox in the sentence scares me right off that stuff ate my hairline when I tried it years ago lol

Because my hair loss began in the early 1990's, I had a long time to experiment with natural DHT blockers/5-AR inhibitors....I eventually discovered they were too damaging.

I also second the part about minoxidil...wouldn't touch anything with that ingredient.

The real secret is balancing all of the glands (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal and thyroid). It's akin to going back in time when everything word properly.

An elevation of 5-AR is a sign of inflammation. However, attacking DHT specifically will only cause problems.

Resveratrol is much more effective when paired with curcumin. For this reason there is Antioxidant Boost which contains both. There is a synergy involving the regulation of neuropeptides and CB1 receptors.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next